collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: question about Cheerilee's picnic & schoolhouse accessories sets  (Read 374 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
i guys hopefully someone can help me on some info on these sets. i have finally got hold of the cheerilee school house set YAY, as i never found it in New Zealand, as far as i know we never got it here in nz (unless someone knows other wise, please let me know) was this set hard to get hold of?, was it only released in certain countrys? as far as i know it wasn't a "int' exclusive release" was it as hard to get hold of as the star dreams slumber set?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

it is mib and i just can't decide whether to de-box it or not.

also i finally got hold of the schoolhouse set that i found at the sunday markets for $2 YAY. they have been allover the place here but too expensive to buy in the shops like a lot of the building sets here. know i spotted somewhere while looking for what accessories it came with that it is an "international exclusive"  :shocked: i never knew. is that right? if so i am guessing it was then just nz, aussy and europe who got this then?

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: question about Cheerilee's picnic & schoolhouse accessories sets
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 09:55:39 PM »
We had the schoolhouse. Set here in canada, but I never saw the picnic set...I had just started collecting at the tail end of those sets, so I could be wrong.
I've kept my playsets in MIB and hanging on the wall...they just look so darned pretty and colorful up there! But it's up to you what you want to do with your own ponies :)

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:51:52 PM »
sweet thanks for letting me know :) yeah they are gorgeous with all their accessories

wanted list
for trade

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 02:59:42 PM »
They were both international releases and by that every country that carried MLP was able to stock the items, including the US. They even showed up on Hasbro Toy Shop although they never actually came in to stock. However for some reason both the school and the wave 3 of the story packs [which is the picnic set and the star dreams set] were either not picked up by US retailers or earlier waves of the same line did not sell significantly enough for them to carry more stock.

I love the picnic set its adorable.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »
I am Canadian and can vouch that the picnic set was available, but very limited to where it could be bought. Super Store, a grocery store, was the only one I ever saw that had the picnic set or the slumber party set.

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »
yeah that's funny some stores can have certain somethings and others not, its really random, we got the fun at the fair and rainbow dashing camping sets really late (which gave me hope for the slumber set and picnic sets to arrive here) but they were sold as a bundle set (2 for the price of one) and only available in one chain store, nowhere else.

sometimes i feel like nz is the bottom of the heap (no jokes from aussy's please :P) and sometimes we get left overs but then again they are packaged here, just down the road in fact that we possibly get cancelled orders for other country's

wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal