collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro favouring Blind Bags // The future of G4 brushables  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro favouring Blind Bags // The future of G4 brushables
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »
Another thought has occurred to me: Often here on the Arena we say that Hasbro puts out way too many re-releases of the Mane 6 as brushables, and they just sit on the shelves while the new characters get bought right away. How many of us has said we won't buy our children (or ourselves) seven versions of Pinkie Pie just to get one with a new hat, dress, etc.?

But the blind bags are a perfect solution to that, aren't they? Hasbro can keep re-releasing the Mane 6 in each and every blind bag set, but they don't have to worry about them sitting on the shelf because parents will buy a couple bags without knowing what's inside. Sure the collectors go online and show the series numbers on the bags to each other so we can make sure to get the ones we want, but most of the people buying the blind bags are probably just buying them blind, as intended. Thus Hasbro doesn't have to worry about the general public passing up the Mane 6 and leaving them, to only go for the new characters.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
I do like the blind bags. They're cheap, cute, and easy to fit on shelves. But I also like the brushables since they're the bread and butter of MLP.

I am really sick of mane 6 releases. You'd think Hasbro would learn after the Core 7 snafu.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »
It seems to be a lose-lose scenario for us.  We buy repeats of the Main 6, they just make more of the same ponies.  We don't buy repeats of the Main 6, they don't make more brushables period.  There has to be some way to convince Hasbro making more brushable characters is the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:29:15 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »
Personally, I like the blind bags a whole lot better than the brushables because they don't have 'real' hair, they are small, their material is nice, and they are a lot of fun to collect. But I feel sorry for those of you who prefer the brushables. There truly are more blind bags popping up.

Pretty much exactly this. My kids prefer the blind bags!

LadyCadance

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 06:36:21 PM »
I feel like the blind bags out way the brush ables yes. Its easier for children to collect blind bags and store them as they don't take up as much room. Plus with all the blind bag poses already made it makes it much easier for hasbro to keep mass producing them. I find it disappointing when they keep producing the same mane six. Or you buy a set for a new pony and there is three mane six in the new set that you already have. I think if they plan to mass produce blind bags at least start making mini play-sets where kids or collects can display the blind bags in: flutter shots animal house, pinkie pie and the bakery, twilights library etc. The brush able ponies lack unique poses(same poses made over and over) and unique ponies in general( same colors made same ponies). I think eventually we will see more boy brush ables made. But the blind bags could be fooling me. I think hasbro is seeing what is making more money at this point. It's easier and cheaper to make a solid plastic model instead of a bigger brush able with nice accessories.

I think they are just being lazy about making new brush able poses. I'm curious if g4s will slowly die off after season 4. As more and more girls are into human like dolls. Toy making or collecting just isn't what it once was. Kids are more interested in technology than toys now a days. That will eventually impact the toy market and g4s.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:14 PM »
I like blind bags, but also like brushables wish they had more variety like the brushables especially boys! Anyways guys its all about the money, hasbro makes more on blindbags then brushables, why? They are cheaper, sell more of them faster. Why? Because the only ponies of the shelves are mane six over and over for brushables so they are not selling good at all. I think what people always forget to do is be specific, remember every time at comic con etc, people begging for boy ponies with questions. Well they gave us boy ponies, big mac, etc. You guys never said you wanted brushable or fashion style versions specifically.

For Sale Wants

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 07:47:50 PM »
I super duper love brushables!!! I have a couple blind bags, but some are from a set as a gift from a friend, so I keep them because I love her and I appreciate the thought, and the other is a custom made by Vampasaurus. She's my ponysona, and super cute.... but that's it. I'm big on brushing and stroking my ponies' hair.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »
I love the variety of the blind bags (although the limited poses are a bit tiresome).  However, the quality of the blind bags is not always great, and the quality of brushables tends to be better.  Also, because they're bigger than the BB's, the detail is more visible.  I prefer the brushables as collectibles, so I find it frustrating that there are dozens and dozens of super creative BB's that we don't have as brushables.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2013, 08:09:53 PM »
I love the variety of the blind bags (although the limited poses are a bit tiresome).  However, the quality of the blind bags is not always great, and the quality of brushables tends to be better.  Also, because they're bigger than the BB's, the detail is more visible.  I prefer the brushables as collectibles, so I find it frustrating that there are dozens and dozens of super creative BB's that we don't have as brushables.

Yeah I don't collect any recolors for blind bags unless they are male, or my favorites like lyra, and bon bon.

For Sale Wants

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 08:10:03 PM »
I like the BB ponies, but yeah, their appeal to me ends about 10 minutes after I get them set up on a shelf. They're really cute, and I do love them! ... but there's not much to 'do' with them beyond putting them on display and admiring them. D:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2013, 09:35:05 PM »
I second what VioletCLM said (sorry tried to quote you but couldn't). If you want hasbro to make new and unique brushables, then buy them. Make sure to buy the new collectors set from toys r us as soon as it comes out. Thats how hasbro knows to make more, to take chances on new molds. The first set seemed to be a shelf warmer at my local toys r us. It was a bit expensive, but not much can be done about that.
I literally bought 20 of Pinkie Pies to use as custom bait at one time and have bought many multiples of the mane 6 as custom bait, but honestly there's only so many you can buy of the mane 6 before you run out of customizing ideas on the same base. Plus that collectors set NEVER made it to Australia and I had to spend $100 AUD to be able to get a loose set of it, so how else am I supposed to show Hasbro that the lack of variety in brushables should be remedied?

The only new single pack character released this year was sunset shimmer, which is kind of sad for a line that was meant to be focused on brushables.

Issame

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »
My daughter loves the grab bag ponies, and as they're so moderately priced, I don't mind letting her snag some here and there.  For myself, I'm *so very over G4* that I'm not buying a single pony.  I'll just keep up with my G1-3 and wait for 5.  :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2013, 11:14:05 PM »
I am tired of them too. I really no longer buy them. I am tired of them pandering to fans of the show instead of making up new brushables. And I'm so sick of the main six. I can only see so much Pinkie Pie before I just wanna smack her, lol.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Wishing Well

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 12:02:10 AM »
I am sooo sick of frithing Pinkie Pie all over everything MLP related it's gah.
With The favorites set, the new baby ponies, Wysteria and hopefully Minty were getting some variety again. But more is needed.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 12:08:03 AM »
I agree that the blind bags overpowering the brushables is getting annoying. I usually end up buying them but man they seem like such a rip off to me. I mean you pay like what, $2 or $3 for one bling bag and around $5 or $6 for one of the brushables? I feel like i'm getting a lot more for my money with the actual toys but idk, maybe i just have a bias since that's what I've been buying for the past 9 years or so. I also hate how easy it is to mess up with the blind bags, no matter how organized I try to be I always end up with duplicates. Maybe I'm just a lazy collector but I really miss being able to walk into a store and just pick up what I needed without that much thinking that much about it.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal