collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So how come Hasbro hates green?  (Read 1778 times)

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: So how come Hasbro hates green?
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
I wonder what kind of sample size the focus groups give them. If there are children who like pinks and purples and children who like those but would also like to see more greens and blues but your group only includes the first catagory, then that will be your answer.

It comes up every time this kind of thread is made, but there is the element of how much little girls love pink vs. how much they are taught to like it because so much of limited choices.
I wonder, how did Lyra do with the kids, anyway? Cherry Berry and Sunny Rays were the two I saw left on the shelves the most here, but there is the adult fan factor.

The green pony vs. background thing makes sense to me, so I wouldn't expect a major character to be green, but I'd like to see them pop up in the toy line every now and then. I don't think Hasbro is majorly concerned with how the toys will look them they are older, given that they use a pink that fades, tinsel that goes all wierd and crinkley with styling and see-through ponies as late as G3 that are having plasticizer issues. (Sounds super harsh, but I think the toys are made more for the Now)
Green costing more in toys would make sense, but other companies manage with the green MH dolls, Zelfs and whatnot make me think that it might not be a big issue these days.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2013, 12:32:47 PM »
Good point about MH dolls.  It seems like monster crossovers are the rage and I don't think green is seen as a bad thing.  But we can't stop companies from sticking to stereotypes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »
I've heard that green-themed characters are often considered "weird" or "wacky" or somesuchthing. Maybe green-dominant characters end up being less marketable for some reason?

green mario.

but seriously, I have thought this same thing about green ponies
specially G4s

why can't they make a pony with a green like leaper? or mimic? or minty?
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal