collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SAHMs-has anyone gone back to school?  (Read 219 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
SAHMs-has anyone gone back to school?
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:31:33 AM »
I'm a stay-at-home mom and my son will be going to preschool next year. I'm thinking of going back to school for my teaching degree. I don't want to be on campus a lot though so I'm looking at online classes.
I'm a little nervous about the idea of classes and taking care of my kids and home. My family is my first priority and I don't want my kids to suffer. I know my husband will help but I can't help feeling anxious. Any other moms here go back to school? How was your experience? I need some encouraging stories!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: SAHMs-has anyone gone back to school?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 01:28:53 PM »
I haven't ( I was fortunate enough to finish both my bachelor's and master's degrees before having my children), but one of my friends went back to finish her MBA.  And she commuted to another state to do it!  At the time she only had one son, but she had to get on a plane every week!  It was only for one school year, but I sure did admire her commitment to finish.

I think if it's something you want to do, you should do it.  I don't think you will regret it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 01:38:20 PM »
I think that's very admirable. Keep in mind that if you're going for a teaching degree you can't, and probably really wouldn't want, to do all online courses. Online it's a great way to go for getting some of the basics out of the way, but you'll need in-classroom experience and then of course student teaching. Just something to keep in mind in your consideration :)

That said, I know a lot of moms who have gone back to school and have made it work. It's a great decision and certainly worth looking into!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 05:47:24 PM »
Best of luck! You can do it!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 10:06:28 AM »
*nod*  just remember youre going to be out in the field as part of our classes, and that's going to take up a lot of your time.  But you shouldn't be afraid--and im sure it will all work out :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal