collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does shopgoodwill not accept debit cards? (And did I overpay for shipping?)  (Read 595 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
For the longest time, I've avoided shopgoodwill because they only accept Mastercard and Visa, and my main CC provider is neither of those. Then a while ago I got a debit card which was Visa, and I checked the FAQ to make sure that they would still accept debit as well as credit. I was so sure that they did, so I made an account.

Well, today I won my first shopgoodwill lot and I'm extremely confused, because as I gave them my information, I just kept getting an error screen saying that it could not be processed. WHAT? Everything is correct on it. Is it because shopgoodwill will not take a debit card? I'm kind of confused by the format of the website anyway, and now I'm freaking out.

Under S&H charges it just said $4.00 by the pound, so I figured $4.00 was the shipping charge, maybe a little more if the ponies ended up being close to two pounds. (There are 12 of them so I doubt it.) When the total came back to me, they actually charged $11.00 for shipping, and $4.00 for handling. WHAT? That's $15, more than I payed for the ponies themselves! How is that fair? Unless I'm just confused.

And now I'm freaking out because I know I can pay for it, but will it not accept it? Has anyone had these problems before? HELP!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if they accept debit cards but I know they charge a lot for shipping :huh:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
They have crazy shipping chargers, so it honestly doesn't sound to out of the park for them. 

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I talked to my mother and thankfully she is nice enough to let me go ahead and use her credit card to pay for the ponies while I reimburse her with cash. (I'm a server anyway, so I've got plenty physical cash for her!)

But now I'm way more confused, because even after I punched everything in for her card, it still won't accept my order. :headdesk:

Has anyone tried emailing the address that Goodwill gives out for info? Are they helpful at all?

I was so excited for the ponies too. I'll be getting Baby Crumpet and my very first Birthflower, as well as a Crumpet fakie which as a fakie collector makes me go :frolic: behind the computer screen. But now I feel more like :sad: because if I do get the ponies, they'll be tainted with the memory of this situation which also makes me go like :angry:.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
You are probably getting a bug. I used to use my debit card all the time with them. Occasionally they have errors and you can't just pay right away. And yes they charge a handling fee on top of the actual postage. They have a link that you click to show you the estimated postage.
When I first started using the site I got some great deals on large pony lots, it was awesome. But with shipping prices gone up and they tacking on that extra handling fee it's hardly worth it unless the bids stay under like $12. I watch it all the time and hardly ever buy anything because it seems more people know about the site and they bid things up early on.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Thank you for your reply, NinaMarie. That's so reassuring. :hug:

Unfortunately though, I've maxed out my retries for tonight, but I've emailed the sellers and I'll see if they can do anything to help me. I explained to them that I was a new user and was very polite, so we'll see what comes of it! Which link is it though that will show you the shipping costs? That's so good to know. Now that I'm aware that it's there, I'll be sure to use it if I ever buy in the future!

I agree about not bidding so much due to outrageous amounts that people are willing to put in. I'm really thankful that this one ended up being only $14. Even though it still ended up being pricey due to shipping, I know I can still afford it so I feel pretty alright about it. I'm just not used to the format of the site- I think that eBay and Etsy are a lot more user-friendly.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal