collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it okay to use ponies with Cancer as bait?  (Read 239 times)

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
Is it okay to use ponies with Cancer as bait?
« on: August 15, 2013, 11:39:09 PM »
So I have a G1 Confetti who is missing all of her hair and paint and is just riddled with pony cancer >_<, shes obviously in bad enough condition to be considered bait BUT I have never had experience with pony cancer and have heard its contagious several times, so I'm a bit scared to use her as bait (I would seriously hate to make a custom out of her and then have someone put her next to their collection and end up with their entire collection with cancer because of it :() .

So my question is, is it safe to make customs out of ponies with cancer? Will the cancer spread even after being washed painted and sealed?  Is there something I should do to her to prevent the cancer from being able to spread? Or does she need to live by herself?

Oh and will the cancer ever come through the paint later on?

I just want to get some advice from people who might have experiance in this field  ^.^
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is it okay to use ponies with Cancer as bait?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 11:48:21 PM »
I thought it was disproved that cancer was contagious? I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard from a lot of people that it isn't, and I've never had it spread in my collection and I have quite a few ponies with cancer spots on display.
Hope someone else can be a bit more helpful, though. :)

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 01:17:02 AM »
You don't have to worry, cancer is caused by the plastic breaking down, and it won't spread to other ponies. It's been proven many times. :) also my childhood ponies spent years and years together in the same bag, and only one of them has cancer.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:18:34 AM by Eldarwen »

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 02:47:14 AM »
The only possible way for cancer to spread would be live bacteria, I guess most often it's a case of unsuitable storage conditions so multiple ponies develop mould (cancer) issues. So it's extremely unlikely it would spread but if you're worried, you can boil your baits as a part of the prepping process. I totally recommend it in any case, it takes care of dirt and helps breaking down the hair glue. Hot water also softens the head so you can reach the hair better with your pliers or whatever you use for dehairing. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal