collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: an expensive hobby???  (Read 2246 times)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: an expensive hobby???
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 12:19:50 PM »
$100-160 for mimic ( I saw one end recently for $168 :faint: that's rare for that to happen though... )

Best of luck building your collection! :lovey: I know how it is trying to get non uk ponies for a reasonable price and its quite hard a lot of the time.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 03:35:59 PM »

Fair prices for the ponies you mention:
Mimic - $100
Nightglider - $26-28
SS Buttons - $8

Thank you!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 02:53:01 AM »
As a general answer to the question in your title; yes, it is a VERY expensive hobby :P lol

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2013, 07:37:07 AM »
What, no one wants to add Baby Bottoms to their herd?

:lmao:

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »
I'd love to add a baby bottoms  lol  :P
I've just added 3 more ponies today to the herd....a so soft ribbon, so soft fifi, medley (an upgrade nm) and hopefully a usa gusty from another arena member soon :) the so soft buttons eluded me yet again!! Sniped on ebay by 50p!!!  :( :( try again next month now the budget s been brown!
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 08:29:16 AM »
Yes it is a very expensive hobby. Its not just the ponies that cost, its the furniture to display the , the accessories that go with them, the postage, yaddah yaddah yaddah. There is a lot to think about when collecting, I have to remember what is more important, and then I can decide if I should buy the pony or not.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
Postage just kills me. I sold Cherries Jubilee with blue biro for £2 today but spent about £50 during last week on 4 ponies. But in those lots I also got G1 Spike, Brandy and Twinkles.  :satisfied: Duck Soup is my new grail! Fingers crossed for my listings tomorrow...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 01:38:02 PM »
Me too :( I paid $26 for 3 ponies today the shipping was $23!!!! I've spent too much this month so going to spend next month cleaning and styling rather than buying.....unless a night glider becomes available :p.
 I miss the days when in the uk you could go to a boot fair and pick up hundreds of rare ponies for a few pounds!
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 02:46:11 PM »
I never knew those days! But I'll still try car boot sales. The trick is not gto come back with random stuff if no ponies. Thinking of trying Cambridge City Football Ground soon...

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »
Hmm, I would say mlp is not that expensive really. Compared to my Pullip and Blythe dollies, who tells me they needs new outfits, shoes, wigs, eyechips. The blythes even tell me they needs special custom made things.. With mlp it's generally cheaper for me as I have a taste for rare/uncommon/expensive and very good/near mint ponies I generally have to wait a while to buy them. Mostly due to not finding them really, or being to busy to look. I generally don't have much of a taste for more common and cheap ponies so I don't buy heaps of those. But I do buy heaps of stuff for ze dollies, oh a little bit of this and a little bit of that on etsy and I'll be broke quickly ^^.

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 04:05:21 PM »
Hmm, I would say mlp is not that expensive really. Compared to my Pullip and Blythe dollies, who tells me they needs new outfits, shoes, wigs, eyechips. The blythes even tell me they needs special custom made things.. With mlp it's generally cheaper for me as I have a taste for rare/uncommon/expensive and very good/near mint ponies I generally have to wait a while to buy them. Mostly due to not finding them really, or being to busy to look. I generally don't have much of a taste for more common and cheap ponies so I don't buy heaps of those. But I do buy heaps of stuff for ze dollies, oh a little bit of this and a little bit of that on etsy and I'll be broke quickly ^^.

I love the artwork in your sig!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »
I have a long way to go before I am done, but that will take a long while.

liely

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2013, 06:51:11 PM »
I think that the ponies are expensive  for those who live outside the country of the seller. more money is spent on sending than to buy

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »
Toy collecting is a more expensive hobby than something you make yourself, like woodcrafting or scrapbooking...but then again nowhere near as expensive as hobbies that require one to buy decent art supplies. It's not even close to a sporty hobby; have you seen what fishing poles or golf clubs cost?

But MLPs seem to be among the cheaper toys to collect. My boyfriend collects Transformers. My God, the prices on Transformers!

I wouldn't call My Little Ponies and expensive hobby. Unless you start to collect Nirvanas, of course! (Don't do it!)
I'll put something here some time

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »
I have an extra SS Buttons on ebay right now. She is very pretty! But back to the topic. I was thinking about this today. I does seem that the prices of ponies has gone up. But then in a way they really have not when you look back at the price of the G1 ponies. I also have to do a lot of looking around for good deals. Ebay has a lot of over priced ponies. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal