collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay user ID's on arena?  (Read 485 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Ebay user ID's on arena?
« on: August 18, 2013, 06:56:37 PM »
Let me start by saying I'm not trying to start any issues on the arena, I love it here and I love all the new friends I've made.

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be nice for arena members to list their ebay user ID?

The only reason I've thought about this is...

1) If they are a seller, it would link you straight to their listings.

2) If they are a buyer who typically jumps the gun and openly admits to being a star dinger or someone who tends to leave neutral/negative feedback, sellers would have the option to block them before they can ever run into issues with said person.

Like I said, these are just thoughts, not meant to start arguments or cause upset in Ponyland. I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this, but it seemed like the best fit considered it's regarding ebay user ID's and this is the Trader/Support Forum.

What do you guys think?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay user ID's on arena?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »
People are already doing this on the Arena.  If they are comfortable with people knowing their ebay id, they will have a link to their name in the siggy.  Ebay ids are a private thing.  We have a bad trader list for difficult buyers and sellers here as well.  Those people are proven to have a long history of issues with pony collectors before their name is added to that list.  Its not always just one passing post about problems.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:00:33 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
My bad, I didn't realize that some people include them in their sig. I haven't done that, nor had I given it any thought. Perhaps this thread should be deleted because now I feel silly lol :blush:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay user ID\'s on arena?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »
Oh no don't feel that way.  No question or idea is silly in my opinion.

Post Merge: August 18, 2013, 08:02:33 PM

Oh and I think there is even a way to link ebay to a little icon thingy under your Gender...but I could be wrong.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »
I don't think it should be a requirement.  :D Generally speaking, I believe the number of severe problem causers is very small.  :) Sure we have picky collectors (but they know they are picky so they are good about asking questions), and we have way too many partial refunds in my opinion (half deserved/half I'd like to get it cheaper), but by and large I think people are great.

I think most of us have had some sort of buying/selling/trading problem in the course of our internet shopping lives. (But who wants to keep thinking about a situation that has been resolved) I think forcing users to list everything would be lead to people judging etsy/ebay feedback as part of our arena feedback.  No one wants one bad situation following them around forever.

But lots of peopel do link their ebay sales! And my username is the same as my arena name so it's not hard to find me. lol
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 08:26:21 PM »
Thank you Sarah and Tula.

I think I've just noticed an increase in other threads where member openly admit to be star dingers or automatically jump to leaving negative feedback, as a seller on ebay it makes me nervous when some resort to that before contacting the seller.

I've seen posts where someone has been given a full refund and still admitted to leaving neutral or negative feedback, it's just a practice that I disagree with and we all know how unforgiving ebay can be.

I think I'm a wonderful seller, items are listed with several pictures and accurate desciptions, but we all know that there are just some people who are never happy no matter what you do.

It'd be nice to avoid the on ebay, that's all. It may sound mean, and it's really not meant to at all.

I just feel that it's a growing concern.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
I can see why you feel this way.  At the same time I sometimes feel there is a lack of accurate feedback on the arena because people don't want to appear too hard on their fellow ponies.  When it's all anonymous folks tend to be more aggressive in my opinion.

In my eyes:

Ebay= too harsh
Forums full of friends= too lenient

It's just me though.  I know many people do leave accurate feedback regardless.  However, there is no concrete policy here about retaliatory feedback (that I am aware of), shipping in a timely manner, or this sort of business.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 08:36:14 PM »
I can see why you feel this way.  At the same time I sometimes feel there is a lack of accurate feedback on the arena because people don't want to appear too hard on their fellow ponies.  When it's all anonymous folks tend to be more aggressive in my opinion.

In my eyes:

Ebay= too harsh

It's just me though.  I know many people do leave accurate feedback regardless.  However, there is no concrete policy here about retaliatory feedback (that I am aware of), shipping in a timely manner, or this sort of business.

I do believe there's a lot of truth to what you're saying. Very good points :)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 08:57:03 PM »

In my eyes:

Ebay= too harsh

I totally second this! I have only had a few transactions on here when i have been unhappy and i will confess I just don't leave feedback, I figure the great out weigh the bad and  I can't be bothered with relation feedback. unfortunately the worst offenders i have dealt with all have more feedback than me so i wasn't expecting any problems : /

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
For me, I've only had 1 problem with a seller on here and theres a thread about the issue and how its been escalated to a paypal dispute.

My main concern is arena members who openly admit to being star dingers and typically leave neutral and negative feedback even in situations where it's not warranted. To me, those are people that should be on a bad trader list (in an ebay sense, not specifically regarding arena transactions).

Just my oppinion though. Which may be a little harsh, but my husband and I have worked very hard to make sure we have outstanding feedback, top rated seller status etc... To just have someone stomp all over it because they don't understand how ebays system works, or because their worked up about nothing.

See I do sound harsh... I'm honestly very nice :) I'm just ranting over nothing I think lol

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »
I totally agree with you : ) reading ts gives you a good idea with who to deal with or not thou but I can see what you mean about wanting to know there ebay user name, lol. Mind you there are lots of great buyers out there you just hear of the bad ones so in reality your unlike to deal with star dingers :  )

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 04:27:31 AM »
While it is a good idea, the moderators here have discussed this before.

We can't and won't ask people to disclose their ebay ids. In some ways it is a privacy decision. The point in usernames on a forum like this is so that people can reveal as much or as little about themselves outside the Arena as they wish. Some people want you to know their ebay ID and can list that in their signature or even within their profile. Other people may not wish to disclose their ID for a wide range of issues and that is their choice.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 06:17:07 AM »
Ok good to know, It's nice to know that others understand where I'm coming from lol. It was just a thought and apparently not a terrible one since it's been discussed previously by the moderators which also makes me feel a little better :)

Thank you to everyone for their input into this. I understand why it's not a forced issue, and really it shouldn't be something that's forced on anyone. I agree that the forum allows each and everyone of us to disclose as much or as little as we want, and that's also a safety issue (we all know there are crazies out there lol), so it all makes sense.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 07:27:13 AM »
My main concern is arena members who openly admit to being star dingers and typically leave neutral and negative feedback even in situations where it's not warranted. To me, those are people that should be on a bad trader list (in an ebay sense, not specifically regarding arena transactions).

My Bad Trader List encompasses Ebay, the Arena, and Etsy.  I even log into the MLPTP every few months and update from there, as well.  Anyone who publically announces that they are exceptionally difficult to buy from/sell to usually finds their way onto the list eventually. :)  *pony hugs* 

That's why it's very important for us all to be honest and open and communicate with each other, especially when it means other people are going to be screwed over for their MONEY and PONIES!  Not cool at all! Makes me cry...

I know it's not perfect but I do have to have some privacy considerations (otherwise, yes, I would post their full names and addresses!) because sometimes people do come around and change their ways.   Also, lawyers are nasty...  ;)

But I hope to keep the community as safe as possible with my List, so I am glad it proves useful to you.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 07:48:39 AM »

My Bad Trader List encompasses Ebay, the Arena, and Etsy.  I even log into the MLPTP every few months and update from there, as well.  Anyone who publically announces that they are exceptionally difficult to buy from/sell to usually finds their way onto the list eventually. :)  *pony hugs* 

That's why it's very important for us all to be honest and open and communicate with each other, especially when it means other people are going to be screwed over for their MONEY and PONIES!  Not cool at all! Makes me cry...

I know it's not perfect but I do have to have some privacy considerations (otherwise, yes, I would post their full names and addresses!) because sometimes people do come around and change their ways.   Also, lawyers are nasty...  ;)

But I hope to keep the community as safe as possible with my List, so I am glad it proves useful to you.  :)

Your list really is useful, all of the hardwork that you put into keeping it updated doesn't go unnoticed and it's very much appreciated :)

Thank you :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal