collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I want to leave bad feedback for EnterPlay.com :P  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
I want to leave bad feedback for EnterPlay.com :P
« on: August 19, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
I have had nothing but frustration from this website!  :mad:

For those of you who don't know, Enter-Play is the company that makes the official licensed MLP Trading Cards for the FiM cartoon. They routinely have special cards you can only get at certain events, like pony fairs, conventions, etc. But occasionally they will put these special cards up on their website for a limited time.

On July 19 they put up a special card on their website that was only handed out at SDCC, so I was very happy to put in an order for that card. The site clearly said one card per person, but I accidentally hit refresh when my browser was acting up and it put 2 of the cards on my cart without my noticing until after the order had gone through.

Frantically worried, because these cards are often offered for such a limited time, I contacted their customer service through email and asked if they could fix the order. I apologized but said I didn't want the order cancelled, because I didn't want to miss out on the special. I got an email back from someone named Sara, assuring me that she would fix the mistake and wouldn't cancel my order.

The next morning, on July 20, I looked at my email to find my order had been cancelled and my money refunded!  >_< I was so mad! I contacted them with the following email:

Please attend to the attached emails. I contacted customer service yesterday and was assured by Sara that my order would NOT be canceled even though there was an accidental double order of an item. This morning I woke up to find my order was canceled anyway and I was refunded the full amount. I am very frustrated right now, and disappointed with your customer service. I understand it was my fault for the accidental double order in the first place, but when your company tells a customer that they will take care of an issue, it should be followed up on and carried through.

I will place a new order now that my original order (invoice number 0000008453) has been canceled and the money has been refunded. I will make sure to only order one this time so there is no problems.

Please take better care of these issues in the future. If you tell a customer something will be taken care of, it should be. If the item had gone out of stock overnight and I missed the opportunity to order, it would have been a very upsetting situation. I hope I can trust your company in the future.

Yeah, it was a little bit snippy, but I was upset because I had been specifically told the issue would be taken care of. And I'm used to companies I deal with having better customer service than that....

Well I got an email back from them, and did they even apologize to me? NO.  :mad:

Sara was unaware, but we are not modifying any orders or giving partial refunds.  That takes too long and we can't afford to do that during our special sales.  All orders with multiple orders of special items will be canceled in their entirety, as will any orders where people go back in system and reorder and reorder.  The item is still available.  You can go back in and enter order with single special item.

So I was upset, but that day I went back into the store and ordered the card. That was July 20. My Paypal account was charged on that day. It is now August 19 and I have not received any package from them.  :(

This is the most horrible experience I have had from a licensed company. They have contradicted themselves, made no effort to apologize to an upset customer, and have taken a month without shipping out my order.

I've read in several other threads that people have spoken to EnterPlay representatives at recent conventions and the reps have said they've been "really busy" lately, but this is no excuse. When someone places an order with a reputable company, they shouldn't be able to just take our money and sit on our order for a month.  -_-

I've sent their customer service a message. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:32:18 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: I want to leave bad feedback for EnterPlay.com :P
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 03:01:08 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you have had such a crappy time with their customer service  :(

I personally don't collect the cards so I have never dealt with them before. But thanks for the head's up just in case I ever do, I know what to expect.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 07:13:40 AM »
I can understand their point on the first part.  They don't have time to deal with dupe orders on items that are one per person. So they have made it a rule that all dupes are cancelled outright, no exceptions. Sara made a mistake. Goodness knows where she got her information, and whether she's been informed that she was wrong...

HOWEVER, sitting on the new order for a month with absolutely no communication, is pretty bad.  Granted, they've probably been overloaded with orders since SDCC, and may be running short of that particular card, and just waiting for them to come back from the printers.  If you're worried about your 45 day window, you could always put in a claim, and then try to buy it off of Ebay.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:16:48 AM »
Since it's a reputable company that has been in business for quite some time and is in many retail stores, I'm not too worried about my 45-day window through Paypal. (Also I wouldn't want to pay the $100+ dollars the card is probably going for on ebay!) Also, I want to stress that I'm not upset that they have a policy to cancel doubled orders, that part I understand. But I am upset that they told me they would deal with it and then didn't, and then didn't even apologize to me for the mistake. Most companies would offer some sort of apology or a coupon or something for a mistake like this. I've had to contact them no less than three times about this order now.

I sent the following email last night:

Hello, can I please inquire as to the status of my order? Invoice# 0000008970

This order was placed on July 20, 2013, and my Paypal was charged at that time. I have not received my order yet, and it's been almost a month.

Thank you for your time.

This is the email I got back from them this morning :

When you ordered, it said on our website that it may take weeks to ship. We had nearly 1,000 orders in response to this sale and are filling them as quickly as possible. Please be patient.

Again, no apology for the wait, and they seem to imply with the first sentence that I should know better than to ask for an update on an order that hasn't shipped in four weeks, because it said 'may take weeks to ship' on the item... Well, at least they said 'please' at one point!

Yeah, not going to bother ordering from Enter-Play website again.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:33:42 AM by Dragonflitter »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:29:47 AM »
I don't think their policies are wrong, but their attitude is - I feel like their last reply to you was not handled very well. I work in a place where things often get backed up due to busy times of the year, and I get a lot of people calling to ask about the status of things (and we have a similar message offering an estimated wait/processing time on our website.) It can get frustrating with a lot of people asking for updates when I'm already swamped, but I always remain polite about it.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 03:30:07 PM »
Wow, their customer support leaves a lot to be desired :S:S

Yes, shame on you for wanting your item in stead of looking at your crystal ball to see how overwhelmed they were with orders, I mean seriously!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 03:45:06 PM »
I did just notice this on their facebook page from August 13th.

Enterplay LLC
August 13
DJ POSTERS....PATIENCE PLEASE!! We are a little swamped processing orders, thanks for being patient with us while we roll 'em up!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
Haha well at least they're posting some sort of update somewhere! Though not all of us use/check Facebook regularly.

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »
Haha well at least they're posting some sort of update somewhere! Though not all of us use/check Facebook regularly.

I have Enterplay subscribed to on facebook so I get all of their messages, but I forgot this one. Haha.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 01:18:27 PM »
*sigh*  I hate when this happens with major corporations because I add them to the Bad Trader List, but people still buy from them, and the problems continue.  :(  But thanks for letting us know!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Ghost

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »
The same day they announced the sale they also said that if they had to go into the system to cancel an order they would have to cancel all that persons orders. Sadly, it seems that Sara had not been told that before they responded to you.  They definitely could have been nicer, but I think this sale has seriously overloaded them and disrupted their regular attitude for dealing with people.

My experience with Enterplay has been great other than the glitch with their email program.  Though it might take awhile they have always delivered on their orders.  During the last flash sale I ended up placing a combined order with some packs before realizing shipping didn't combine with promos.  During the hectic mailing process my card got sent out which changed the order to shipped before the packs got sent.  After waiting to make sure it wasn't a slow package and the promo chaos was wrapping up I contacted them about it.  My order arrived soon after with extra packs added to make up for the issue. 

As for the wait it seems to come from a number of factors: A large number of orders, a lack of shipping supplies based on the latest update, and from what I remember from the last sale it was mentioned only a handful of people at most deal with the orders.  I honestly expected the sale to end early from too many orders and knew things would take a long time to sort through when it didn't.

I am sorry that you've had a negative experience with them during this, but I think they're doing their best to get everyone their orders as fast as they can and that those orders will be fulfilled in the end. 

Assorted information from them on Facebook in addition to the one already posted:
Day sale started:
PLEASE order only one per person. If we need to manage going through system for people that ordered multiples, we will have to cancel all of that persons orders and will be forced to avoid doing these sales going forward.

July 30 on original notification:
Just an FYI: It's taking a long time. We are getting through them, but there are thousands of related emails and lots of orders... Please be patient.

August 19 in response to someone asking and the above already quoted by somone:
Now, add the fact that we have been waiting for boxes ("tubes") from USPS, and only informed us Friday that they don't have any.

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »
The same day they announced the sale they also said that if they had to go into the system to cancel an order they would have to cancel all that persons orders. Sadly, it seems that Sara had not been told that before they responded to you.  They definitely could have been nicer, but I think this sale has seriously overloaded them and disrupted their regular attitude for dealing with people.

My experience with Enterplay has been great other than the glitch with their email program.  Though it might take awhile they have always delivered on their orders.  During the last flash sale I ended up placing a combined order with some packs before realizing shipping didn't combine with promos.  During the hectic mailing process my card got sent out which changed the order to shipped before the packs got sent.  After waiting to make sure it wasn't a slow package and the promo chaos was wrapping up I contacted them about it.  My order arrived soon after with extra packs added to make up for the issue. 

As for the wait it seems to come from a number of factors: A large number of orders, a lack of shipping supplies based on the latest update, and from what I remember from the last sale it was mentioned only a handful of people at most deal with the orders.  I honestly expected the sale to end early from too many orders and knew things would take a long time to sort through when it didn't.

I am sorry that you've had a negative experience with them during this, but I think they're doing their best to get everyone their orders as fast as they can and that those orders will be fulfilled in the end. 

Assorted information from them on Facebook in addition to the one already posted:
Day sale started:
PLEASE order only one per person. If we need to manage going through system for people that ordered multiples, we will have to cancel all of that persons orders and will be forced to avoid doing these sales going forward.

July 30 on original notification:
Just an FYI: It's taking a long time. We are getting through them, but there are thousands of related emails and lots of orders... Please be patient.

August 19 in response to someone asking and the above already quoted by somone:
Now, add the fact that we have been waiting for boxes ("tubes") from USPS, and only informed us Friday that they don't have any.

I have to add onto this that I don't exactly know how many people work for Enterplay, but I believe it's not many? They always have the same people at every convention, or they give their items to another company to sell at them. But every con I've been to has had the same family working there, and it seems to be a family run business, so I wonder if maybe they just don't have many employees? The fact that they said only one person was going through all of the orders during the big flash sale fiasco points to that as well.

Ghost

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
If a business information site is to be believed it looks like a total of 7 people work for Enterplay.  I don't know if that only covers a certain type of employee or if it is out of date, but that was what came up.

Offline melipuffles

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 03:21:55 PM »
If a business information site is to be believed it looks like a total of 7 people work for Enterplay.  I don't know if that only covers a certain type of employee or if it is out of date, but that was what came up.

It would make sense, that's about the amount of people I've seen at the cons as well, give or take a few, and I'm sure one of them is running the FB page as well.

They seem to have other people sell their stuff as well, from what I've noticed on their facebook and some conventions, they get another company to sell the items at their booth. At the consI've been to, it's usually one man (I believe the company owner), his wife, and his older children. They're very friendly and helpful people! When I went to Bronycon in Baltimore, my mom pointed out "Hey, that guy is the same guy that was at Big Apple Ponycon!"

Ghost

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 03:51:36 PM »
Well, here's some more relevant news just posted about the shipping materials. Ironically, they've been patiently waiting for their shipping materials to be shipped to them so they can continue shipping orders. 

"DJ Pon-3 Posters still not shipped. Sorry everybody for the delays in getting these out. The USPS had promised us for 4 weeks now that they were expediting the boxes, but they never arrived. They told us Friday they don't actually have the boxes and have no idea when they will be back in stock. Crazy - we could have never sen that coming. But we have purchased additional boxes elsewhere and have started packing out and posters will start shipping again tomorrow. It will take us a couple days to ship all the orders. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay!!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal