collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Puzzlemint plug n' play question  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
Puzzlemint plug n' play question
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:14:54 PM »
Hey, I had an actual question about the toys- G3 Puzzlemint, she came with a plug and play game for girls- to anyone who has her, what was this game about? did it have a story? are there any screenshots? I would like to use this in my G3 fanfic if I knew more about it, thanks!  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
Re: Puzzlemint plug n' play question
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 04:22:09 AM »
Alas, I have it but MIB and never played with. I would like to know more about the game myself :)

Offline fireglides

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Crazy Scottie Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 09:18:45 AM »
Ooh, good question. I'd like to know this as well. I have Puzzlemint, but I got her straight from China without the game.
:good: Selling my collection -  take a peek! :nerdy:
   500 ponies - G1, G2, G3, G4 - includes Mail Orders, Comic Con, etc.

Includes other 80s items with more coming soon...

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 10:13:31 AM »
anybody out there play this thing? Anybody? I'd actually buy and play the thing myself, but it's too $$$ now, oh dear

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 11:10:59 AM »
http://www.avaneshop.com/product/g3-my-little-pony-grand-puzzleventure-video-game-plug-and-play-tv-game
I found that

The pony was in the episode "Positively Pink" and apparently the games are very basic. 

Her backcard story
http://www.intothesea.com/MyLittlePony/IDPages/G3/Backcard/PuzzleMint.jpg

The website says "Your task is to help Puzzlemint find the missing puzzle pieces by exploring Ponyville and playing mini-games."

Sorry I just can't find any screenshots!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »
You have to complete various tasks, and for each one you get a piece to a puzzle. One was quite funny - you had to make the pony dance as the arrows lit up.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »
Did Puzzlemint also come with a puzzle set?  I thought so but I could be wrong.  I don't know how many times I saw Puzzlemint at Target and walked by and decided not to get it, because I didn't want the game.  Now, I wish I had since she's not as easily found.  Also, during G3 times I never thought about when G3's would end and what I should buy in case it does end, in case I wanted it after.  >_<

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »
I have a scanned version of the instruction manual if that helps at all. It has some screen grabs but they are all in black and white or pink and white if I remember correctly.

If you keep an eye on ebay the set does come up occasionally and it does not tend to be too expensive.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
I have this game but it's been a while since I've played it.  I can dig it out and get you whatever info you want, if you'd like.  Good luck with your fanfic.

I think there was a butterfly themed flying game and I think there was a dress up game.  I don't recall much else.  I liked it, probably because it wasn't hard, but it was so easy I didn't play it much.

It's for sale, mostly likely overpriced (I have to redo all my pricing), so if you want it, you can make me an offer.  The link to my sales is in my sig.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »
I've looked for screenshots in the past and not been able to find any, so Emberfly, if you or anyone else would help out, that'd be amazing :)

Offline Emberfly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »
I've looked for screenshots in the past and not been able to find any, so Emberfly, if you or anyone else would help out, that'd be amazing :)

I'll try and get you some tonight after work.

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 09:08:55 PM »
Thank you so much, all of you! ^^ yes screenshots would be nice, and whatever little details you could gean. I plan to apdat whatever little 'story' there is into a chapter of the G3 fic. Also, if the game's any good, I might just try to pick it up! ^^

Offline Emberfly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 12:38:14 AM »
Here's the Story with screen shots.  If you want something specific, ask, I ended up taking 99 pics as I played the game.  I was going to post some pics but I think I'd rather just direct you to my photobucket album with them.  Some are blurrier than other, sorry about that, I had to take the pics without the flash and I have less than steady hands.

http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/Emberfly1/library/Grand%20Puzzleventure?sort=3&page=1

The game starts with Puzzlemint introducing herself.  Pinkie Pie gives her a puzzle piece and she suggest we build a big puzzle.  We’re given two pieces to start.  We then go visit Twinkle Twirl’s Dance Studio where Puzzlemint says she wishes she could dance like Twinkle Twirl.  We ‘dance’ by moving the joystick in the direction of the notes.  After doing that well, getting a certain score, she gives us a puzzle piece and we now have access to Sew and So’s Closet.

At Sew and So’s closet we play dress up and have to press the button of the item (of 3) that doesn’t fit the season/event on the calendar and the outfit (what doesn’t belong).  When we get a certain score on that we get another puzzle piece and now have access to Celebration Castle.

At Celebration Castle you need to help Princess Wysteria find her ‘princessy’ things that her Breezie ladies in waiting misplace.  You walk through different mazes and collect the items while avoiding the breezies who steal items if they touch you (hard game only).  You need to collect all the items in the given time frame (hard game only) and then you get a ‘princessy present’ of a crown and a puzzle piece.  We now have access to Breezie Blossom.

At Breezie Blossom you need to help find the Breezies and their friends.  Three colours of flowers are on the screen and you need to press the button of the corresponding flower when it wiggles to release the friend or Breezie.  There are multiple levels with a time limit.  I had to get a score of 1500 on the hard setting to get the piece and since I suck at hand eye, I needed to do this 3 times to pass.  I now can go to Butterfly Island.

At Butterfly you meet Star Catcher and ask to play some flying games and so you get to play butterfly tag.  This is where you fly and avoid obstacles and catch certain butterflies.  You need to catch 4 full sets in each level with the number of butterflies increasing in each level.  The cocoon counts.  When you get the score you need, you get another puzzle piece and access Crystal Rainbow Castle.

At Crystal Rainbow Castle you meet Rarity and collect colour strands to make rainbows.  You need a certain number of each colour to fill the colour meters and then complete the rainbow.  There are 3 levels and each level has you complete that number of rainbow in a time frame.  You then get the last puzzle piece and are taken to the puzzle to complete.  You could have completed the puzzle as you went but returning to Puzzlemint’s cottage.  The easy game has a different puzzle with less pieces that don't need to be rotated.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:39:53 AM by Emberfly »

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 02:01:01 AM »
That all looks/sounds amazing, thank you! I had no idea Sew and So got another major appearance, even an out-of-the-way one like this, and some of those sprites look like they'd be really useful for all sorts of stuff. Plus it's fun trying to read all the lines in Puzzlemint's ridiculous voice, no kidding!

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 10:48:22 AM »
thank you so much, this is a REALLY big help! I can really use all these pictures and info, I am truly greatful! Okay, so;

1.) Wysteria is still the princess after 'princess prominade', and still has her breezie attendants. This goes with what I thought about the whole 'everyone's a princess' bit being a way to get her friends back to treating her normally, and making wysteria feel special.

2.)Rarity is still the princess of unicornia. I'm taking the guess that Rarity's 'reign' will last until next year's celebration, when a new Rainbow Princess will be chosen; kind of a 'miss america' deal.

Questions; So ponies in the game, in total; Starcatcher, Pinkie Pie, So and Sew, Wysteria, Rarity, Twinkle Twirl, Spike, and Zipzee and a couple on unnamed Breezies? And the whole Puzzle thing is just a game of Pinkie Pie's, right? Hmmmm, might have to add a bit to that for the adaptation...

Thanks so much for this info, it's a really big help! I plan to adapt this whole game into  chapter all it's own, and I wouldn't have been able to have done it wthout  your help! ^^
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:19:24 AM by Firehooves »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal