collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Applejack and Big Mac preorders!)  (Read 82418 times)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Twilight and Trixie Shipped!)
« Reply #1215 on: March 06, 2014, 01:35:02 AM »
I truly wish I didn't like the glitters. I think the prices are way too high :(.

They're high because people pay the prices for them. Those are usually older collectors with stable income who do not want to hunt on their own, so they pay the hiked up prices. It's not wrong per se, but it does make something difficult that shouldn't be.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 06, 2014, 01:55:11 AM »
I would totally love to hunt. I love buying in shops instead of just online. Unfortunately I have to buy most of my ponies abroad. And for regular brushables and stuff, well ponies at normal prices and all, it turns out cheaper than buying them here in Norway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 06, 2014, 04:59:33 AM »
I tried going to  my local hot topic last night and they're closed for remodeling...

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1218 on: March 06, 2014, 08:08:06 AM »
I truly wish I didn't like the glitters. I think the prices are way too high :(.

They're high because people pay the prices for them. Those are usually older collectors with stable income who do not want to hunt on their own, so they pay the hiked up prices. It's not wrong per se, but it does make something difficult that shouldn't be.

I'm only 21, I wouldn't say I'm old! Anyways guys 1/24 is only a 4.17% chance so the hiked up prices make complete sense to me I have had to buy several of my glitters online for more than retail, the chase variants are hard to find and more rare, and usually require a lot of effort or luck to obtain. I don't like when I see people say things like "I won't pay a markup price, since you only paid retail price" which may be true, but I don't think they understand that a lot of time and luck go into finding these, I have no problem paying more for one, if I don't find it myself.

Ps. I only have two glitter Twilights left is anyone wants them! That didn't last long..

For Sale Wants

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 06, 2014, 08:46:54 AM »
If we all paid ourselves minimum wage for the time we take hunting, $70 would be a bargain :)

That said, I'm on my way to TRU hoping to find a glitter Pinkie ^_^

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1220 on: March 06, 2014, 08:52:31 AM »

I'm only 21, I wouldn't say I'm old! Anyways guys 1/24 is only a 4.17% chance so the hiked up prices make complete sense to me I have had to buy several of my glitters online for more than retail, the chase variants are hard to find and more rare, and usually require a lot of effort or luck to obtain. I don't like when I see people say things like "I won't pay a markup price, since you only paid retail price" which may be true, but I don't think they understand that a lot of time and luck go into finding these, I have no problem paying more for one, if I don't find it myself.

Ps. I only have two glitter Twilights left is anyone wants them! That didn't last long..

I cant say im old either and I have almost all the glitters! Some I did pay an arm for though lol Im only 22 and I work overnights at Walmart xD I live on my own and have bills just like everyone else yet still have just enough saved after paychecks to buy a few toys. I still feel like a kid to be honest! I hope I can get a part time job for the mornings so I collect more dolls/ponies.

Aquatic Neon I am interested!! I may not be able to buy but definitly interested!

So after work today I passed out on the couch LOL and I woke up to find my husband got the mail! We got just the normal versions of Trixie and Twilight but thats ok.

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 06, 2014, 08:54:27 AM »

I don't think I ever mentioned anyone by name :) I'm speaking generally- all I know is that I'm 25 and there's no way I could afford to buy that many ponies!

Also, if people don't want to pay high prices, that isn't something for you to like or dislike, it's a perfectly reasonable stance.

That said I'm getting my pony today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[post merge ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:06:49 AM by hathorcat »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1222 on: March 06, 2014, 08:57:42 AM »

I don't think I ever mentioned anyone by name :) I'm speaking generally- all I know is that I'm 25 and there's no way I could afford to buy that many ponies!

Also, if people don't want to pay high prices, that isn't something for you to like or dislike, it's a perfectly reasonable stance.

Oh I know I was just saying in general, and I have just seen comments on here or other places like that where people think glitters should be sold at retail second hand which is ridiculous due to the 4% chance.

For Sale Wants

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 06, 2014, 08:59:30 AM »
OMG, I found a 2nd glitter Lyra!!!!!!!!

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Twilight and Trixie Shipped!)
« Reply #1224 on: March 06, 2014, 09:02:14 AM »

Oh I know I was just saying in general, and I have just seen comments on here or other places like that where people think glitters should be sold at retail second hand which is ridiculous due to the 4% chance.

Well, because they are sold at retail! They are technically meant to be retail price. However you or anyone chooses to resell them is fine, but also, no one is obliged to agree :) if you can afford your glitters, that's awesome! I just know that for me it just doesn't add up after all my personal expenses and medical school app fees lol- but that is entirely my doing!

Let's get back to the ponies, please! I noticed some people want just unicorn twilight- has anyone who has a pony already looked into how feasible that is? Do her wings come out easily? And what would you do about the gaping holes?? I'm just asking for those who were thinking about it, because it doesn't sound like it's going to end pretty.

Personally it just irks me a bit that her cutie mark was clearly stamped after her wings were put on. Oh well, when I see her today I might fall in love with her anyway!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:05:00 AM by MidnightMocha »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1225 on: March 06, 2014, 09:05:01 AM »

Personally it just irks me a bit that her cutie mark was clearly stamped after her wings were put on. Oh well, when I see her today I might fall in love with her anyway!

I was a little unsure of the Trixie glitter at first from the online photos but after having her in person she is by far one of my favorites she looks insanely awesome, thats the thing a lot of times until you have one in person you don't know how much you will love it, I also like the Twilight in person a lot more as well.

For Sale Wants

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 06, 2014, 09:05:46 AM »

I was a little unsure of the Trixie glitter at first from the online photos but after having her in person she is by far one of my favorites she looks insanely awesome, thats the thing a lot of times until you have one in person you don't know how much you will love it, I also like the Twilight in person a lot more as well.

That's definitely true- I didn't want a Trixie at all until I saw her in person at HT- then I bought her on the spot!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1227 on: March 06, 2014, 09:07:32 AM »

That's definitely true- I didn't want a Trixie at all until I saw her in person at HT- then I bought her on the spot!

See you know what I'm talking about haha! That hat those stars so gorgeous!!

For Sale Wants

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 06, 2014, 09:08:52 AM »

See you know what I'm talking about haha! That hat those stars so gorgeous!!

Oh by the way I'm talking about the normal Trixie- but yeah I still think she is a stunner

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 06, 2014, 09:09:17 AM »
I got my pre-order last night - just normal Trixie and Twilight, but I think they did a really good job on them! I like Trixie more in person than I did in the online pics ^^;
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal