collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Get rid of 50 things, part 2  (Read 6551 times)

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
Re: Get rid of 50 things, part 2
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »
I have some things that I think I might take to goodwill. I have had some Horse Illustrated Magazine listed for a while now and nothing.  And a few clothes.  Watching that Hoarding Buried Alive right now! WOW! Those are horrible places that them people live in!

:drunk: lol that show always makes me wanna clean! it also makes me proud that my house doesnt look like that....but then i see that stack of paper in the corner....and toys on the floor.... and freak out  :faint: "ahhh its starting!"

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2013, 08:53:42 PM »
31. Sold 2 old 1980's video game systems that have just been sitting in a box :) ship out probably Wednesday.

This weekend we plan to get rid of a bunch of stuff! Yay less and less clutter! Still lots to do...

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »
I've kind of fallen off the cleaning wagon for now...  :huh:

The weather has not been cooperating for me to get out and start going through my shed, and I need to get the shed tended to before I can get into the tack room (because there is stuff that has to move from the tack room into the shed, lol).  I also have a washer and dryer that need to move out of the barn but (despite having a horse farm) I haven't been able to convince my husband that we should really have a truck of our own, so I'm not sure when they'll be able to leave.

On a positive note, one of our catch-all rooms (hubby's office) has officially been transformed into a dual purpose room that serves as both a library/office AND a guest room!  Complete with a real bed (yes, I had an extra bed "laying around".  Long story with that one)!  All I need now is bedding for it and we're set!  I'm super proud of this room, as it had so much stuff in it that there was literally about four square feet of floor space for safely navigating in it and now (with the exception of two large bins of video game/electronic stuff that I'm still waiting for my husband to sort through), it's actually CLEAN!

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »
-1 Dress
-2 Crochet tops
-6 Books
-2 Pairs of socks
-3 Tops
-1 Pair of shorts
-1 Dance Skirt
-3 Comic Books
-1 Pin set
-1 Pony BB set

At 21 if I "cheat" and count each item as one...hahaha

Got rid of some more stuff today! Tiny dent.. my room still feels+looks like a disaster

-2 bottles of rancid oil
-5 camis
-1 stemware glass (not actually mine, but I was selling it for somebody and it has been sitting with my stuff)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2013, 03:58:59 PM »
Little bit helps! You feel good right, Katika? I placed three bags of things on free cycle today that should be picked up tomorrow, very happy to give away things
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »
32. Old rusty kids bike that's been sitting in my yard... Gone

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »
Four days left!

How's everyone doing?

I've added stuff, I've sold stuff, I've thrown stuff away...but I lost track!

Updating my original reply to see where I stand.

Gotta put the push on to get to 50!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:00:58 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
Get rid of 50 things, part 2
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »
Last push is this weekend a big pile of stuff going to the dump that I couldn't sell.
33. Chair
34. Couch
35. Baby swing
36. Bassinet
37. High chair
38. Crib sheets
39. Bouncer
40. Old tv
41. Tv center cabinet
42. Old VHS
43. VCR
44. Another DVD player
45. All my old study material I won't use again
46. A lamp we don't use
47. A stereo we somehow ended up with 3?
48. Glass bottles
49. A broken game system
50. Old cat tower

Plus a bunch more random stuff!!!
I did it I hit over 50!! And I feel awesome!!
Last push! Lets do this!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:00:08 PM by CrazyCatPony »

mickey

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2013, 09:21:35 PM »
I hope you guys do this next month again, I would do it!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2013, 08:37:43 AM »
I was kinda thinking we needed a part 3 :) It's always good to get rid of your stuff, and a push to get rid of some stuff to help others - usable coats, pants, etc, plus canned goods, household items, toys, etc that could help families around Christmas and the holiday could be part 3.

I bagged up some more books and

WE DID ALL OF OUR LAUNDRY. All of it. We have NEVER done all of it, and we did. It's so strange to realize we don't have to do laundry this weekend. Washed it all, hung, and put it away (the hardest task of laundry). We use a coin machine in our apartment so sometimes it's a hassle but yay!

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »
Did more tidying, and stuff is ready for donation... just need to do it :)

I got the tupperware lids organized (which used up some of the magazine holder things I've been holding on to).
We got our back storage room organized so we can get at things easier.
Slowly working on tidy up loose ends in the pony room.
Working through some of my bought-never-started or partially-started crafts.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2013, 09:34:23 AM »
^_^ I listed a whole boatload of stuff on ebay yesterday. I'm pretty excited about that. It took almost a whole day to take pictures, list, etc. I still have more things to list, but maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

I have had 5 items sell so far, and I don't have any packing supplies for that. *facepalm* So gotta run out to the store today to ship them.

I am sure I got rid of 50 things, I didn't want to count since I'd get obsessive about it. I have been actively pruning things! and NOT bringing new stuff in (except wool), so that feels good. :3 All thanks to this thread, because, maybe I wouldn't of done it if I didn't keep seeing this thread and thinking "yeah, I should get rid of more stuff".

I am hoping next weekend I can start organizing stuff. I mean, it's ok. But it could be so much better. I have a shelving/desk idea planned out for the spare bedroom. It'll be perfect for all my crafting stuff, and my husbands camera junk. It will also give us tons of storage space, and help the layout of the room. XD We just have to go to ikea to get stuff. [Our closet Ikea is 2+ hr away. T___T] XD And when I organize, it'll be another opportunity to get rid of more things. heh.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2013, 10:10:37 AM »
I have some things that I think I might take to goodwill. I have had some Horse Illustrated Magazine listed for a while now and nothing.  And a few clothes.  Watching that Hoarding Buried Alive right now! WOW! Those are horrible places that them people live in!

:drunk: lol that show always makes me wanna clean! it also makes me proud that my house doesnt look like that....but then i see that stack of paper in the corner....and toys on the floor.... and freak out  :faint: "ahhh its starting!"

I am the same way! I will put it on and stop it time to time and go clean something or get rid of something, I love the feeling of making my home clean and clutter free!  I limit what I buy but its very hard when it comes to ponies! :(

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2013, 11:15:57 AM »
Inspired to work in my kitchen, Kiwi!  I need to organize our lids and containers.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2013, 08:07:01 PM »

I am the same way! I will put it on and stop it time to time and go clean something or get rid of something, I love the feeling of making my home clean and clutter free!  I limit what I buy but its very hard when it comes to ponies! :(

Yep I'm the same way! I try not to bring too much in but ponies and MH seem to be taking over a room ...oops. But getting rid of some furniture that just collects clutter and replacing with shelves for ponies will help lol (although my hubby thinks not bringing home more ponies would help a lot LOL crazy right?!?)

We had a great time getting things outta the house today and taking it too the dump. 2 minivan loads today. The house feels so much cleaner!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal