collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seriously Hasbro how many did you make?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously Hasbro how many did you make?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »
honestly i think it was hte price.. and the fact that   shes all plastic.  i love the bling! but  not at  50.00.   i was going ot get one but upon hearing that much.. i didn't think it was worth it.

perhaps hasbo   made a ton of her and rasied hte price   becasu  they thought it would be another  :muffin: Pony thing. and they could make more moeny.. and i'm sure that backfied on them. maybe they'll go back to  a more resonable priced one.

also why pay 50.00 for a funko one with glitter. (basicaly ) when you can spend 20.00 and  get the  same pony.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2013, 12:51:25 AM »
I'm just really bummed out that she's still up and I still can't afford her.  :(
:fox:

Noepse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 03:46:17 AM »
Even though I do like her a lot I just can't help but look at her and think "Gosh, you would have been a lot cuter with brushable hair!".

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 06:11:21 AM »
I don't like her, because of the price and the excess of glitter and crystals is a real turn off.  The glitter and crystals on the Twilight one work just fine, but on DJ they look awful.  Putting the crystals in her horn and in her glasses is just odd.  I personally think she is a fail.  If the price went down I might buy her.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 09:29:18 AM »
Personally I like her-  but her price is way too much.  Plastic mane and tail should have made her cheaper, not more expensive (looking at the Funkos).  The crystals were entirely unnecessary.

So I think price + not brushable = fewer sales.

I truly am hoping that the DJ molded pony was an experiment- and that Hasbro is going to return to brushable ponies next year.   The low sales of the DJ will certainly make that more likely.

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:35 AM »
She doesn't matches with anything else, I don't feel like she is part of a set, or part of a collection, or anything. And the Funko version will probably look a little better and add to an already lovely set.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »
I hope I don't sound mean, but that's what happens when the designers won't listen to their custumers.

As other had said it would be nice if they continued the differnt ponies for SDCC and MLPfair, but because what happened in last year they now think fans only want the popular safe background characters plus they added glitter and crystals "in case" little girls would buy one .

How many times collectors have spoken this lines: "we want more boys" "we want G1 characters" but NO they won't listen to us and don't have interest.

A stock of styling Big Mac or a Hoity Toity would have fly off in seconds, but no they only want to make safe characters and don't even risk a bit wit something that they think a little girl will not want, even if the pony is made for adult collectors in events were other companies make toys for adult collectors.

Also they didn't even remenber they already have made previous versions (even if they were ion different sizes)  of her and that funko was going to release her for a cheaper price.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:58:20 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
To be honest, she's just ugly  >_<

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2013, 05:26:37 PM »
She doesn't matches with anything else, I don't feel like she is part of a set, or part of a collection, or anything. And the Funko version will probably look a little better and add to an already lovely set.

My feelings exactly!  I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything since I don't have her.  And at least the Funko DJ will match my other Funkos.  This thing doesn't match anything and it's REALLY expensive.

diamondshy

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2013, 10:25:32 PM »
I actually liked the bling-out look and the disco box.   :blush:

But at the risk of parroting most of the rest of this thread, being screwed in to the box and the surprisingly high cost were both turn-offs, as well as the news of Funko's DJ coming out soon.  At least I could make a mock-up with a Funko if I were inclined.   :P

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2013, 01:29:06 AM »
I don't like her, because of the price and the excess of glitter and crystals is a real turn off.  The glitter and crystals on the Twilight one work just fine, but on DJ they look awful.  Putting the crystals in her horn and in her glasses is just odd.  I personally think she is a fail.  If the price went down I might buy her.
   I ordered that PTS when I ordered the DJPon3 and she is still not shipped , the status went from Not shipped to Backordered  :(  it was supposed to come home today and now this :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2013, 02:22:10 AM »
I was totally prepared to have my designated US friend order the exclusive for me but....eh, I personally find the glitter and those lights really tacky and like a few others have mentioned, why pay for this when Funko are bringing out a solid Vinyl Scratch too? I probably would have sprung for her had she been FS, had removeable (or at least moulded) glasses, and maybe had her mane pre-styled? It's a real shame, and I hope Hasbro will try to do their market research better for next time. Do they not ever run surveys like Build-A-Bear have?

Of course, Vinyl's unpopularity is great for everyone that does like this pony as it means they have more of a chance of getting her due to the lack of a rush like there was with Dizzy Hooves.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

GoodyGumdrop

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 10:36:12 AM »
I'm hoping she goes on sale for a deep discount. Then I'm going to buy her, evict the pony from the light up box, and put the breakdancing Welovefine DJ Pony figure in her place.

I'm totally disappointed that this pony is not a brushable.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »
I'm honestly quite shocked that I'm finding her for much cheaper on eBay...I saw one sold for $30 or so....
Maybe I'll have a chance to get one after all.  :shocked:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2013, 10:53:24 AM »
I actually see her selling on eBay for *below list price* already.

I know -_- I wish I'd had the sense to sell mine before everyone had a chance to be disappointed with her. I don't want to keep her but I certainly don't want to take a loss. Bah humbug.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal