collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko vinyl spitfire and sweetie drops.  (Read 13925 times)

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
Re: Funko vinyl spitfire and sweetie drops.
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2013, 12:18:43 PM »
But isn't fan names becoming canon kind of cool? Doesn't it mean theyre listening to the fans a little bit? Kids don't care where the name came from. I think it's nice that when the fan base comes up with an appropriate name (DJPON3, Bon Bon) that those names can become integrated into merchandise directed at that audience (hot topic merch, funko ponies etc). And then sometimes they can't be, for whatever reason, and that's okay too. Ill just think of Sweetie Drops as G1 BonBon's daughter or something in my head. A descendant, a candy family like the apple family. Maybe she's Twist's cousin. Maybe that storyline is coming up? Who knows?

I think getting worked up over the name of a pony either way is silly, silly, silly.

Alzatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2013, 12:44:37 PM »
About that street date.. I work for TRU, usually if we can't sell something the cash register won't allow it. And also, boxes usually have the street dates on them if they're supposed to have them.

Sadly I can't test this out for myself since we haven't received any boxes of these. But a friend of mine in Chicago managed to buy them. So I really don't know what's up..

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »
Boy there are a lot of new ponies coming out!!

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2013, 02:12:16 PM »
I saw both today 3-4 Bon Bon's and 2 Spitfire's. All had paint problems but it was nice to see them in person. Not sure if they would have sold them to me as  I left all on the shelf since I do not want either. I like Funko ponies but only want a select few.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »
Are the Funko ponies located with the other MLP stuff at TRU? I've never seen any funkos at my TRU and I was at one in another town yesterday and didn't see any there either. I know they keep the trading card stuff closer to the register. I wonder if the Funko ponies are hiding somewhere else too.

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »
Glad you all are finding more info and finding them, I'd love to have spitfire.. :)

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2013, 03:55:17 PM »
Are the Funko ponies located with the other MLP stuff at TRU? I've never seen any funkos at my TRU and I was at one in another town yesterday and didn't see any there either. I know they keep the trading card stuff closer to the register. I wonder if the Funko ponies are hiding somewhere else too.

The Funkos I saw were with the regular MLP stuff.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »
When it comes to fan names vs official names, I usually try to compromise into using both names, but when that can't happen (i.e. I can't think of a way to compromise) I just choose which name I personally like, but this applies only to when I use the name, in case I use the pony in my project for example.  I am not the kind of brony who goes around insisting that "my" name for the pony is canon.

For BonBon/Sweetie Drops, I admit I side with the name BonBon, purely out of respect for the real BonBon - I like the idea of the fact she was named after her as a tribute to the Tales version.

Other ponies I actually have ways that both names could be used, I never understood why there had to be so much debate over what name is used because;

a) It is basically Hasbro who have the final say anyway.

b) If the name is not used in the show, you can still get away with the fanon name.

c) Even if the name was used in the show, you can still get away with the fanon name if you compromise somehow.

This only counts for G4 as far as I can see, but it could be extended.  The only non-G4 example I can think of is the pony that may or may not be "First Born" in G1.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »
Gosh, I want Sweetie Drops for sure. I actually just bought Lyra today. I'm disappointed in the quality and if later waves improve I will probably trade up (or save up for the chase figure which is what I really want). I'm not a big bg pony guy but I have always adored Lyra and Bon Bon's designs, especially Lyra. Green ponies are the best!

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
I couldnt but them :[ The cashier wouldnt let me, she said i had to wait until sept 2nd

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2013, 01:26:19 AM »
I couldnt but them :[ The cashier wouldnt let me, she said i had to wait until sept 2nd

I would be so mad :( that totally sucks! Thankfully sep 2 isn't all that far away and my best bud Rhini will also pick me up a set right? :D I better start saving to pay shipping!
Come visit my blog!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2013, 05:03:57 AM »

I would be so mad :( that totally sucks! Thankfully sep 2 isn't all that far away and my best bud Rhini will also pick me up a set right? :D I better start saving to pay shipping!
Lol you know it  ^.^ I will run my little butt in there on the second and demand mah ponies!

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2013, 06:24:34 AM »
I wonder if the box date and the sale date in computers are different form each other.  It seems like alot of stores are putting them out early.

I understand why people won't sell them if the computer pops up and says they can't, it's not worth them possibly getting fired over it.  But wouldn't it be nice for them to say you know what since we accidently put these put early we will hold them for you until Sept 2nd when you can come pick them up.  I mean what if it was a chaser!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »

The Funkos I saw were with the regular MLP stuff.

I saw these at our TRU as well with a stash of the 1st wave with RD. They were also in the MLP section. I didn't try buying them but they were definitely on the shelves.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2013, 11:03:30 AM »
Does anyone know if all the characters have the same code or are they all marked as separate items? Also if you return something do they scan both items you switch it for?

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal