collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TAF-style pony: Thousand Cranes (Pic heavy? Maybe? Definitely rainbow-heavy)  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
Okay, so she doesn't actually have a thousand cranes on her.  More like forty-four.  Anyway, here she is.  She is very colorful:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is my fourth custom and certainly the most elaborate I've done so far.  I don't want to say how long she took me to complete, because it's embarrassing, but suffice to say that the majority of her cranes are about the size of my thumbnail.  She is painted freehand with acrylics and sealed for protection.  Rehaired in nylon from DH, something like 14 colors.  I wanted a RAINBOW pony, damnit. :cool:  She has pearlized pins in her hair, along with two origami crane hairpins which were hand sculpted with Fixit from Aves Studio (this is my first time putting any kind of sculpting on a pony, so I figured I'd start small.)  Her eyes and hairpins are also sealed with a glossy coat.

Sorry for the ridiculous number of pics; she has a lot of...well, sides.  Thanks so much everybody for looking!  Your pony love means the world to me. :D

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
OMG I'm totally in looooooove
she's AMAZING!!! love the colors and the cranes in her hair
great eyes and paint job
are you selling her?

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Thrice

• I drop science.
    • View Profile
Wow thankyouthankyouthankyou!  No, not selling I'm afraid.  This is going to sound silly, but I actually made her to remind myself that the world is a pretty place and I should be happy.  So at the moment she'll be living on my night stand, making my bedroom a bit more colorful. :)

Offline Darkhorse

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Customizing Crazzzyyynesssss
    • View Profile
    • www.darkhorsecustommylittleponies.com
Okay, so she doesn't actually have a thousand cranes on her.  More like forty-four.  Anyway, here she is.  She is very colorful:

This is my fourth custom and certainly the most elaborate I've done so far.  I don't want to say how long she took me to complete, because it's embarrassing, but suffice to say that the majority of her cranes are about the size of my thumbnail.  She is painted freehand with acrylics and sealed for protection.  Rehaired in nylon from DH, something like 14 colors.  I wanted a RAINBOW pony, damnit. :cool:  She has pearlized pins in her hair, along with two origami crane hairpins which were hand sculpted with Fixit from Aves Studio (this is my first time putting any kind of sculpting on a pony, so I figured I'd start small.)  Her eyes and hairpins are also sealed with a glossy coat.

Sorry for the ridiculous number of pics; she has a lot of...well, sides.  Thanks so much everybody for looking!  Your pony love means the world to me. :D

Is she for sale?? because I must have her.... my Sister in law who just got married today is obsessed with origami cranes...please PM me if she is available ;)

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
She looks wonderful! Would never know she's only your 4th custom. Great job. And I loooove her hair!

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
You're ridiculous. Your talent is ridiculous. Those rainbows are ridiculous. WHY DOES THIS PONY NOT LIVE IN MY HOUSE?!?!

*steals*

amazing.

Offline Thrice

• I drop science.
    • View Profile

Is she for sale?? because I must have her.... my Sister in law who just got married today is obsessed with origami cranes...please PM me if she is available ;)

Oh my gosh, thank you so much!  I am super flattered. :blush:  At the moment she's not for sale, I'm so sorry!  I may consider selling in the future but it probably won't be for a while.  Thank you so much though!

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
WOAH!  Where did you come from???  :lol: I haven't seen any of your other three customs and you show up with this.  Seriously, your talent is amazing!!!  ;) The eyes are painted masterfully and are so lovely, not to mention your skillful crane painting, gorgeous hair blend and adorable crane sculpting!!!  I really hope we get to see more customs from you and I third the idea that if you ever wanted to sell this one, I would be right there waving my $$$ in your face, lol.  Great work! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Tulip

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
I had to enlarge the photos so much because HOLY NUTS THAT PAINTING DETAIL
Good lord! No wonder you don't want to sell her just yet! I'd be attached to such a meticulously painted pony as well. You can seriously see the time and skill gone into her, and it makes her shine.
I seriously look forward to your other creations!
Back after a 6+ year hiatus!

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
Wow!  Absolutely beautiful!  The details are astounding, and the colors are gorgeous!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
You're ridiculous. Your talent is ridiculous. Those rainbows are ridiculous. WHY DOES THIS PONY NOT LIVE IN MY HOUSE?!?!

*steals*
amazing.

Yep, this is me...
:socks:   :frog:

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
I really love the colors and her hair!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline ViciousJupiter

• Trade Count: (+167)
  • OOooOO Shiney!
    • View Profile
    • Vicious Studios
Gorgeous work! The colors and detail are amazing. I absolutely cant wait to see more from you
~Feel free to remind me to leave you feedback!  I'm forgetful!~

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
 :dropjaw: I just... she's... you're.. I.... WOW! I love her! The cranes are so bold yet delicate, and I think the way you layered the images is really nice. Phenomenal job.

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Fantastic work and detail- she is amazing  :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal