collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay Frustrations!  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
eBay Frustrations!
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »
A while ago I won this auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/200946854703?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I was super excited too because it's one of the last two Adult Sea Ponies that I need and she has a partial shell - plus the price was great - maybe too great....

It's now Aug 24 - and while I paid on the 31st of July - still no pony. I know it's coming from the UK but I got the Lighting I won last week yesterday. - Plus the seller never marked the package shipped.

I sent a message on the 19th asking if it had been shipped but the seller still hasn't responded.

At this point all I can think to do is open a case. I'm just frustrated because I really wanted this pony.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: eBay Frustrations!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »
I would try contacting the seller again. As long as you're in your 45-day window for paypal, you're covered. Just keep an eye on that window and be sure to file before it closes. Sometimes it just takes a while for mail from Europe to the U.S. and they may not have mailed it right away.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »
Hmmm...that name sounds a bit familiar  :tellme: I could be wrong but I think Stormy had some issues with this person. I am also not so sure they may not be a member here. I will have to do some digging.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 05:02:55 AM »
I opened a case - hoping eBay could get ahold of the seller - they must not have been able to either - 'cause they refunded me right away. I see in their feedback that this isn't the first non-shippment they've had either. Now I have to wonder what kind of feedback I leave...
Check out my Sales!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 06:51:41 AM »
I opened a case - hoping eBay could get ahold of the seller - they must not have been able to either - 'cause they refunded me right away. I see in their feedback that this isn't the first non-shippment they've had either. Now I have to wonder what kind of feedback I leave...

The seller refunded you or ebay cancelled the transaction and refunded you?

As for what kind of feedback to leave, considering it's been almost a month since you placed the order and you never received any kind of contact from that seller, I myself would probably leave a neutral stating "Item never shipped, contacted w/ no response, opened case money refunded" and I would probably ding them on communication and shipping time.

That may seem harsh, I try to stay away from leaving negatives and neutrals especially with being a seller myself and knowing how much a nesgative, neutral and star dinging can hurt. But in my oppinion when a month has gone by and the item isn't marked as shipped, they aren't responding to your messages, you have to resprt to opening a case and then your money is refunded, that to me says item was never shipped to begin with.

If there were some kind of problems and they had notified you a few weeks back, that's a different story all together.

Best of luck in however you decide to handle it.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 02:57:13 AM »
How disappointing! that was a great price for Whitecap!  The seller seems to have mostly good feedback too although there is a neutral. I wonder why they didnt respond, even to the case? ..  :huh:  sometimes it does take that long for a UK to US item to arrive.   I noticed looking at the feeback that there is now a feedback that was left yesterday (26th Aug) for Seabreeze - another second set seapony that was sold on the same date as you won your Whitecap, so there is a very good chance that your pony will actually arrive safely (lets hope!) ;) . I would hold off the feedback a bit longer if you can, just incase the pony does arrive in the next few days. If it doesnt then go for a neutral or neg feedback (since ebay refunded you not the seller and there was still no communication) along the lines that Mikeysgrrl said. You can always revise the feedback later if the pony arrives.
Its still frustrating that the seller didnt bother to reply to you, so even if your pony arrives and you leave a positive, unless they send you a message then I would still ding the stars on communication.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 06:40:30 AM »
I just got a message from them today - they didn't send the item - said they got hit by a car and just now came out of the hospital ---not sure if I believe that or not...
Check out my Sales!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 06:48:29 AM »
I mean no ill will against this person if they really did get hit by a car. But one should never make up wild stories like that because it will come back to you three-fold.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:04 AM »
Kinda interesting that they have several White Cap with pink shell feedbacks.

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 03:47:39 AM »
I just got a message from them today - they didn't send the item - said they got hit by a car and just now came out of the hospital ---not sure if I believe that or not...

:blink:  oh dear. I always dread massages like that. If they really did get hit by a car and have been in hospital then thats really awful, but you never can tell  these days- we do hear some pretty wild excuses. Plus the other seapony auction that ended on the same day as yours... the person got her pony... so why didnt you? did they post that one sooner? why not post your pony at the same time?  presuming you and the other person both paid right away after the auction ended it does sound a bit off....  but maybe its the truth :huh:
 Did they say they were now going to send your pony, or did they offer a refund? :what:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 04:00:18 AM »
eBay already refunded me. Even though they made it sound like they did.

The full msg is
"I am so sorry for not contacting u,. i got hit by a car and have only just come out of hospital. Ive not posted item so the full refund has been sent back to u. again im so sorry for this."

I saw the other seapony was shipped. Why didn't they send mine out? There was another neutral posted by someone who also said their item wasn't shipped to them.
Check out my Sales!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 04:09:33 AM »
*facepalm* :facepalm: yes  of course you were already refunded - sorry hun my brain is so not working today! :blush:  :yikes:  :drunk:  I think I need a coffee!  :coffee:

I dont like their text speak but maybe they are genuine- its hard to tell really. Keep an eye on their auctions for the item being relisted or for any other feedbacks. I think a neutral is probably fair. 

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 04:14:40 AM »
She's a member here, I'm 98.5% certain. Think it's '... (name hidden unless asked for, for privacy reasons)' UK member? She was selling all the custom baby seaponies, and those here with 'offers'. If it's not, I apologise sincerely, but I'm am 98.5% certain. Same camera quality, same  custom baby seaponies.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 04:55:39 AM »
Can you contact those who left neutral or negative feedback about what seller told them?

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 11:11:20 AM »
I've personally bought stuff from that seller plenty of times with no issues... they do speak in chatspeak almost always - and I know their personal life has been a mess, and their sea ponies were the pride of their collection, selling them off for the needs of real life... but, I don't want to say that they didn't send it because it went for so cheap... but.... can't help but maybe think that? :huh:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal