collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you feel about the whole Equestria Girls launch?

I love all the new girls (already bought some) and the movie is awesome!!
The dolls are adorable but the movie was ok (has some definite flaws).
It is what it is, I haven't warmed up to any of it yet, but I may check it out a bit more later.
I don't really care for the dolls, I prefer another doll to these and the movie was a bit of a disappointment to me.
EG was a poor venture for Hasbro, they should have put all that energy into ponies.
I haven't paid enough attention to them to really have much of an opinion.
I love the movie, the dolls.... not so much.

Author Topic: Equestria Girls Reaction  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Equestria Girls Reaction
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:35:45 PM »
I know there are a few threads on EG right now, but I love polls :)  And I think it would be neat to sum up the general reaction here on the board.  I myself found the movie to be nice (the absence of a Twilight Sparkle and a Sunset Shimmer in the alternate universe is a bit of a fatal flaw for me, lol, so I did not take it too seriously).  I think the dolls are cute, but a bit juvenile if they are trying to target pre-teens to early teens.  That said, I wish they would have just made a pony movie.  Hasbro has put out more EG than new ponies for this wave of products and that is just sad :(

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Equestria Girls Reaction
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 02:45:34 PM »
Pinkie did mention a Twilight in thsat universe. :) "Don't you have an identical twin sister who lives in the city with a dog just like that?" Eqg Twilight had just never left the city to make friends without Celestia forcing her to.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »
My answer really isn't mentioned as an option...I thought the movie was really good, and I like some of the dolls but not all.  I really wish that all the girls had been made with full outfits like the deluxe and doll/pony sets instead of with molded-on tops.  I can't stand molded-on clothes.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 02:47:03 PM »
My reaction was more of a 'I don't like the dolls, but I loved the movie!' kinda deal :)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
I got the RD doll, and I loved the movie  :)

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 03:14:38 PM »
I hate to be so harsh, but I kinda think the whole idea of these human-ponies was born dead. Hasbro should have just made a pony movie.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »
I'm obsessed with the dolls :D I must have em ALL!!!! But I haven't seen the movie yet :( hoping to get it this weekend though  :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »
I loved the movie! The dolls are just alright, though - I'm sure others will love them, but poseability is a big thing for me. I've only bought the poseable RD and am considering the Fluttershy, but at this point if they don't release any more with the elbow and knee joints I'm stopping there. :S

Still, I loved the movie! A lot more than I expected, but maybe because I went in with such low expectations. I have the DVD now. :lovey:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:47:31 PM by OctoberFlash »
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 03:33:36 PM »
I hate to be so harsh, but I kinda think the whole idea of these human-ponies was born dead. Hasbro should have just made a pony movie.

One with REAL ponies!!! Heehee, not really, but wouldn't that be awesome in a weird way?

As for the dolls... I like My Little Ponies, not My Little Peoples. But they are colorful and cheerful, so I totally get how pony pals can get into them.  :)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 03:36:42 PM »
Sorry but I voted for EG was a poor venture for Hasbro, they should have put all that energy into ponies.

Hasbro puts less and less focus on brushables it isn't even funny.  Going in a different direction doesn't cut it in my opinion.

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
Pinkie did mention a Twilight in thsat universe. :) "Don't you have an identical twin sister who lives in the city with a dog just like that?" Eqg Twilight had just never left the city to make friends without Celestia forcing her to.
Yes, that's true, I dismissed her comment thinking she was being such a goof, but we all know Pinkie has good hunches and she knows everyone in town, so that accounts for Twi, what about the other power hungry Sunset Shimmer?

Oh, and I updated the poll for another option :)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 05:35:49 PM »
Sorry but I voted for EG was a poor venture for Hasbro, they should have put all that energy into ponies.

Hasbro puts less and less focus on brushables it isn't even funny.  Going in a different direction doesn't cut it in my opinion.

yes this.
though i might get a fluttershy doll later on down the road but i am disappointed hasbro made this move. i hope its just a one of. i want more brushable ponies to adore, it defeats the purpose of my little "pony" and there seems to be more of a variety of the dolls this year then ponies

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 05:37:52 PM »
I voted for loved the movie, the dolls not so much. BUUUT, I still bought Rarity and will buy the pack with Luna to get her. I would like them 100x more if they had feet.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »
I actually haven't seen the movie yet and I'm fairly indifferent to the dolls.

I want a doll because I'm sort of a completion collector in the sense that I think I should have "one of each" type of pony - so this sort of, kind of counts - but I wish Hasbro would focus on ponies and not dolls.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 06:42:11 PM »
I loved the movie, especially the songs, but I did have higher expectations for the dolls, which I guess was kind of wrong of me, considering this is Hasbro. I'm kind of okay with the deluxe dolls, but I definitely wouldn't purchase any the regular ones. (Even if the Celestia pony is super pretty!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal