collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4's - "Pointy and Weird"  (Read 2170 times)

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
Re: G4's - "Pointy and Weird"
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 01:39:25 PM »
I liked G4's early on, but was intimidated by the fandom.  I finally gave up worrying what other people thought and started buying them.  My sister actually got kind of short with me about it, though.  She hated them and said "My Little Ponies should look like ponies, and those look like cats"....

.... until I got her 3-year-old daughter a glitter Pinkie Pie as a surprise (when I found them).  The she admitted they actually were really cute (just not what she grew up with).

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »
Ya, I was like that about G4s too... I was angry that Hasbro wasn't making G3s anymore  :angry: And upset with myself because I went hiatus on them at the wrong time  :(
And when I picked back up on MLP collecting I was confused and hated the way G4s looked...they looked like colorful little cockroaches, but I gave em a chance  :P Twilight Sparkle was my first G4 :)

I wanted to be apart of the brony/pegasister fandom, was for a short period time, but I saw the foul attitudes they displayed toward G3 ponies (even G4 merchandise and toys  :blink:) and decided NOPE!!!!  :poke: I am NOT apart of that I am a collector  :cool:
Somewhat glad I collect G4s too...even though its slow and boring  :lol: atleast I'm able to keep up  ;)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 02:01:46 PM »
I wanted to be apart of the brony/pegasister fandom, was for a short period time, but I saw the foul attitudes they displayed toward G3 ponies (even G4 merchandise and toys  :blink:) and decided NOPE!!!!  :poke: I am NOT apart of that I am a collector  :cool:
Somewhat glad I collect G4s too...even though its slow and boring  :lol: atleast I'm able to keep up  ;)
Not to take this completely off topic, but....
Okay! Pegasister is a thing!  I have some friends that are into meme stuff that were accusing me of being one and I had no idea what it was....  :blush:

I'd agree with you though, I'm not one, I'm a collector.  I started playing with G1's before I can remember, and the G4's still give me that warm fuzzy feeling whenever I get a new one!

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 02:53:34 PM »
My DH thinks they have duck faces. I can kinda see that! I only have a few in my collection as I mainly collect G1 (childhood memories) but I do still like FiM and my duck face girls  :silly:
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »
My DH thinks they have duck faces. I can kinda see that! I only have a few in my collection as I mainly collect G1 (childhood memories) but I do still like FiM and my duck face girls  :silly:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I wish I could have found a pony with a duck face but this will do XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2013, 02:07:03 AM »
Before they were released there was not many people who like them and they were likened to deer and mice.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2013, 02:32:50 AM »

I wish I could have found a pony with a duck face but this will do XD

Looks more like G3.5 to me.  Especially with the eyes being set in a bit.  :devious:

I never could figure out how the "deer" comparison came about. To me the only G4's that might look like one are the princesses (at least the toys. The cartoon characters look like horses).

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal