collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Applejack and Big Mac preorders!)  (Read 81056 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Next two ponies leaked!)
« Reply #525 on: December 13, 2013, 07:23:34 AM »
I read that someone had spotted the listing this morning over on the Funko forum :) Very cool and a nice catch! Cant wait to see what the look like.

I would be careful on that site with information, if someone at Funko is handing out information you could get them into serious trouble. Funko run that forum, admin it and monitor it. They probably won't be too happy about any kind of leaks. ;) You dont want anyone getting in to bother! :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #526 on: December 13, 2013, 07:52:22 AM »
@TwilightPink She is coming out this year don't worry. :)

@Tulips Lucky duck your in Australia!

@hathorcat I thought about that as well, but not much they can do now it's been leaked by that website, I was finally releaved being able to talk about it :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:11 AM »
I just want to clear up something about the funko boards. The president of funko and members of the funko staff are members and are contributors of the funko board but they do not operate it, moderate it or own it.

The person who owns it is a long time fan of funko (before the current owner and president ran the company). This individual owns it and the moderators are funko fans. No one who works at funko moderates the board or owns it.

It is more official than the arena because the owner of funko has designated that the funko board is the official board but the people that are there are collectors and fans. They are protective of funko but are not employees by funko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 13, 2013, 08:10:38 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up Kitzka :) Sorry I know most of the participants are all fans, although I did think it was a Funko managed board. I just meant that it does have a bit of a fortunate and rarefied position by being linked to Funko which a lot of boards dont, so they may spot things which dont really matter on non monitored boards :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline Kitzka

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 13, 2013, 08:52:03 AM »
Hathorcat- oh I totally agree and most "official" boards are monitored by the companies they represent. I just wanted to let folks know that on the funko board it's not so much of 'big brother' as some other official boards might be.

A lot of the fans scour websites to get info on what's coming. We are fortunate over there that the president and staffers are active and will give us hints.

There are folks over there who have toured the offices/warehouses and while there the folks that work there Often spill the beans on upcoming projects, properties etc.

So some fans know some things that others don't. Some have been sworn to secrecy. Most are good and so not spill any beans. This is all to say I don't know if aqua neon's friend would get in trouble. I think aqua neon has been really good about not spilling anything.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #530 on: December 13, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »
Right, like I didn't say anything until others said they saw them both as legit preorders, then I knew it didn't matter to share at that point, I was either waiting for something like that, an official announce, or a prototype photo.

For Sale Wants

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 13, 2013, 09:05:32 AM »
Finally, ponies I like and not any BG ponies. I wonder if Twilight will be a unicorn or alicorn, I guess only time will tell.

Edit: They better not be Pops...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:07:19 AM by Starly »
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Fricknmaniac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 13, 2013, 10:04:03 AM »
Maybe I missed it, but have they said if it's going to be Twilight Sparkle or Princess Twilight Sparkle?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 13, 2013, 10:12:19 AM »
Hathorcat- oh I totally agree and most "official" boards are monitored by the companies they represent. I just wanted to let folks know that on the funko board it's not so much of 'big brother' as some other official boards might be.

A lot of the fans scour websites to get info on what's coming. We are fortunate over there that the president and staffers are active and will give us hints.

There are folks over there who have toured the offices/warehouses and while there the folks that work there Often spill the beans on upcoming projects, properties etc.

So some fans know some things that others don't. Some have been sworn to secrecy. Most are good and so not spill any beans. This is all to say I don't know if aqua neon's friend would get in trouble. I think aqua neon has been really good about not spilling anything.

That's awesome to know :) When we are given anything pre launch we are sworn to secrecy on it no matter what it is, no matter the company and no matter the brand we are working for...its good to see that other companies are more in touch with their fans and customers. And also that someone wont get in trouble for giving people private corporate information.
Loa is my love god!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #534 on: December 13, 2013, 10:18:31 AM »
Finally, ponies I like and not any BG ponies. I wonder if Twilight will be a unicorn or alicorn, I guess only time will tell.

Edit: They better not be Pops...
  It would be Alicorn Twily :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #535 on: December 13, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »
I always thought Twilight and Trixie should be released together. That's a bummer that they're not allowed to make a unicorn Twilight. I would've preferred her that way. I guess I'll decide once I see the finished product if I'll still get her.

Trixie should be cool. I usually prefer ponies without clothes, since it looks more natural to me (perhaps related to my opinion on dressing dogs up in dresses, lol), but in this rare case I don't think I'd mind her in her hat and cape. And I do think that's probably how she'll be released. I suppose I don't really care either way, this time.

Right now my guess for the next release would be Applejack and Big Mac, since they already said those two would be released together. Or Celestia and Luna, but I'm not sure those count as a regular release since they're gonna be larger and cost more.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #536 on: December 13, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »
i wonder who is going to be paired up with Rarity :)??

Sweetie Belle???

that would be awesome ,then Scotaloo and Apple Bloom
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline SaelaVe

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 13, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »
Just wanted to say how much I LOVE this thread! I'm trying to read every page (only up to page 10, lol) so that I can catch up on all of the FunKo Vinyl news and rumors. ^_^  These are my absolute favorite G4s and I am so excited to get my grubby little hands on even more of them! hehhehheh

Thank you so much for putting this together, Aquatic Neon!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:54:13 PM by Sweetcakes »
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #538 on: December 14, 2013, 01:42:58 AM »
I always thought Twilight and Trixie should be released together. That's a bummer that they're not allowed to make a unicorn Twilight. I would've preferred her that way. I guess I'll decide once I see the finished product if I'll still get her.

Trixie should be cool. I usually prefer ponies without clothes, since it looks more natural to me (perhaps related to my opinion on dressing dogs up in dresses, lol), but in this rare case I don't think I'd mind her in her hat and cape. And I do think that's probably how she'll be released. I suppose I don't really care either way, this time.

Right now my guess for the next release would be Applejack and Big Mac, since they already said those two would be released together. Or Celestia and Luna, but I'm not sure those count as a regular release since they're gonna be larger and cost more.

Well this isn't exactly huge news, but Applejack and Rarity are coming out this year which I'm not sure if everyone knew that or just figured that. My best guess is Aj and Big Mac are next as well, I hope I need a Big Mac..... As for the Princesses not sure how they plan on doing those releases my best guess is we will get one of them at SDCC. Aj and Rarity are always last to be released for everything lol, was kinda hoping Twilight would be last to mix it up but oh wells, it's all good.

Post Merge: December 14, 2013, 01:44:55 AM

Just wanted to say how much I LOVE this thread! I'm trying to read every page (only up to page 10, lol) so that I can catch up on all of the FunKo Vinyl news and rumors. ^_^  These are my absolute favorite G4s and I am so excited to get my grubby little hands on even more of them! hehhehheh

Thank you so much for putting this together, Aquatic Neon!

Yay so happy you like it, I really enjoy this thread too keeps everything kinda in one place! They are my favorite as well I love them so much, I seriously cannot wait for more...

Post Merge: December 14, 2013, 01:51:14 AM

i wonder who is going to be paired up with Rarity :)??

Sweetie Belle???

that would be awesome ,then Scotaloo and Apple Bloom

I don't think so I haven't heard anything really yet about filly sized funkos, I'm sure we will get them eventually, but for now I can't see them pairing a smaller figure with a regular sized, or a large with a regular, etc. I honestly have no idea how they plan on doing the other size releases, or prices on them.

For Hot Topics prices
$16.50 per pony
$7.50 for a mini

Here are my guesses..
so I think filly sized will be $10-$12.50
Large or Princess size will be $30-$32.50
And if they make minis of different sizes I have no idea..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:08:28 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Dashy77

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 14, 2013, 02:21:11 AM »
This thread will be even better once it gets closer to the release date of these two great & powerful magicians. lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal