collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: -CANCELED FOR LACK OF INTEREST-  (Read 298 times)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
-CANCELED FOR LACK OF INTEREST-
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:07:19 PM »
Hi all,

Anyone and everyone is invited to come by my house on Saturday, August 31, 2013 at 1 PM for some quality pony time, lasting until whenever people lose interest I guess. There will be food of some sort, quantity and sort to be determined pending an actual guest list, so RSVP if you like eating things :)

The idea behind this meetup is simple. My Little Pony is a series of toys. To the extent that it is a series of TV shows and specials, those same animations are themselves elaborate commercials for said toys. The purpose of toys is to be played with. Therefore, we should play with toys!

My collection leans all but exclusively toward the G4 end of things, with ~140 different blindbags, a dozen or so playful ponies (in severe need of brushing), and various miscellany. The house is also full of legos, playmobil, blocks, tinker toys, paper and colorful pens... basically anything we could conceivably need to create environments for these pony pals to live and have adventures in.

If you want to bring anything of your own to share, be it more toys (even ones from other generations), official playsets (G3.5 Ponyville playsets would probably work really well here), or whatever, feel free, but do so knowing that these ponies are to be played with, so if you're intent on keeping some particular pony or other in absolute mint condition, maybe don't bring that one. :P Consider also making a list of anything you do bring for such purposes, so you don't lose anything...

If you want to bring anything to sell, or money to buy stuff with, that's absolutely fine. I know I could be convinced to sell pretty much anything for the right price, and there are various things I'm specifically looking to dispose of, including an EU-exclusive Dewdrop Dazzle bb. But again, the focus is playing! Let's (re)discover the magic of make-believe. If nothing else, the things make damn good playing pieces for board games.

I live in Santa Cruz, CA, and will dispense my specific address by PM to anyone who's coming. You can get to Santa Cruz by Greyhound, or by the Highway 17 bus from San Jose, or under your own steam in your own automobile.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:52:43 AM by VioletCLM »

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Santa Cruz CA Meet Aug31: Toys are for Playing!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
Ooo, fun!  I don't live too far from Santa Cruz (I'm in Cupertino) - but I've already got plans for that day.   I hope you have a great turnout!  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:40:35 AM »
*grins* you might want to put this up on the BRONC meetups.com page; it's a group for north california bronies, I'm on there. :)  I don't know if I'll be able to make it, myself; it'll depend on if I have to work.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 11:50:48 AM »
It's in the Suggested Meetups page, but needs two RSVPs in order to be promoted to the main Upcoming list.

I forgot to mention: there's a cat here who's slept on pretty much any available surface at one time or another, so if you're allergic, you may want to stay away.

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »
~ Bump ~

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
bump springs eternal

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal