collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fakie - General Discussion Thread  (Read 97679 times)

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Re: Fakie Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2013, 10:50:45 PM »
OMG I totally want Uglysaurus!!!  He's so CUTE AND AWESOME!  (for real I would totally buy him!)

He would make a good minion in my Dragon Kingdom  ;)
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2013, 12:47:28 AM »

Aaaargh Mini Fillies! I had these as a child and I wish I had kept hold of them! I had the pink and blue pegs and the orange and lilac unicorns. I love how the pegs wings flap when you press their bum. One day I hope to own them again but they seem to be pretty HTF.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2013, 07:22:43 AM »
I just got my MFA in Creative Writing in May of this year!  LOL!  :lol:

Great! Congrats on the degree! I minored on Creative Writing, because it was sadly not offered as a major at my university. I'm not sure if I want to focus on literature or writing in graduate school, but right now my biggest hurdle to jump is the big bad scary GRE. :yikes: But really, I'm glad to hear that, because your story is really cute and creative. :)

you know its really nice to see fakies finally getting the love they deserve! I remember way back when I first joined the online MLP community for some reason those unique non MLPs where hated and reviled. :( I'm so glad the communities attitude towards them are changing for the better. :)

I have always loved them and believe they play a very important roll in the toy world. When I was little my parents couldn't often afford to buy me real MLPs. but there was always an "affordable" fakie pony that they could get me and I'm sure there are a lot of other children out there from lower income families that would never have known the joy of playing with a pony toy if it wasn't for those noble fakies.  :)

Yes, this! It confuses me why so many people hate them, because they really are very cute toys and I think their variety is what makes them so fun to collect. I actually started collecting ponies through fakies first, because I had read about them and found them so fascinating. I'm still a relatively new collector (only about 2 years), so I'm really glad that I came when I did, when there was a lot more appreciation and information for fakies.

I agree with that second part, too. Since they are so easy to come by, they really are great things for children, even ones from low-income families. The function of a toy is to be loved by a child first, and admired by a collector second. I think that makes them extra special. I'm not sure if you've read this yet, but I found it really touching and and you may really love it.

Mermaid, your spam is really pretty. So many beautiful ponies! (I'm not going to quote you because I don't want to take up too much space.) As far as rarity and worth go, you may get a little extra money for your Totsy unicorns, Enchanted Kingdom horses, and vintage (or vintage-style) Lanards, though when I say extra I mean by fakie standards. (Usually about $5-10 at the most). Little Pretties are kind of their own category though, and they are popular collectibles so I'm sure you can easily find buyers if you ever decide to sell.  :) I love your rose ponies too. I've never seen them before! Are they marked? And I got a big chuckle out of Uglysaurus. :rofl: He's awesome!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2013, 11:07:26 AM »
Senor Fakiepants and his crew! (They're not really fakies, they're from a children's cartoon in the UK called Starhill farm, or something like that? They're pretty funny looking, but I dig 'em!)

Star Hill Ponies! I used to watch that when I was a kid sometimes! I thought those ponies looked familiar  :biggrin:

That's an impressive collection you've got! I especially like the small purple flocked one further down, do you know anything more about that one? She's really cute!
  lol  Starhill ponies are just too funny :)

Post Merge: August 28, 2013, 11:08:41 AM

Senor Fakiepants and his crew! (They're not really fakies, they're from a children's cartoon in the UK called Starhill farm, or something like that? They're pretty funny looking, but I dig 'em!)

Star Hill Ponies! I used to watch that when I was a kid sometimes! I thought those ponies looked familiar  :biggrin:

That's an impressive collection you've got! I especially like the small purple flocked one further down, do you know anything more about that one? She's really cute!
  lol  Starhill ponies are just too funny :)  have to go check them out on youtube :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2013, 02:05:41 PM »
Oh my goodness I am loving uglysaurus!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »
I have to mention the fact that I just bought Uglysaurus.  He shall soon be a minion of the Dragon Kingdom! 

Thanks Mermaid!   :biggrin:
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »
Yes mlp forever!! You will have to do a pic story! I always thought of him as spikes and cuteasaurus's kid! *snort*
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2013, 07:49:37 PM »
I want an uglysaurus!!  And a drink of Coke with sugar, a cookie and a story.  :freak:
:socks:   :frog:

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »
Yes mlp forever!! You will have to do a pic story! I always thought of him as spikes and cuteasaurus's kid! *snort*

^OMG that is perfect! I am totes doing a pic story when he gets here. 

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2013, 09:04:52 PM »

^OMG that is perfect! I am totes doing a pic story when he gets here. 

DO IT! :cheer: It would be so cool! :D

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »

Aaaargh Mini Fillies! I had these as a child and I wish I had kept hold of them! I had the pink and blue pegs and the orange and lilac unicorns. I love how the pegs wings flap when you press their bum. One day I hope to own them again but they seem to be pretty HTF.

Whippycorn, I know an auction with 3 Mini Fillies here in Sweden that is ending in a couple of days! If you want, I´ll try to win them for you! :hug:

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »
Yay!  Mini Fillies forever  <3 !!!

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »
MLPforever I had like, all of those as a child! The Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Rider ponies were my favorite! I wish I still had them (and in as nice condition as you do) because I literally thought they were the coolest thing ever. Well I still do, they're gorgeous!

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2013, 10:45:10 PM »
Aw thanks!  I sometimes wish that my Sunstar still had her horn...but the day she lost it to the Dragon King was one of the best days of play I ever had, as a kid.  My Dragon King has a mouth that opens and closes, and I literally had him lock his jaws around her horn and rip it off. 

*Sigh* Good times....good times.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2013, 02:01:32 AM »
Thanks Baby Mischief! :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal