collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Next Wave of Playful Ponies  (Read 8369 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Next Wave of Playful Ponies
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2013, 08:40:40 PM »
Also, did anyone notice they come with a barette OR a brush, not both? I haven't been paying much attention to accessories for the last few waves but... is this normal? How are you supposed to brush these 'brushable' ponies' hair if they don't come with a brush?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2013, 09:11:07 PM »
Also, did anyone notice they come with a barette OR a brush, not both? I haven't been paying much attention to accessories for the last few waves but... is this normal? How are you supposed to brush these 'brushable' ponies' hair if they don't come with a brush?
Yeah I noticed that with the Masked wave
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2013, 11:18:51 PM »
You guys realize that if you stop buying these variations for your armies, and such, then the sales will go down and they will have to release different ponies, I refuse to buy any brushable or fs or rereleased ponies, especially mane 6.

Unfortunately we are not the largest percentage of buyers by a long shot. Their main audience is still little kids and as long as there are new little kids discovering the show who want the mane 6, they will continue to sell well enough that they can just pump out the same characters.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:23:16 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2013, 12:28:10 AM »
I have heard the tinsel is unlike any kind of tinsel used before and more like metallic thread than tinsel. Can anyone who has one of the loose ones confirm this?

I have Rarity, yeah the tinsel is absolutely horrid! Its got a really rough touch to it, terrible idea since its not so 'brushable' either. It looks crimped and is about half an inch shorter than the nylon hair. I tried to play with her hair, ugh it just ended up turning into a mess! :(

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2013, 05:20:26 AM »
I have heard the tinsel is unlike any kind of tinsel used before and more like metallic thread than tinsel. Can anyone who has one of the loose ones confirm this?

I have Rarity, yeah the tinsel is absolutely horrid! Its got a really rough touch to it, terrible idea since its not so 'brushable' either. It looks crimped and is about half an inch shorter than the nylon hair. I tried to play with her hair, ugh it just ended up turning into a mess! :(
Is the tinsel in sections or are the sections mixed with hair?

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2013, 05:21:11 AM »
The hair is in sections, not mixed in with hair

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2013, 05:56:35 AM »
Ah so that means if someone got them and detinseled they would have to rehair those sections... Good job hasbroken

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2013, 07:20:48 AM »
I don't mind this set.  I'm not going to be buying them, but honestly, with the new collector set and the set with Minty, plus blind bags, plus plushies, plus trading cards...I already want more than I can afford. 

Frankly, it's fine with me if Hasbro keeps reissuing the mane six - they clearly sell to the little ones - and releases the occasional new character or collector set for those of us who don't want doubles of the main six. 

I would like to see, at some point, brushables of characters like BonBon/Sweetie Drops, Spitfire, Soarin', Bic MacIntosh and Octavia, and I would rather see those than these, but my wallet tells me to give it time :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2013, 07:43:19 AM »
One one hand, I think they're pretty. On the other, oh GODS please give us some new characters!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »
Most places here still have the CE brushables (not the masked ones) so I'm thinking most people aren't interested in tinsel ponies anyway, or already have the mane six. Hopefully these'll be different enough to children that stores might be able to shift them? How many different versions of the mane 6 do Hasbro think they'll want/need? =/ Re-release some of the background ponies, Hasbro! *shakes fist*

I thought the Rarity with the different-coloured mane was really pretty but this new tinsel stuff just looks ugly :( Such a shame. If it were the mane 6 with "clown" manes I'd be all over that....
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Noepse

« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »
I think they are kinda cute! Oh and more Rarity for my army. ♥

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
Not more main six! Even so, I don't have Fluttershy, but I should stick to collecting G1's, G2's, and G3's.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »
Ah so that means if someone got them and detinseled they would have to rehair those sections... Good job hasbroken

I don't think it is Hasbros responsibility to give us ponies we can detinsel without the need for rehairing sections.  ;) 

Am I the only one who loves this new rough thread like tinsel?  I think it is really unique and fun looking.  I hunted down the first tinsel ponies that came out because I loved the look. 

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »

I don't think it is Hasbros responsibility to give us ponies we can detinsel without the need for rehairing sections.  ;) 

Am I the only one who loves this new rough thread like tinsel?  I think it is really unique and fun looking.  I hunted down the first tinsel ponies that came out because I loved the look. 
True but still how durable would that tinsel be in the long run XD I'm not a huge tinsel fan but I'm ok with it in small amounts. Tinsel is hard to style and I'm one who likes to curl and style most of my ponies' manes/tails and tinsel just doesn't settle well for me XD That's part of the main reason I would not get this wave (other than the fact I already HAVE the main 6 from the first wave)

Now I agree if the ponies had the clown color hair I would have gotten them but just kind of changed them to another pony without rehairing XD

As far as sets, I -do- want some of the brushables from the sets but I can't dish out $25 or more bucks for a set that has about 1 or 2 ponies I don't have and about 3 to 4 that I already do have when I'm only interested in the 1-2. I would go deeper into it but that is more like ranting than anything and I rather not go there :P

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2013, 06:41:49 PM »
Yeah, you're right about it not being easy to style or durable.  I wonder if it unravels. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal