collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rearraging all my ponies!  (Read 382 times)

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Rearraging all my ponies!
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:15:15 AM »
So since today is my furlough day (thanks Congress) I decided it would be a great idea to rearrange my ponies. NOT SUCH A GOOD IDEA!! AHHH! I am completely overwhelmed with all of them. I decided I was going to rearrange the ponies by year of release which caused me to completely take apart the entire area where they are. Now I'm in the process of sorting them first by generation, then sorting them by pony to determine any duplicates, and then by how I want them displayed. I'm done with every generation but the G3s! There are simply too many! I have shopping bags full of them to go through... it's crazy. I have lost all motivation to even finish them today. But I'm going to go and force myself to finish because I know once I'm done it will be worth it and maybe I'll finally be happy with how my ponies are arranged.

Thanks for the little time to vent ;)

autojoy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rearraging all my ponies!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »
ARRANGE ALL THE PONIES!

It'll definitely be worth it once you finish! Try listening to music, or an audiobook perhaps, to keep you going? :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »
I love when I get that same great idea to rearrange my girls. I always seem to peter out half way through too. I then have a bigger mess than what I started with.  :freak:

You can do it though!!! Just keep plugging away! Maybe grab some bubbly  :wine: 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
I'm rooting for you!  I know it's hard work and I've gotten discouraged halfway through a job before.  Do you have anyone who would be willing to help out?  I've often found that when Mom helps me with organizing, I get more done.  She goes through and says "Where does this go" and keeps me focused.  That and loud music helps me.  And caffeinated beverages and sugar.  Yep, those always help.  Good luck, I know you can do it.  You should show us the pics of the finished product. :)
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 11:58:54 AM »
Good luck, and I hope you post some pics of your collection when you are done!  :biggrin:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 12:40:39 PM »
How many ponies do you have in your collection?  You can always take a break and come back.

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 12:54:15 PM »
I'm still plugging away at it! G1 and G2 are done. Now comes G3! EEEK!! I was trying to get it done before my husband got home but that's not going to happen!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! :) I'll for sure share some pics on this thread when I (finally) finish!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
You are a brave lady! :)

I manage about 4 or 5 shelves at best...and then I need a break!

I agree make sure you interrupt your day enough that it does not become monotonous - although we all love ponies sometimes you need a little break :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 06:20:08 PM »
I stopped after 10 shelves because my husband got home and we had errands to run. So it looks like a pony massacre happened in my "other collections" room. G3s everywhere with the poor G3.5s and G4s in bags. My goal is to finish this weekend. I'll have to do a final head count when I'm done putting them all away-- no idea how many I have. But I purged out every single one of my doubles so I'll have tons to sell soon!

My husband said he was going to hang some shelves in there too :) So more room for my ponies. On a side note my ponies are in a walk in closet in what one day (not any time soon- lol) will probably be the baby room! Maybe one day I'll be able to get rid of some of my care bears so my care bears and ponies can co-exist in my loft :D

:frolic:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:23:08 PM by nessy_86 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal