collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.  (Read 164183 times)

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they're way too cute.
« Reply #376 on: January 02, 2014, 07:11:26 PM »

Anyone else trying to complete the first wave of Lil' Zelfs? I've got the following up for trade:

standard: Howlette, Buttershy (x2), Elfa, Angelala, Lunanne, Pega Sue, Mermalade

pearl: Garny (x2), Spellinda, Elfa, Lil' D

glitter: Lil' D (x2), Garny, Mermalade

The ones I am looking for are in my sig. :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 03, 2014, 12:41:09 AM »
Aww DaintyDalek, I'm sorry I can't help, I looove trading little things through the mail btu I don't like how the Small Zelfs look, so I'm just collecting the Mediums. But hopefully someone else is collecting the Smalls and can help you out! :D
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Pop!Star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 03, 2014, 09:15:31 AM »
I love my Zelfs! I almost have the compete first set. I'm missing Flamy, Lil' D, Buttershy, and Garny. Garny is the only one I want though out of those four!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 03, 2014, 01:01:39 PM »
Someone posted the flyer and it seems there are actually 9 large ones this time around. As well as 12 medium ones as well as the playset one and the special rare one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leeloominai_/11738670734/
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 03, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »
Dragonflitter: Totally understandable! I think they look a little more like treasure trolls in the mini size.. think it's the beady eyes. But for some reason I got hooked on the minis too.

Lots more boys in this upcoming wave!

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 05, 2014, 10:35:06 PM »
Is there an official release date for the US?

Offline Pop!Star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Re: Zelfs! Ohmygosh they\'re way too cute.
« Reply #382 on: January 06, 2014, 05:44:20 AM »
Just talked to the Zelfs Facebook page!!

Not only is there a S2 coming out, but there's also a S3!!

Post Merge: January 06, 2014, 04:01:45 PM

OMG reading some bios of the new Zelfs, and they do not have some Zelfs living in a TreePee, I know it's supposed be a play on the word tipi, but did you have to spell it like "pee"!?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:01:45 PM by Pop!Star »

Tararawr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2014, 08:56:21 AM »
Exciting! I can't wait for them to be released here. I am in LOVE with Birchy!!

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2014, 02:32:44 PM »
Hey UK people, I spotted new large-sized zelfs in Asda today! Anybody else found new ones yet? Definitely remember seeing Catsby and Lochlan there.
Unfortunately I haven't seen medium wave 2's anywhere yet, but I bet they'll turn up soon too! I hope so! I only want to collect the medium ones.

Oh, I also got Spellinda today. I looooove her colour.
(She seems to have a normal solid head, by the way. I think squishy-headed Flamy probably was just an error.)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »
Where are these at Walmart? I found one the other day sitting in the middle of the Barbie aisle that someone put down, but I tried to look for its spot, but I couldn't find any more. What toys are they usually near? I'm guessing they're in the girls' section, but I've never seen them when checking for MLP, MH or EAH.

Now that I think of it, I don't believe I've seen them at Target yet, either.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:35:49 AM by ShortyBoo »

Tararawr

« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2014, 11:43:37 AM »
I have never seen them at Target. My local Walmart is weird with them too. They will carry them sometimes, but the employees never know what or where they are. Every now and then, I will find one hanging out in a random toy aisle alone and a few times, I found them in groups haphazardly placed in the clearance aisle, but they are never marked down.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »
Weird. Everytime I go to TRU (which is maybe once every few months when I visit relatives) they seem to have a big section of them, so I thought Walmart would have a bunch, too. The one I found there wasn't one of the ones I wanted, so I left it there.

SydneyGrey

« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2014, 07:44:36 AM »
Where are these at Walmart? I found one the other day sitting in the middle of the Barbie aisle that someone put down, but I tried to look for its spot, but I couldn't find any more. What toys are they usually near? I'm guessing they're in the girls' section, but I've never seen them when checking for MLP, MH or EAH.
Now that I think of it, I don't believe I've seen them at Target yet, either.
Not all Walmarts carry them, and the Targets in the United States don't carry them at all (at least not yet).  Of the 3 Walmarts in my area, only one carries Zelfs.  They are in the same aisle as the Monster High dolls in that store. The Toys R Us in my town has a huge display of Zelfs!  They must be selling fairly well. 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2014, 03:06:57 AM »
In the United States, Walmart and TRU and Amazon.com are the only ones licensed to carry Zelfs for right now. You might occasionally see them in other small stores but I assume those stores order them off Amazon.com. (For example I see a couple in the toys section of my local bookstore, Books-A-Million.)

TRU has their own section for them, and when I talk to employees they know what they are (in fact my local TRU employees know all about how Clover is the rare one because they talk to me about how people always come in to look for that one lol). I have 5 Walmart stores within a couple hour drive of my house, and of those 5 only 1 carried Zelfs that I ever saw. And like other people here mentioned, they usually are found in some random place rather than having their own 'spot' on any shelf.

Anyway I came to post pictures!! I worked up the nerve and did my very first taobao.com order to get some Zelfs from China, and here they are!! ^___^ (Sorry my phone camera is so sucky.)

First here's Tressa! I was very excited to buy her for cheap and not have to buy the whole playset (although the playsets for Zelfs are ADORABLE, I just don't have the room in my house to display them). Her hair came like that out of the package from China so I kept it. XD It's very great hairstyle!

Next up here's Ribbita, the series 2 playset Zelf! I think it would have been more cute and a little more frog-like if they hadn't included a nose on the head sculpt, but that's okay, she's still quite cute. And this way I saved myself another $20+ on the playset.

And here's her back. My favorite thing about Zelfs is looking for additional cute little paint jobs all over their bodies, and it looks like the series 2 Zelfs won't disappoint! Ribbita has some spots on her shoulders, with the middle one shaped like a heart, and on her butt she has a dark green spot shaped like a croaking frog. (Sorry the picture didn't come out too well.)

And last but not least, the Chinese seller had a bunch of Frankenstein Zelfs that had different wings than they were supposed to, or had wings missing. (I remember there was a Vampula with Buttershy's pink wings, a Lunanne with no wings, and Pegasu with pink Buttershy wings.) I saw the seller also had a Clover with no shamrock wings and since I felt bad for the little girl, I bought her!

And here you can see the wings attach to the back of the toy with just one little prong that sticks into the Zelf's back (and is glued in, I assume)

I don't know what I'm going to do with Wingless Clover just yet. I already have two of my own, thanks to a trade with Zombelina here. ^_^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal