collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Brag! Private Other Collections Swap with mkia9  (Read 345 times)

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
Brag! Private Other Collections Swap with mkia9
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:55:35 AM »
When mkia9 was looking for a private swap partner I was eager to respond.  We sent each other our collections info and mine was rather long.  I collect lots of things but mostly in a casual way.  My collections include Star Trek, Dr Who, watches, bookmarks and bunnies.  There are more things I like and mkia9 saw that everything in my box was related to an interest of some kind.

She was a great swap partner and fun to chat with while we were shopping.  I'm glad to have had the opportunity to get to know her and make a new friend.  :biggrin:

On to the haul!!!

I wasn't organized enough to take a pic of the box when I opened it, I'm so bad with my camera and taking pics, so lets start with an overall shot of the goodies.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So much awesomeness!!

The detail pics are in spoilers as this is a pic heavy post.  Now for the details:

mkia9 included 3 cards with her box.  Yep, not one, but 3!!!  They were very lovely and each had it's own purpose.  I like the zebra one since she collects zebras.

Spoiler

The candy was really great.  I received the big gummy bears in a previous swap and loved them and the coconut toasted marshmallows are a childhood favourite that I seem to be unable to find locally so I'm so excited to get them.  As you can see, I've already started to eat them.  And the Dig 'n Dips used to be three, nuff said.

Spoiler

In the really cute bunny Star Trek tote bag that mkia made with the help of her SO was some great things.  I love school supplies and when I found that there were MLP folders I knew they would be a big want, how lovely was it of her to include them in the box?  I just know that I'll not find them here, we never seem to get good pony stuff.  And a MLP calendar!!  I was thinking I might go with MLP next year for my calendar so this worked out perfectly.  As did the colouring book since I already have it but couldn't bring myself to colour it and now I can. :D

Spoiler

I collect postcards as a way of travelling vicariously and mkia9 must have stalked me to find this out.  They are from where she lives and a SeaWorld one from a recent vacation.  She also got me a stamped penny from there but it escaped the close ups.

Spoiler

I love stickers also and everything here is going to be used and loved, particularly the Old Time Bunny stickers.  I know mkia9 did stalk me to find out that I love the Avengers.  The little cards with Pinkie Pie and Princess Celestia's cute marks are tattoos!  How cool is that?

Spoiler

I do love bookmarks and mkia9 found some really great ones.  I had been interested in the van Gogh TARDIS art so this bookmark is very loved.  The cute peacock with the pen is very pretty and I know I'll love the pen, such a nice pink colour and pretty patterns.  I love pink.  And the one that intrigued me most was the interlocking magnetic bookmark where the elastic goes in the book and the design connects on the outside.  I've never seen something like this and I love the stars (I'm a space them junkie) and the message "All the wonders you see are within yourself."  I think there's something profound about self awareness and attitude about like here.

Spoiler

Stuff for my classroom or when I sub.  I love stampers and use them all the time in teaching and stickers are always a good thing in my books for the kids.  I love the cute monster theme and the fact that they're on a roll and have a dispenser.  Love the bathroom passes, if I get my own class this year they'll be used for sure.  What a thoughtful and surprise gift.

Spoiler

I had mentioned that I love wizard Mickey and look who made it into my box, along with a button pin?  Along with the cutest little jointed bunny who was in the teaser pics and made me impatient to get my box.

Spoiler

Now for the jewellery.  I love jewellery.  The card of earrings was purchased for the cute bunnies but I love all of the little character and there's what appears to be a clock as well, so it touches on my time piece love.  I also am very fond of the copper coloured earrings, well, of all of them, really. :)  And the cute green stone bunny earrings match a ring I got from a previous swap (mkia9 stalking continues ;)).

Spoiler

And the PONY WATCH!!!!!  I've been wanting a pony watch for a while now and the only ones that seemed nice were the G3 ones, and I'd have been fine with that but I like G4 a little better than G3 so it's wonderful. :D

Spoiler

Now for the amazing Star Trek stuff!!!  She won me the awesome Scotty from a claw machine!  I can never win anything from those machines, much less something I'm aiming for.  And she won it on the first try and got a bonus plushie as well.  I think he's super adorable!  I also love the lunch tin collectible, where she hid more presents, the sly dog.  The tumbler is a real treat as it's of the ship and I love the ship.  I put paper in the glass so you could see the design better.  LOVE THESE!  The mini plate is one I've not seen before and I have 3 already, though one got broke.  I love that it has the entire crew/ cast.

Spoiler

Now for more amazing parts of the box:  FLOATY PENS!!!  These aren't too easy to find, especially Star Trek ones.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these.  Turns out mkia9 won a random generated raffle for the pen.  She seriously has a horseshoe up her bum to win those two things.  I almost never seem to win anything.  I feel so lucky!

Spoiler

I saved the rest of the crafts for last.  I can't say how much I love these, they are the absolute best parts of the box because they are specially made for me and that makes them extra special.  Princess Celestia was create for my by mkia9's SO and is so beautiful.  I need to get her a frame and hang her right away.  She even came in a cute leaf file folder that is just visible in the overall items picture, so it was a cute 2-in-1 item.  ;)

These crafts were made for me by mkia9, herself and they are the most charming things.  I'm not sure where I'm going to put the bunny but I'm hanging the Star Trek insignia as soon as possible.  I got a bit of a chip in transit but the pieces are there and it should be no problem to fix up good as new.

This was a great swap and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I made a new friend who I was able to get great items for and got super awesome, amazing items in return.  I can't tell you how great mkia9 was as a swap partner.  She was super communicative and friendly and really got to know my likes so she could put together a great box for me.  I feel so spoiled and special with this box.

Thanks so much mkia9, you rock like fuzzy socks!
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Brag! Private Other Collections Swap with mkia9
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »
Wow! It's very obvious she put a lot of thought into your box :--) And props to her for winning a claw machine!  :lol:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »
That is an amazing box! You are so lucky! Congrats!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
Star Trek bunnies! :heart: that is awesome
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 05:38:21 PM »
I'm so glad you like it all ^.^  I had such a fun time swapping with you!

The Scotty plush was from a crane machine and I only put in one quarter! As he was coming out, he knocked a Thomas the train plush down the winner shoot as well! :). I was pleased.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »
Oooh floaty pens.

I looked all over the shops here and never found any  :cry: I like those kind of pens too  ;)

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »
Oooh floaty pens.

I looked all over the shops here and never found any  :cry: I like those kind of pens too  ;)

The San Diego one I found at Seaport village. The others I had to find online :). We do t have any here, either :(. They're really neat pens!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »
Horseshoe up her bum! :lmao: Nice box! I love the Princess Celestia that mkia's SO drew. Prettyyyy.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »
Oh, neat!  Congrats, hun!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal