collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fakie - General Discussion Thread  (Read 96630 times)

Ariadna

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Fakie Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2014, 05:51:58 AM »
Here comes a photo spam! I recently purchased a herd of fakies from Stormness and I purchased a fakie pony show bag from a regional show recently, and I have finally got around to getting photos of them :) I now have 61 fakies <3 <3

From the show bag:

Two G3.5 fakies, one of which is drunk and needs help standing up (light pink girl)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This one came in a box with a Kelly doll knock off, she is a tad creepy with her vacant eyes o.0

Last from the showbag was this beauty. I have named him Harvey. Here is one side of Harvey:

Here is the other side of Harvey:

Have't picked it up yet? Harvey has two sides, they're both different to each other!They are such a similar mold that they fit, but when you look at him front on, you see this beautiful face:

He is more, interesting, in person. I'm not overly fond of hard plastic fakies, but Harvey is brilliantly unusual <3

The following are from Stormness :D

My very first Chap-Mei fakie! :D

I also got another fakie Chap-Mei (gotta love fakies of fakies), she is the middle yellow girl with light orange hair. Here she is pictured with her fake Chap-Mei friends:

I have no idea what these guys are, any ideas? They creeped my friends and partner right out! XD

Sunshine fakie goodness!

Fake Sunshine fakie goodness, meet Spicy Rump!

Lanards! I had so many Lanards as a kid, I actually had the little blue baby (I think I actually had three of him). Good to see him again! :)

I have no information on this pearly girl, other than she is made of thin, hard plastic :/ She is very pretty though!

Another I don't have info on, looks like a Cabbage Patch fakie?

I love this fakie, it just has so much character! I know they were posted previously, but what fakie is it? This guy is totally my Totsy's partner in crime >=)

Donkey fakies!

G3.5 fakies that, kind of scare me a bit with their squinty, devious eyes. The blue ones neck joint is all wrong, it just looks strange, lol! Might call her Chubby Chin :P

Again no idea on what this one is, but she is really pretty!

This one is rather petite and looks like someone stretched her out a bit o.0

Another petite peachy coloured girl, another I know nothing about.

Little alicorns! Anyone know what fakies they are? They sure are cute <3

No idea about this girl here, but she is pretty!

My first glass eyed pony with brown eyes! I've only ever seen blue eyes. Anyone know what these guys are also?

Orange alicorn girl, again no idea what she is but I see them everywhere.

A fake Remco pony! She does not have the usual 'Remco' written on her hoof and she is a slightly different mold. One of my actual Remco's is pictured left.

A little mint green Remco baby <3

Ja-Ru ponies. My very first ponies I ever got were Ja-Ru's and I had these two when I was little! So many memories <3

These are Ja-Ru babies and fakie Ja-Ru's. I love the purple girl <3

Here is my herd all together for one big photo. Excuse the cables, but partner would not move them, he was occupied by his laptop at the time :P

Thank you Stormness, they're so awesome! <3 <3 <3

Any info on the ones I am unsure of would be greatly appreciated! :D

Online Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2014, 10:59:24 PM »
So glad you like them, Ariadna! Harvey appears to be a fakie of that barbie peg I had in amongst those fakies I showed you. Do you still have the photos? She's actually kind of pretty, I keep finding myself leaving her out so I don't ruin her hair, lol! Those two rubbery giraffe-looking fakies are enchanted kingdom fakies. they look vaguely like the EK horses, look them up, another fakie worth checking out! I don't have any info on the others, they've all just snuck in with ponies I've bought over the years!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2014, 12:14:42 AM »
Sunshine fakie goodness!

I have never seen that color before! Need! :freak:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2014, 12:30:40 AM »
I like the rearing Ja-Ru girls! Very cool.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2014, 12:38:33 AM »
What a pretty herd you have, Ariadna. :lovey:

This one came in a box with a Kelly doll knock off, she is a tad creepy with her vacant eyes o.0

I have this pony! This exact one! I'm from Indiana where we have our annual Covered Bridge Festival. It brings a lot of business to this area, and one year (2012 I think) I stumbled upon some knock-off Barbie dolls packaged with these little fakies. I could only afford to buy one, so I picked out the white one thinking she was prettiest. The problem though, is that the pony was being held in the box by this really tacky gold wire, and it bled into the pony! :yikes: Poor dear has a terrible gold stripe down her side, and sunfading hasn't helped. :( I still love her though- she's a very cute pony. I was able to snatch up a purple and a pink fakie friend for her at the MLP Fair too. :)

Last from the showbag was this beauty. I have named him Harvey. Here is one side of Harvey:

Here is the other side of Harvey:

Have't picked it up yet? Harvey has two sides, they're both different to each other!They are such a similar mold that they fit, but when you look at him front on, you see this beautiful face:

He is more, interesting, in person. I'm not overly fond of hard plastic fakies, but Harvey is brilliantly unusual <3

Yup, that's definitely a Barbie peg fakie! :lmao: Though I've never seen one with an uneven face like that before! Harvey is awesome!

I have no idea what these guys are, any ideas? They creeped my friends and partner right out! XD

You know, I've seen these around, but I have no idea what they are myself. I'm really curious to know, because I think they are quite cute! Your mint green one is especially beautiful. :lovey: Something in the back of my head is being reminded of She-Ra horses, but I really have no idea. I'm not very knowledgeable about that line. :( About how big are they? Also, are they a hard plastic like your Harvey or more of a MLP-like vinyl?

I have no information on this pearly girl, other than she is made of thin, hard plastic :/ She is very pretty though!

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this little cutie, but something about her eyes reminds me of some fakies from Dollar General by a company called Boley. It's possible that they could be "cousins," just like those Spanish fakies a page or two back!

Another I don't have info on, looks like a Cabbage Patch fakie?

What I love the most about CPK fakies is just how much variety there is to them. :lovey: You don't often see the ones of this size with saddles, but they do occasionally come up. She looks very pretty in green. I think I have a lavender one, but I'm not 100% sure... I have to go through some bags and find it first. :)

Again no idea on what this one is, but she is really pretty!

Mmm, yes, I love these! They seem to be knock offs of those vintage Sweetheart Sister head/Flutter body fakies, only scaled down to a smaller size. I have about 6 or 7 of them, most of them being ponies that came from my friend (munchy on the Arena). I do also have an orange one with a printed Fancy-Pants diaper, and I think that's hilarious considering the fact that they look like teenage ponies. That one came from my boyfriend. :D

This one is rather petite and looks like someone stretched her out a bit o.0

I have two of these! I'm interested in info as well- my purple one has wings and my pink one has broken wings and yarn hair. They both have the same rose symbol as your white one too. I think they are supposed to mimic Chap Meis. They are cute- they remind me of little wiener dogs with their stretched out bodies and stubby legs. :rofl:

My first glass eyed pony with brown eyes! I've only ever seen blue eyes. Anyone know what these guys are also?

These seem to be "teenager" fakies, with molds originally by Euro company, Simba, that have been shared with too many companies to count. I've only ever seen them in family sets, which is why I call them teenagers. (They are right in between an adult and baby size.) If you notice, they have the exact same heads as the beach ball fakie above- only their bodies seem to be a new sculpt. Interesting.

Also, your brown-eyed girl is especially cute. <3 I do have a brown-glass-eyed fakie or two in my own herd, but you're right, blue, green, and purple seem to be the most common colors. (Now I've totally got that Van Morrison song stuck in my head. Thanks. :lol: ) It's always a special treat when brown eyes show up, due to their rarity.

Orange alicorn girl, again no idea what she is but I see them everywhere.

Again, these fakies seem to have been originally sculpted by Simba. I've heard these particular fakies referred to as "Magic" ponies, as I believe they were originally sold under such title. I have a special fondness for orange ones, actually. My very first online purchase as a new collector was an orange one just like yours, but with star symbols. :lovey:

A fake Remco pony! She does not have the usual 'Remco' written on her hoof and she is a slightly different mold. One of my actual Remco's is pictured left.

A true Remco will always be marked, so it looks as though you have a fakie of a fakie! I love that! I have a similar one in that pose actually, but she's more of a bright yellow. They must be cousins!

Here is my herd all together for one big photo. Excuse the cables, but partner would not move them, he was occupied by his laptop at the time :P

Thank you Stormness, they're so awesome! <3 <3 <3

Any info on the ones I am unsure of would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks so much for sharing your girls. You have some very pretty cuties there! :lovey: I hope my commentary was helpful- I'm currently typing this as a very sleepy Rachel, so I'm hoping I make sense. :p

Ariadna

« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2014, 01:38:14 AM »
Thanks Stormness! I do indeed love them <3 I'm not overly fond of hard plastic fakies, but when I got Harvey in my show bag I hurt my sides laughing at his unfortunate face! :lmao: I'm not seeking them, but Harvey's face, oh he is a keeper XD

Thanks for the info about the Enchanted Kingdom fakies, they're some of the oddest fakies to me, their physique weirds me out, but that is what makes them all the more interesting!

I've seen very few Sunshine fakies himmie, I'd not seen a lavender one before either, but she sure is pretty! I have a green one with woollen hair on it's way, I'll certainly post when she arrives! :)

I adore the rearing ones too VioletCLM, they're certainly interesting :)

Rachel-Eyes, my little white girl also came with a Barbie knock off, one of those Kelly dolls. Awesome you have one the same!

Harvey's face, in person it is so much more, umm, interesting! :lmao:

Stormness has mentioned that they are fakies of the Enchanted Kingdom Horses, they're not very big. They're made of flexible rubber, it's a tad sticky too :/ They're about shoulder height to my Crumpet fakie. I'd love to find more of them!

It is interesting that this Cabbage Patch fakie is all green, most I see have nicely painted saddles and have cutie marks and the sort. She definitely is interesting!

You have one of the flutter/sweet heart sister fakie hybrids with a painted on diaper? That I have to see! :lmao: One thought, is this girl a 'lady baby' fakie?

The little stretched out hot-dog pony comes in a winged version? Got any photos? Sounds adorable!

The teenager fakies come in purple eyes too? Ohh awesome! I have seen these guys in family sets also, I'm just unsure what they're referred to. I do like my pear girl :3

So my orange pegacorn/alicorn girl is a 'magic' fakie? Funky! That's awesome to hear your first one was orange, I like how bright this girl is, though she isn't as bright as my neon Lanard knock offs. I call them the Hi-Vis ponies :D

Besides the Ja-Ru's, I've not come across any other Remco fakies before. This ones dimpled head reminds me of a potato :P

I'll share others as they arrive, I absolutely adore fakies and have a larger fakie herd compared to my actual MLP!
On their way currently are a Princess Rinse n Spit, a Sunshine fakie, and two more Buddy L's including a pegacorn one! Wheeee! :D :D :D

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2014, 07:08:50 AM »
Sunshine fakie goodness!

I love Sunshine fakies! I'd want to add a few to my pony collection but can't find any for sale. :(
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2014, 07:14:41 AM »
Stormness has mentioned that they are fakies of the Enchanted Kingdom Horses, they're not very big. They're made of flexible rubber, it's a tad sticky too :/ They're about shoulder height to my Crumpet fakie. I'd love to find more of them!

My apologies... my eyes seem to have skipped this. I'm putting them on my wants though. They have the sweetest little faces, and like I said, I really like that mint green one. I also think it's kind of funny how buff they are.

You have one of the flutter/sweet heart sister fakie hybrids with a painted on diaper? That I have to see! :lmao: One thought, is this girl a 'lady baby' fakie?

I think collectively the community likes to call them "Lady Babies," though the name comes from an Australia-only fakie set from the early '90s. True Lady Babies come in an adult and baby form, and in bright colors. They remind me of Rockin' Beats... there's an orange one that's very similar to Half Note. These SHS/Flutter fakies are quite similar to them so the name seems to have stuck though.

Here's a pic of my poor baby with the unfortunate problem of having to sleep with rubber sheets at night.

[/quote]

The little stretched out hot-dog pony comes in a winged version? Got any photos? Sounds adorable!

I only seem to have this one on hand. She and her broken-winged sister are quite pretty. In fact, I was thinking that yours lost its wings itself, but there are no wing slots in her back? Interesting. I like her in earth pony form!

Besides the Ja-Ru's, I've not come across any other Remco fakies before. This ones dimpled head reminds me of a potato :P

Hmmm, I don't seem to have any pics on hand because I got mine during a time when my camera was broken and I was only using my phone for pics. (Pics which I don't seem to have anyway...) When I get home, I'll take some pictures of her. I'll never be able to unsee potatoes though, thanks a lot. :lmao:

I'll share others as they arrive, I absolutely adore fakies and have a larger fakie herd compared to my actual MLP!
On their way currently are a Princess Rinse n Spit, a Sunshine fakie, and two more Buddy L's including a pegacorn one! Wheeee! :D :D :D

Heheh, you know, when I first started collecting, I specialized in fakies. I had read about the toyline, but it wasn't until the fakies captured my imagination that I decided to cave in and go out and buy some. That's right, ponies were too mainstream for me, so I collected fakies. :lmao: I love it though. I have just as many fakes as I do official MLPs. :) They make interesting conversation starters.

Also, totes jealous of your RnS! I've been looking for one, but never lucky enough to actually find one. I like the white one and the orange one. What color is yours? Keep us updated on that pegacorn Buddy L too!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:16:22 AM by Rachel-Eyes »

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2014, 12:11:21 PM »
I only collect these guys. (I am always looking for more! ;))

The green guy in the back row was the first one that I got, he came in a lot with MLP. The flocked green one in the front is definitely my favorite.

I have a couple fakies of them that did not make the photo. I also have one of the dolls that they were originally sold with, she creeps me out though.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »

The green guy in the back row was the first one that I got, he came in a lot with MLP. The flocked green one in the front is definitely my favorite.

I have a couple fakies of them that did not make the photo. I also have one of the dolls that they were originally sold with, she creeps me out though.

I love Sunshines (just got the yellow one, he's one of my favorites now!) but those flocked ones are giving me the willies!
I'll put something here some time

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
:socks:   :frog:

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2014, 02:39:32 PM »
Apologies, I didn't go through the whole thread, but I picked up my very first thrift ponies today! I never find ponies :) I found a G3 SLH Petal Blossom, and also picked up this Fakie because I know they are well loved around here and thought maybe someone wants to give her a home once she's cleaned up!

Sorry for the awkward picture, I'm deep conditioning her very matted hair! Any info as to what type she is? Her hair is pretty long and it's a nice sea foam green!

I also found some flocked fakies and a Bratz pony, but didn't pick them up because I wasn't sure if anyone wanted them. Just picked up one fakie for now :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:41:40 PM by MidnightMocha »
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Ariadna

« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »

Oh my gosh they made flocked Sunshine ponies?! Ohh exciting! I have one exactly the same as the green girl at the back heading my way :)

Congrats on your find MidnightMocha! Your fakie girl looks a bit like my pear girl, very cute! :lovey:

Rachel-Eyes, my Princess Rinse n Spit is green :)

That winged sausage pony is so beautiful! Yeah, my girl doesn't have wing slots, she will never fly :(

:lmao: rubber sheets! XD Oh that's gold! Poor pony.

I just love how varied fakies can come, from being stolen molds through to original designs. Fakies can be hilariously, horribly wrong, and I think that's why I like them so. They are conversation starters, many are just too funny or scary not to share! What I also love them for is my first pony toys eyer were Ja Ru fakies like the ones I posted above.
I adore my fakies, and am constantly seeking more. I still seek MLP but I take that bit at a time :)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2014, 07:44:51 PM »
Thanks Ariadna! I will post her again when she is all cleaned up- maybe then she can find a home :) I love your pear girl, haha- mine also has brown eyes!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:18:29 PM by MidnightMocha »
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Ariadna

« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2014, 09:01:28 PM »
I have this pony! This exact one! I'm from Indiana where we have our annual Covered Bridge Festival. It brings a lot of business to this area, and one year (2012 I think) I stumbled upon some knock-off Barbie dolls packaged with these little fakies. I could only afford to buy one, so I picked out the white one thinking she was prettiest. The problem though, is that the pony was being held in the box by this really tacky gold wire, and it bled into the pony! :yikes: Poor dear has a terrible gold stripe down her side, and sunfading hasn't helped. :( I still love her though- she's a very cute pony. I was able to snatch up a purple and a pink fakie friend for her at the MLP Fair too. :)

I just checked my girlie, she has the same gold bleeding from the wires! :( The doll in the box had three dresses besides the one she was wearing, as well as a comb and the pony.

Looks like your ribbon girl is going to benefit from her much needed spa treatment, Midnight Mocha :) I've just noticed that pear pony is a bit smaller than your ribbon girl, maybe pear pony is her baby or younger sister? Either way they're cute :3 I hope you find her a great home!

After checking the eyes on my glass eyed ponies, I have blue, purple, green and brown! Huh, there you go.

A few of my fakies still need a good spa day and some I'm hoping to give a bit of TLC, my poor frumpet needs some new locks as she is missing some of her plugs, as do a few others, and some have really messed up symbols. But once they're done I'm sure they'll look fabulous! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal