collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: It's starts...the end of a dynasty: A few questions for the community...  (Read 771 times)

Offline princesswingsong

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://marie-ralston.blogspot.com
I am starting the rehoming of my collection. I have enjoyed ponies since I first started picking them up in the 90s. The time has come for me to clean them up and start selling all of them so they can help pay for my grad school ( a bittersweet time). So here are a couple of questions for the community.

1- should I try to group play sets together for g3s? ( I have tons of play sets, they are merely not listed).

2- what is the easiest and most profitable way of rehoming my collection?

3- accessories seem to be big right now and I have a ton of g3 and some g2, how is the best to sell these?

4- is there a market for McDonald's ponies?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer my questions :).

If anyone sees a pony they want from the pictures, pm me :). There will be a few I am keeping in the pictures but most are going to be sold :).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Sourdough for my Wing Song Adoptable and to Emiko\'s Pony Maker for my avi!

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
i personally would offer them here on the arena for fixed prices and sell the rest on ebay. no idea of g3 or g2s sorry but complete playsets are always a good thing for my opinion :)
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
G3's don't seem to be worth  much unless you have ones like caribbean delight, rosey posey, ect.

To me, ebay is easiest..trying to sell stuff on forums was always a pain in the ass IMO..because people say they want something, you wait for them and never hear from them again or you get several people wanting the same item at once. With ebay, they can battle it out. The downside is - both ebay and paypal will take a cut of the profits...which usually isnt much unless you have higher priced items. When I sold a bunch of nirvanas a while back - ebay took about $200 out of my $600  >_<

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Shlugh

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I am right off ebay and would suggest selling here!

I sold several items in June, and JUST got the outcomes from Ebay on two item not received claims by buyers, during which time they froze my £90 in the Paypal account. Both were found in my favour as the items were sent insured and tracked but what a hassle.

They also refuse to move the negs from the 2 buyers, and I got 2 more negs from idiots who felt the cost of international signed for was to expensive. I only charged the actual costs.

So after UK ponycon, I will be listing what's left of my collection here.  :biggrin:

S xx

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Oh I am sorry you have decided to sell your collection but at least you know they will be going to appreciative pony homes :) Sometimes its just time :hug:

1) Yes I would try and have playsets as complete as possible for G3. G3 playsets, due to shipping, tend to be hard to sell so your best bet is to ensure they are as complete as possible in order to attract interest and make it worth a buyers money to pay for shipping.

2) Ebay or the Arena. On the Arena you save on fees but you will probably find that things take longer to sell. You can set the price so you dont really loose out on what you want to make financially on the Arena but you do often have to deal with a lot of questions. However on the plus side you dont have to deal with the general nonsense and lack of support ebay is currently displaying for its sellers. Its going to have to be your call on what you prefer. Personally I would put them all on here first and those which I dont get questions on or sell after a couple of weeks, I would then transfer to ebay.

3) G3 accessories are not super popular not to the same extend as G1 and perhaps G2 to a smaller extent. Personally I think you are best to sell them with the pony they came with but if not try and sell them in the sets they were releasded in. For G3 prepare to perhaps have to offer them in lots - "buy 10 for $10" kind of thing.

4) There are always people willing to buy ponies but McDonald's ponies can be a hard sell.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline princesswingsong

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://marie-ralston.blogspot.com
Thanks everyone for the input. Sounds like it would be a good idea to start on here then :). I would much rather they go to collectors who want them versus someone who may be wanting to buy and then resell on ebay to cash in on their current popularity :). Now down to the listing and pricing them :).

Thanks Sourdough for my Wing Song Adoptable and to Emiko\'s Pony Maker for my avi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal