collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever had buyers remorse?  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever had buyers remorse?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 08:50:47 AM »
I have it over that WeLoveFine figure.  >_<

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 08:56:39 AM »
For me, my buyer's remorse usually hits right before I send off Paypal charges, go figure.  I almost *always* buy in large lots, so it's not uncommon for me to drop $70+ on ponies in one go, and when I type the number in, I just sit there for a second and thing "Dang!  I could do a lot with that money!"  But then there's the giddy little girl in me, clapping her hands, saying "Yeah!  Like buy these ponies!"  And then I hit send and it's done.

I think it's kind of a normal reaction whenever you're spending money to kind of feel bad about it.  Now that we're in the mostly debit and credit card age (as opposed to cash and check), it's easier to kind of half-ignore bigger charges, say, when you're getting groceries.  It's SO much easier to just swipe a card than to count out bills or *write* how much you're spending.  I think that's what gets me the most, is the artificial distance that we've psychologically put between us and our finances on a regular basis.

Either way, if the pony will make you happy, don't worry about it.  I spent too much on my Mimic when I first got her, but I *adore* her. 

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 09:00:43 AM »
I've had that...paid what I thought was a decent price and then found out it was too much :(

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »
I think we've all had buyers remorse at somepoint, espeically if we end up overpaying for something. I tend to get over it pretty quickly, especially when the pony shows up.

I don't think cancelling the purchase, as has been suggested is fair on the seller though and nor is asking them for a goodwill guesture because you now wish you hadn't bought it or paid so much, it's not the seller's fault.

Sometimes you take risks that in retrospect were not the greatest. In my case- buying one of those black haired Pinkies from Taobao- only to have them come out at Target for $2 less...  I felt a little silly then, but that's the risk I took. 

I agree with Sarah-Bee that trying to back out of a transaction or ask for a discount is not a great idea, nor would it be fair to the seller.

There is really nothing more annoying on the arena or on ebay- as when someone agrees to buy something or wins an auction-  and then changes their mind because they realize they didn't actually want to PAY for it- they just wanted to win it.   -_-

Yep, there's a reason eBay has a system for reporting non-paying bidders.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 09:12:38 AM »
Yep. We all do at some point. Except in my case I overpaid hundreds too much to a known scammer. Thankfully, I've realised that in this market, I've been able to regain some of my money, and haven't overspent too much! :)

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 09:16:47 AM »
YES! I felt like Ive done something terribly wrong, hahaha.. Its very challenging trying to control temptations from wanting all these cutsey things!

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 09:23:31 AM »
I've had it, on one purchase in particular...   But as soon as I had that pony I'd been waiting for in my hands, it didn't matter anymore.  I was just so happy to have her that I didn't care that I KNEW I'd paid a bit more than I should have.

More often than not.... I have it on clothes, though.... LOL!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 09:43:09 AM »
This has happened (or will happen) to everyone at some point. There's nothing you can do about it now, so just enjoy your purchase! :)

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 10:56:01 AM »
I think we've all had buyers remorse at somepoint, espeically if we end up overpaying for something. I tend to get over it pretty quickly, especially when the pony shows up.

I don't think cancelling the purchase, as has been suggested is fair on the seller though and nor is asking them for a goodwill guesture because you now wish you hadn't bought it or paid so much, it's not the seller's fault.

^This.  Just read through some of the comments on this thread and I'm shocked that cancelling the purchase due to buyer remorse is being suggested!  I could see asking for some sort of partial refund or returning the item if the pony were seriously misrepresented, but if it's as described or has perhaps only a teeny tiny flaw, I'd say chalk it up to a learning experience and if you're that unhappy with the pony as time goes on, try to resell it to someone else.  Often I find with ponies I get that way, particularly if they're HTF/rare, it doesn't lessen my love for it.

It's not the seller's fault if the buyer decides after winning or paying for the item that they spent too much money on it.  This has happened to me a TON on eBay within the past few months and it's getting old.  This didn't used to happen so often.  I think it's important for people to remember that Internet dollars = real dollars and bid/make offers accordingly.

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 10:59:46 AM »
I haven't had this problem yet. Then again, I don't really collect many g1's or have a need to have a complete collection.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 11:33:31 AM »
Yes, is common for collectors , is a want tricked into a need LOL so we are on the edge of overpaying  to get the Ponies we want....errrr  NEED!!:) LOL

Money needs management always ,is so easy to get lost on the collecting and overlook it:(
I was thinking i was getting a break a few months ago, but now  we are overloaded with so many new things :)

I still NEED  the TRU exclusives....

:)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 11:52:22 AM »
Not remorse as such for buying the pony but perhaps paying so much and seeing a better deal later. In collecting it's easy to overpay especially on things like ebay. I love all of my collection (though some a bit more than others) and when there is a pony i really want i do sometimes pay a bit much though to be fair I don't think i've ever seriously overpaid for anything as yet.

I suppose it's all part of the need/desire for the pony. If you want it that much you'll pay for it.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

GoodyGumdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »
I haven't had this problem yet. Then again, I don't really collect many g1's or have a need to have a complete collection.

Same here. The majority of the ponies I have are left over from my childhood (g1s) or ponies that I physically bought in a store myself (g2s and g3s). There are maybe a handful of g3s I've bought online, those were mostly through the original retailers and a few off of Ebay (ponies that were not coming to my area). I'd say half my g4 collection is B&M store bought and the other half online sales, mostly through normal online retailers.

As for overpaying...if its a pony that is not available in my area (like con exclusive, foreign stuff) and I only "overpaid" $5 or $10 what it would of cost retail, I don't sweat it. Heck, it would probably cost me more in gas to drive from store to store in my area! As for resellers...I don't mind paying a little bit extra to have someone do my hunting for me. However, I also believe there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between reselling for a bit of profit to fund a hobby and just plain old SCALPING. Fellow pony and toy hobbyists I don't mind supporting, scalpers who pick the stores clean I'm not cool with.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:00:33 PM by GoodyGumdrop »

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 12:56:45 PM »
Yes I've overpaid and felt bad about it. But like others said its easy to do when you're collecting and 99% of the time you'll feel to a better when you get pony in hand. You'll fall back in love with her...and if not give it some time if you still don't love her then you can always re sell.
Good luck :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 12:59:34 PM »
Hmmm...I think I have had remorse after receiving an item and it not being in the condition I had thought but that's more due to a disappointing transaction [whether it be me taking a gamble on an auction or a poorly described pony from a seller] its not remorse at adding another pony to my collection. 

But I certainly think having it for any reason is perfectly normal. It is most likely something you will quickly get over but if it is not then I would simply suggest selling the pony on. That seems fairest for original seller and for you.

I should also point I am one of the biggest over spenders you will come across...so I have a lot I should perhaps be a little :blush: about but I just think nah, as long as I can afford it at the time...lets just live, love and pony on.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal