collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Applejack and Big Mac preorders!)  (Read 82358 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Twilight and Trixie Shipped!)
« Reply #1230 on: March 06, 2014, 09:12:06 AM »
Midnight i know but both of them are amazing!

I got my pre-order last night - just normal Trixie and Twilight, but I think they did a really good job on them! I like Trixie more in person than I did in the online pics ^^;

Yea they really did I can really tell they have really upped the quality control this wave compared to the last two, out of all of the ones I ordered almost everyone had very nice paint jobs, just little minor flaws on a few nothing major I could tell.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1231 on: March 06, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »

I truly wish I didn't like the glitters. I think the prices are way too high :(.

They're high because people pay the prices for them. Those are usually older collectors with stable income who do not want to hunt on their own, so they pay the hiked up prices. It's not wrong per se, but it does make something difficult that shouldn't be.

I'm only 21, I wouldn't say I'm old! Anyways guys 1/24 is only a 4.17% chance so the hiked up prices make complete sense to me I have had to buy several of my glitters online for more than retail, the chase variants are hard to find and more rare, and usually require a lot of effort or luck to obtain. I don't like when I see people say things like "I won't pay a markup price, since you only paid retail price" which may be true, but I don't think they understand that a lot of time and luck go into finding these, I have no problem paying more for one, if I don't find it myself.

Ps. I only have two glitter Twilights left is anyone wants them! That didn't last long..

I don't think I ever mentioned anyone by name :) I'm speaking generally- all I know is that I'm 25 and there's no way I could afford to buy that many ponies!

Also, if people don't want to pay high prices, that isn't something for you to like or dislike, it's a perfectly reasonable stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I know I was just saying in general, and I have just seen comments on here or other places like that where people think glitters should be sold at retail second hand which is ridiculous due to the 4% chance.

Well, because they are sold at retail! They are technically meant to be retail price. However you or anyone chooses to resell them is fine, but also, no one is obliged to agree :) if you can afford your glitters, that's awesome! I just know that for me it just doesn't add up after all my personal expenses and medical school app fees lol- but that is entirely my doing!

Let's get back to the ponies, please! I noticed some people want just unicorn twilight- has anyone who has a pony already looked into how feasible that is? Do her wings come out easily? And what would you do about the gaping holes?? I'm just asking for those who were thinking about it, because it doesn't sound like it's going to end pretty.

Personally it just irks me a bit that her cutie mark was clearly stamped after her wings were put on. Oh well, when I see her today I might fall in love with her anyway!

I have an extra regular twilight I'm getting on Saturday (from a friend) and I'm going to try removing her wings. I'll let you guys know how it goes. :)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 06, 2014, 09:53:42 AM »
Ooh, daring AJ! I'm really nervous-excited for you hahaha

Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1233 on: March 06, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »
Ooh, daring AJ! I'm really nervous-excited for you hahaha

I was thinking of trying the same with my extra I think I'll wait to see how it goes for someone before me haha

For Sale Wants

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 06, 2014, 11:07:37 AM »
I would love to get all the glitter ones, but paying $60-100 (or more) apiece makes it impossible. As nice as they look, they are not worth that, even if they are just 1 in 24. I do have the RD and Bubble Butt, since they were so easy (and cheap) to get.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 06, 2014, 11:11:45 AM »
EDIT: Speaking of the glitters... does anyone have nice pictures of the octavia glitter unboxed? I'm curious how she looks. I actually really like her grey/purple color scheme, but not sure if I'm completely sold on her yet.

Were you still looking for an unboxed pic of her? I have just this one right now

I like her. The gold glitter is pretty cool.

Here are my Trixie & Twilight :)

I'll need to get the glitters. No luck at my local stores...
I think I'll wait and hope for them to go down on ebay. I've been able to get my other glitter chases for between $35-55. The $70-80 they are all listed for right now is just a bit much imo.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »
I got my ponies yesterday but I goofed up.  I read Twilight sparkle as twilight and she will be sparkly.  I felt so embarrassed when I called to double check.  Now that I know my mistake I love both of my ponies and am looking for a place to put them once I have a chance to get near the shelf.

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 06, 2014, 11:26:28 AM »
I think all ponies are worth what someone is willing to pay basically. I should have said the general price for the glitters is too much for me, that doesn't really mean others have to agree or anything. Or that it is completely unreasonable. I would never expect to buy them for retail price. I have RD and Bubble butt as well, but none of the others as glitters. With the others I don't mind so much.

I managed to buy a Twilight for a price I can manage :yippee:. We shall see if I ever find a Trixie I can afford. Anyway, can someone post some nice pics of their Twilight and Trixie? Or any of your other glitter ponies :). I may have imagined things, but I'm sure I saw a pic of a Twilight were it looked like she had eyelashes growing out of her eyeballs??

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1238 on: March 06, 2014, 11:37:44 AM »
Looking good 3377345, glad to hear you finally got them! Now we are just waiting on Houston to get them I think, everyone else got your online orders right??

For Sale Wants

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Twilight and Trixie now available)
« Reply #1239 on: March 06, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
Got my single Twilight today! She is the normal variant, but I'm happy to see she is 100% error free! And her lashes are not growing out of her eyeballs. I am smitten, she is SO cute and much prettier than I thought she would be <3

Ooh, I didn't even think about glitter Octavia before- now I sort of want her! I hadn't seen her out of package before ^^ But Lyra is still #1 on my list for glitters.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #1240 on: March 06, 2014, 11:59:23 AM »
Looking good 3377345, glad to hear you finally got them! Now we are just waiting on Houston to get them I think, everyone else got your online orders right??
  They just arrived :)   PONY LUCK  smiled at me , got some glitters  :)

:) so glad since I was not feeling up to the hunt for them or pay the ebay prices :)

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1241 on: March 06, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »

:) so glad since I was not feeling up to the hunt for them or pay the ebay prices :)

Whooo nice work! "Some Glitters??" Pictures pictures pictures please!

For Sale Wants

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #1242 on: March 06, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »

Got a total of 3 pairs of Glitters :)

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,345936.345.html#lastPost
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1243 on: March 06, 2014, 12:54:38 PM »

Got a total of 3 pairs of Glitters :)

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,345936.345.html#lastPost

Woah six glitters?? You beat me then I got 5 from online orders!

For Sale Wants

AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Twilight and Trixie now available)
« Reply #1244 on: March 06, 2014, 01:04:59 PM »
EDIT: Speaking of the glitters... does anyone have nice pictures of the octavia glitter unboxed? I'm curious how she looks. I actually really like her grey/purple color scheme, but not sure if I'm completely sold on her yet.

Were you still looking for an unboxed pic of her? I have just this one right now

I like her. The gold glitter is pretty cool.

Here are my Trixie & Twilight :)

I'll need to get the glitters. No luck at my local stores...
I think I'll wait and hope for them to go down on ebay. I've been able to get my other glitter chases for between $35-55. The $70-80 they are all listed for right now is just a bit much imo.
Hm... I think I might need to see if I can find an Octavia glitter now. I wonder if the glitters will be at tru like pinkie and Lyra.. :x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal