collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Craigslister won't ship, Chesire CT - Anyone up for a Mission?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
Re: Craigslister won't ship, Chesire CT - Anyone up for a Mission?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 08:22:07 AM »
For another perspective... I have someone doing the same to me, but I'm the seller.   

Maybe she really doesn't want to deal with you if you've been sending her emails multiple times a day for an answer.  For everyone's safety, Craigslist and the other sites make it very very clear, it's a  "local classified, pay in-person, with cash".   If this person emailed me to tell me they had a middleman lied up, I really would be concerned about stalking. :(
I think this too if she does not respond to your emails. I know its maddening to feel so close yet so far away. Maybe you could change it up and have a local person from here contact her and try to buy the set with maybe one other set just to make it look like its not a person that you know  and has no connection with. This is the route I would go even if it meant buying a little more than you wanted to. I guess it just depends on how bad you want this set. In the end I hope it all works out in your favor. 
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 08:30:10 AM »
For another perspective... I have someone doing the same to me, but I'm the seller.   

Maybe she really doesn't want to deal with you if you've been sending her emails multiple times a day for an answer.  For everyone's safety, Craigslist and the other sites make it very very clear, it's a  "local classified, pay in-person, with cash".   If this person emailed me to tell me they had a middleman lied up, I really would be concerned about stalking. :(

Yes I have to say that millions of emails would really concern me too.  If someone has told you no and you are still writing they may be nervous.  I agree with the post above mine that suggested you have someone buy the entire lot so as not to tip them off its for you. I would do that if I wanted something badly enough. I had to help someone get a doll where the seller would no longer deal with them because of the constant emails she sent. I sent one email, she sold me the doll in ten minutes and I sent it to my friend.  I wouldn't send anymore mail to this CL seller.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Pretty in Pink

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »
Thank you all for your comments, very well taken.  I like the suggestion of having someone else contacting her, and perhaps adding another piece to the purchase to attempt to hide the connection.  She NEVER told me NO, she told me YES and gave me a price for just that item.  She even went on to say that if anyone else DOES call her on this lot, she will inform them that the guppy set is no longer included with the lot.

Perhaps she just wants to stick with our original plan....which was for me to drive a few hours away to meet her son on an interstate highway when he drives a few hours closer someday in August (doesn't sound so promising). 

I will refrain from sending emails (I know it's stalker like, I'd hate it too)...I'm just afraid that once you do that....it will die completely.  I'm thinking maybe I should keep in touch like every two or three days, just to keep the candle burning! 

I am curious though what she would say to a new inquiry...perhaps I will look closer into that as well. 

Thank again for all the intelligent input...sometimes you definitely need to hear it from another perspective.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »
Oh okay, I guess I just took her lack of returning emails as an indication that she was not willing to do business with you after all since you wanted it mailed.  That is what I meant by no but that was my doofus choice for a word since that isn't really accurate. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Pretty in Pink

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »
It is definitely NOT Doofus!  You are, actually, completely 100 % accurate in that she did indeed say NO to mailing the item to me.  I enjoyed hearing about your experience.  I know how desperate one can be to get what they want, and I know that not EVERYONE is "cool"....there are some sensitive/touchy people out there...and you just never know what your gonna get on the other side.  I do agree about stopping the emails. 

I sent one of our members, who offered to help me, an email suggesting the "undercover" contact option.  If this Craiglister tells  our "undercover" buyer that the Guppy Set is not available.....I can live with that I guess.  Then I would make the assumption she is indeed holding it for my grand road trip, yay!

I will keep y'all posted!  I did not think this task would take this much effort....geesh! 

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »
As someone who leans towards a more cautious direction than anything else, herself...  Will you please tell me that you plan on bringing someone with you on this "grand road trip" for your guppies?  It does sound to me like the seller might be a little uncomfortable, since she said she's sending her son to meet you, but that fact also would make *me* a little uncomfortable.  I mean, I realize that the odds are super good that everything is going to be fine and all, but I just worry about this kind of thing...

Good luck with your guppies!!!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 04:33:07 AM »
You still haven't got your guppies? :(
I'm a regular checker of this thread, I always like happy endings, but I'm sad to hear you haven't got them yet :( x

Pretty in Pink

Re: Craigslister won\'t ship, Chesire CT - Anyone up for a Mission?
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 08:08:17 PM »
Hi

Well I do agree and appreciate the Safety precautions, and I admit at times I can certainly be naïve.  Hmmmm probably...yes, I would have gone alone...but ONLY IF, it were closer.  However, I don't think I'd be able to leave the confines of my Husband for that length of time, so I was forced to fill him in on all this nonsense I created. 

The Seller told me his/her Son and his Girlfriend are planning to buy a house closer toward me, and so this is essentially how the grand "Road Trip" plan was implemented.  I have not emailed the Seller in a several days, nor has Seller emailed me.  I PM'd two members who are in the Sellers area, and offered to help, to see if they wanted to go "undercover", but I have yet to receive a response.

I'm TRYING not to give up, but.......

Post Merge: August 09, 2013, 08:29:05 AM

You still haven't got your guppies? :(
I'm a regular checker of this thread, I always like happy endings, but I'm sad to hear you haven't got them yet :( x

Nope, no guppies yet  :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:29:05 AM by Pretty in Pink »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal