collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: You Opened the Blind Bag to see the pony and didn't pay?  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
You Opened the Blind Bag to see the pony and didn't pay?
« on: August 17, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »
Hi,

I know someone posted this recently but today I saw the same thing in my area. Target had a set of the neon Blind Bags and when I started looking through the bags I found one had been opened and it still had the pony and card inside. I think it was Comet Tail. Why do people open the bags and then not pay for them once they see the pony inside? I always wait until after I've paid for them to open them and I never open the bags in the store.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: You Opened the Blind Bag to see the pony and didn't pay?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »
When the Blind Bags first came put, my local Five Below had a box of them...and they were all open!  I was thankful since no ID sites existed for them yet & I could choose which ones I wanted...but was so paranoid that someone at the store would think I did it.

I see the same thing all the time at Urban Outfitters with the Dunny & Unicorno figures.  Some people don't like surprises...and don't know to look online on how to ID them without opening the bags!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »
To me, it's effectively stealing. Because they cannot sell the product once it's been opened unless its to a pony collector who doesn't care. But a small child would like to open the bag when they buy it and people who open them and don't buy them ruin it for others.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
I find it annoying.  You wouldn't open a larger item and leave it there without paying, so why would anyone think its okay because it's blind bagged?

Still, the people who open the bag, steal the toy and leave the bag annoy me more.  :(
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »
One of my local stores now has them in sealed security cases - the ones you would normally see used for CDs and DVDs.

I know it happens but there is no excuse for it - its theft plain and simple.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 12:26:42 PM »
Lazy  :rant: There is no reason to be doing this. Even a child should be taught "no".  You don't get to open something till you've bought and paid for it. Basic life skills.

Am lucky that my Wally World still carries BB's, of any sort. Given the rampant destruction of bags. I found one case with six or seven open/missing ponies before.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 12:56:46 PM »
This infuriates me. :rant: Someone did this at my local supermarket to practically every bag and they stopped stocking the blind bags because of it. I seriously doubt it was a child as the less desirable ponies were thrown back into the box! :throw:

Not only is it extremely selfish but it also harms the brand as shops won't stock products that lose money!
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 01:01:01 PM »
I keep hoping my Wal-mart will move the BB's to the front where they keep the trading cards, etc- they are tucked into the toy aisle here and are almost always opened.   :huh:  I hope they don't stop selling them- I hadn't considered that they would do that :shocked:

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 01:06:35 PM »
Yeah, I often find them opened.. and the toy stolen from inside. At least if they leave the toy, it's not so bad I guess. Still so annoying! They're called Blind Bags for a reason >_<
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 02:25:48 PM »
It doesn't happen a lot at the Target I get mine from, but on occasion it does. The last two times it happened it helped me get two I really wanted actually!

It makes me mad too though. I will ALWAYS buy the opened ones, or even ones missing bags! I've found a few that were just left in the box not in a bag or anything. I grab them and walk up to the cashier and tell them what I found and ask to buy it, they seem to always let me. I would just much rather grab them before someone else does that will steal them. And if I have extras I can always customize them or give them to others that need them :)

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »
At my store we just tape the bags back up if they're opened. It's not just ponies, it's everything that has a bag...or ball. We've had these things called Heroics/Zerbos which are balls with a tiny superhero figure in them. I find the opened balls and toys strewn ALL over the toy aisle. Apparently we used to have tiny buildable erasers in blindbags as well, and my boyfriend says they were ALWAYS ripped out and had their pieces strewn everywhere.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »
When the early waves of Blind Bags hit stores a lot of times I would find loose ponies in the bottom of the box with no card or bag, but this was the first time that I've ever seen someone open the bag and leave the card and the pony. I've seen a few bags that had no pony but still had the card. I guess whoever stole the pony didn't want the card. I'm always amazed to see that people will steal something that costs so little just so they don't have to pay for it. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 04:38:27 PM »
The first wave of blind bags I got my glitter Pinkie Pie this way. I have not found many since then open.  I have only found 2 MLP blind bags without the pony inside and that was not very nice. But I often find Littlest Pet Shop bags open with and without toys inside. I wish people would not open them and just leave them on the shelf. They should at least buy the item as they did tamper with it.

AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »
I've surprisingly not run into this before, but it doesn't surprise me. I work in retail myself and the things I see people open completely boggles my mind.

It could be kids opening some of them too, if its just random ones. I've seen kids run wild through the store I work in and destroy some product while the parents do pretty much nothing about it. :/ Unfortunate but that's just the way it is I guess.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 01:47:27 AM »
Wow... I actually haven't personally encountered this. I wonder what's different about people in my local stores...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal