collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are the G1 Ponies (and other pre-G4 ponies) still around?  (Read 685 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Are the G1 Ponies (and other pre-G4 ponies) still around?
« on: August 17, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »
As I've said before, I missed out on growing up collecting the G1 ponies, and regret it a lot more than I probably should.  I am in no way interested in collecting the G4s, even though I love the show.

I'm debating with myself on whether I should start collecting the G1s (and possibly the G2s and G3s) now; I know I can't play with them now, and don't intend to, but I admire the design of those ponies.

However, do they still exist, would it be possible for me to still get a hold of them, if I decide to do this?
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Are the G1 Ponies (and other pre-G4 ponies) still around?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:34:19 PM »
Huh? Do you mean the G1/G2 toys? Have you checked out the Sales Forum here or Ebay?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:36:31 PM »
Yeah you certainly can!

Check out my sales thread, I have some G1s for sale :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »
Eh? Did you think these were all our childhood ponies?

Edit. Oh, and another thing. You absolutely can play with the ponies if you want to. I think most of us do, at least a little. :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:06:04 PM by Doedeardarling »

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
G3 in particular seems easy to find. :) I'd like to get more more G2's, I don't know why they seem less popular.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »
They are very easy to find. Maybe not in person or at a store anymore. But you can on here and on ebay and amazon. This site is the best to look for older ponies. And the G3 ponies seem to be very cheap right now for some reason.  I hope you give them all a try. :)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
Why on earth wouldn't you still be able to play with G1's?  They're better quality on average than the terrible QC junk that comes out of Hasbro's factories these days, having stood the test of time.  I wouldn't let any little kids chew on them, or any other plastic for that matter, but G1's can stand up to pretty heavy play, even today.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 02:19:34 PM »
Why on earth wouldn't you still be able to play with G1's?  They're better quality on average than the terrible QC junk that comes out of Hasbro's factories these days, having stood the test of time.  I wouldn't let any little kids chew on them, or any other plastic for that matter, but G1's can stand up to pretty heavy play, even today.

Yes the G1 ponies sure were made a lot better then stuff now a days.

Offline RavenWolf

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 06:38:34 PM »
They are very easy to find. Maybe not in person or at a store anymore. But you can on here and on ebay and amazon. This site is the best to look for older ponies. And the G3 ponies seem to be very cheap right now for some reason.  I hope you give them all a try. :)

It is still possible to find them second hand at yard sales and thrift stores. :) Craigslist is also a good source for them. Just today I found Baby Blossom and a flutter pony (can't think of her name) at a yard sale and I find them every now and then at thrift stores. G3s are most common at the moment and dirt cheap. But come to think of it I only find 1 to 2 G2s a year they seem to be the hardest to find in person, at least for me. I would guess it varies by where you live. ;)

I think the reason the G3s are so cheap right now is because there in the outgrown generation faze all toys seem to go through. A toy comes out its a must have and gets collected. then as the generation that grew up with them reaches the I'm to old for toys age they get sold off and flood the market. Then as enough time goes by those same kids start getting nostalgic for their old toys and start buying them up again causing the price to start going up. My advice would be grab the G3s well their cheap in a few years their prices will start going back up. ;) 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:47:14 PM by RavenWolf »

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 06:44:47 PM »
They're still around, I'm 17 and I have a decently sized collection of G1s that I've accumulated from eBay, an Antique Mall, and the Goodwill. You need to look in the right places for them!

As for G3s, they seem to be common at the Goodwill and Value Village, and eBay's a good place to search for them too, as well as the Antique Mall. G3.5s are also around thrift stores.

G2s aren't nearly as common as G1s or G3s, but I've managed to find 3 of them, and a G2 plushie.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:46:24 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 04:49:15 PM »
I realize that this is really late, but thank you for all your replies.  I think I am going to go through with it.  It may take a while, but I am going to start collecting one day.

Thanks everyone.  :good:
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »
Still in stores? 

At least G3.5 still in stores, yes.  Where I live we have the G3.5 babies and some adults.  (In greater quantity than the G4s!!)

Enjoy them =D  They are still toys to be with, if not playing, just to stare and talk with them (I do that =X).  And with patience you'll get the ponies you like to have!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal