collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Quality control  (Read 3820 times)

Peppermint leaf

• Trade Count: (0)
Quality control
« on: August 23, 2013, 11:18:55 PM »
I've just recently bought the fan favorites collection #2 and was slightly disappointed in how my ponies ended up after I took them out of the package. My Lyra has a small gap around her neck, "muffin" has a thin mane, has missing plugs and a gap in her neck also. And lastly, Lyrica’s hair is short, and I was going to curl it :cry: did I mention that one of muffin's wings was slightly bent? I understand it's just a toy set, but really Hasbro? it's a COLLECTION the least you could do is make it with better quality. I love getting new ponies, but if they're always going to have multiple factory errors then I might just have to stop buying ponies.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Quality control
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 11:49:39 PM »
Yeesh. This isn't the first problem I've heard about this set today. Yes, today. Who knows how many complaints we'll get as it comes out more places?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:27:42 AM »
Awwws, sorry to hear that! Poor G4 toys, I usually carefully inspect any visible parts of the pony in the packaging before I buy. What bugs me is how silly the paper crowns are!  x(

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:33:12 AM »
That sucks :( I want to get this set. I know there has been a lot of issues going on with the new ponies to.

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 04:11:41 AM »
So disappointing. :( People were having issues with the last Favorites Collection too.

Contact Hasbro about it. I remember people did this last time. I don't know if they got anywhere with it but it's worth a shot if enough people contact them.
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 07:11:27 AM »
Wow Hasbro LAME!!!!!! :( sort it out for goodness sake!!!!

Multi billion dollar company...can't even spend a little more to make sure the toys are top quality?!!!!!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 07:38:48 AM »
defntly complain to hasbro aobut it!! 
i had the  isseus with my wedding castle. and they sent me a replacement, maybe they'lld o the same for you

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »
I am so sorry to hear you are disappointed :( That's terrible.

Unfortunately this is a mass market relatively inexpensive pack. I can completely understand wanting better finish and I am sure if you complain to Hasbro they should hopefully be able to send you a replacement.

It is 7 ponies for $35 and that does put MLP in the cheap toy bracket and with cheap purchase prices comes with items made to a quality and finish that ensures they remain "cheap" on shelves.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 01:36:18 PM »
What Hathorcat, in addition, the demand and clamor to have new ponies can directly affect the quality you get for what is still basically a toy item, if semi masquerading as a collectable.  It is still being sold in a toy store for even an ordinary parent to buy.

And with today's kids moving on even faster then ever in their likes and what they want it is understandable for it to be cheaply made. 

Not saying it is right, but sadly how the world turns in this century. 

One of the other things I collect is Breyers, some of the limited editions for them can cost over $150 and guess what - they have the same quality control issues.  So really it comes down to an overall wish form the American public to pay less for a product so it is produced someplace where quality is not a concern. 

:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

BowtieG1

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »
"The dots of doom"

I'm convinced its that ridiculous mask that has screwed her up...
she also has ingrained dirt on her front right hoof...

Not happy- Hasbro
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:17:45 PM by BowtieG1 »

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 03:28:09 AM »
Okay, I hate to say this, as I keep seeing these threads come up. . .but. . .

As much money as Hasbro makes, they have *NEVER* been concerned with quality.  Nope.  This is not something new, and they have *never* been concerned about making something *high quality* or top notch, so honestly, you're hoping for a miracle.  They've been around since the 20's.  Go look it up. 

Every so often, I see the stuff they made early on, and it was comparably cheap as it is now.  They literally started out making cheap toys for poor families.  While other companies were making art dolls, and exquisite items, Hasbro's top seller in the 1940's was a chinsy little composition doll with no moving legs, just some jointed arms and with a stationary head with painted eyes (Most dolls of this time period were jointed at the hips, shoulders, and neck, and half had open close eyes by a rough guess).  She didn't come with clothes.  She came with some cotton cloth, and you were supposed to sew clothes for her.  Pretty smart, not having to pay people to hand stitch clothes ( which in the 1920's to 1950's, doll clothing was almost exclusively made in the US still, but for some things coming in from the Japanese market towards the end of the 1950's. ) 

And it's smart, if but extremely annoying.  Almost all of the toy companies from that time period have sank.  American Character, Ideal, Effanbee ( but for some bought of reproductions made by Tonner, the company is no more ), Vogue ( resurrected now, but again, they make reproductions of their dolls from their heyday ).  Hasbro is one of the oldest toy companies in the US.  Madame Alexander has managed to hold on, but because they went the direct opposite route.  They went for huge exclusives and a very expensive product.  ( They had dolls in the 40's that cost $75 ), and then there's Horsman, who played both sides, but Horsman is pretty much kaput too, they enjoyed lukewarm success with Rini, but other than that. . .  But yes, this quality control thing has never existed with Hasbro, and it never will.  :/ 

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 03:43:38 AM »
MiRaja, that's actually a really interesting story. Didn't know that about Hasbro.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 03:54:17 AM »
My local TRU only had TWO of these sets, and both of them had such obvious defects (stray paint, scratches, messy application) that I didn't get either of them. :(
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 05:42:07 AM »
I haven't yet seen these in the wild, but I'm sorry to hear that they're sub-par! Perhaps I'd be better off just looking for a perfect Bubblebutt and paying similar money for just that pony.

Unfortunately, I don't think that Hasbro can replace TRU exclusives. I remember folks having difficulty with these requests in the past.

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 05:52:55 AM »
I had to look through five sets to find one that was acceptable. And Shining Armor still has super thin hair. None of them look great. And the way they posed the queen in all of them, it bent her wing to the side.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal