collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone have a pic of Satin n Lace's ring? I think the one I bought is broken!  (Read 402 times)

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Hey all,

I just bought a really pretty Satin n Lace with all her accessories.  She looks totally fabulous except I think her ring might be broken.  It sort of looks like half a ring (doesn't go all the way around her leg)  but it looks exactly like the pic of the ring on Satin n Lace's "my little wiki" page, and I can't imagine them putting a broken ring in that pic. 

Can anyone help me figure out if her ring is broken?  I would appreciate the help!  <3
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
I do not believe any of the pony rings are closed...so that they can slip around the pony's leg.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
lol oh I know that none of them are completely closed, but this one looks like...well....half a ring.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Yes, the one on the Wiki page is broken.  The picture was intended to be a place holder until someone with an unbroken one donated a new pic.  The ring should be more like this one: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:PonyBrideRing.jpg only a bit different in color or the shape of the gem (I forget what the exact difference is).

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
Yes, the one on the Wiki page is broken.  The picture was intended to be a place holder until someone with an unbroken one donated a new pic.  The ring should be more like this one: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:PonyBrideRing.jpg only a bit different in color or the shape of the gem (I forget what the exact difference is).

Yep, I can confirm this!  I have a Satin n' Lace that I've had since I was a kid, and the ring listed is definitely broken and should look more like the Pony Bride one.  Unfortunately, I don't have a better picture to offer, as the ring I own was broken many years ago already (they are surprisingly fragile!) and I can't seem to find the broken ring to share at the moment.

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Aw, then the one I have is definitely broken  :cry:

If anyone knows where I could get a non-broken one or her garter (the only accessory I don't have) please let me know.  Disappointed.  Bleh. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
They are surprisingly easy to break unfortunately, I think I have come across as many in nice condition as in questionable over the years. Good luck tracking down a new one :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
There were a few different bridal rings released in the G1 line, and they all have key differences. 

The "Satin N Lace" and "Something Old Something New rings"  have bands that go nearly all the way around. They also have gemstones that bulge up and out of the ring setting.   UK Confetti also seems to be like these, although I've had less of them to compare them to. 

The Secret Surprise pony rings and the Bridal Beauty/Pony Bride rings  have bands that only go about halfway around, they're more open.  These are later releases, and I think Hasbro got smart since you can't easily fit the old wedding rings on their legs without the bands breaking. These "half rings" pop on and off much easier.   The Secret Surprise rings also have the bulging gemstone, but the Pony Bride / Bridal Beauty stones only extend from the setting a little bit, and it comes to a center point.  The gems have reflective facets inside the settng so they sparkle a lot more.   One of the Secret Surprise ponies' rings is silver with a pink gemstone :)

Here's a not-so-great comparison picture I took at one point. I had a lot of extra stuff in my collection, so I had a few rings to compare. Sorry for the poor quality!

Satin N Lace's ring mint-in-package:

An easy way to tell if it's broken is look at the ends. If they're rough and unpainted, it's probably broken. If they're molded smooth around the end and fully painted, it's unbroken. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:15:34 AM by ashlyne »

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
Wow Ashlyne, that's a really helpful chart!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Wow Ashlyne, that's a really helpful chart!

Thanks :) I need to make a new one that's a better quality to show the gemstones, but it works to compare the ring bands anyway.  Just don't get started about wedding dress lace trims!!  :P

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Wow, thanks so much!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
ashlyne you are the most organised woman! I love that chart!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal