collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Could someone be trolling me on ebay?  (Read 2137 times)

Offline lovebeam

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Could someone be trolling me on ebay?
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:22:12 PM »
I have listed this item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271239648233?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649
twice now and both times it was a new person with zero or low feedback and both times after they won the auction they went NARU and ebay had to refund my FVF. What gives?
2,2 2 names in one! Lovebeam @ Cobralily
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone be trolling me on ebay?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 03:51:12 AM »
That's definitely strange lovebeam. It's truly hard to say what their intentions were.

But if I were you for the time being I would probably start canceling "0" feedback bidders. I would also set your Buyer Requirements, although it will not block zero feedback bidders it will block them if they do not have a Paypal account, have unpaid items already reported on their account and a few others. It's worth it in the long run.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 04:01:31 AM »
Weird! :blink:  it  *might* be someone trolling I guess, or it could be that you've had an unfortunate run with a couple of ebay time wasters in a row. Either way, I'd take Ponylady's advice and block/cancel zero feedback bidders.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 11:27:22 AM »
I would do what ponylady suggests. I have my buyer requirements to block people with unpaid buyer cases, and if they buy from me and do not pay, I put them on my block list.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »
Could be a troll-  or someone with a vendetta.  Also could just be flakes- there are a lot of them on ebay.

I noticed that trolls AND flakes are way less likely to cause problems when you have a BIN.  It takes the fun away for them for some reason.

Good luck!

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 10:34:50 AM »
The exact same thing happened to me with an SSC item!  I've relisted it for the third (and quite possibly final) time but I've required immediate payment as a BIN.  I've never had that happen with any other item, but twice on this same one...

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »
The exact same thing happened to me with an SSC item!  I've relisted it for the third (and quite possibly final) time but I've required immediate payment as a BIN.  I've never had that happen with any other item, but twice on this same one...
I vaguely remember hearing something on here last year sometime where there was an Ebay seller that would use the BIN option on SSC items and then not pay.  Doing so would tie up your items for at least a week while you wait for a case to be opened and resolved, giving her less competition when selling her own items.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »
All I know is I've gone through so much headache with this SSC stuff that I just want it out of my sight!  I'm about to add it to my sales thread here and hopefully will have more luck getting rid of it that way.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 12:04:10 PM »
I vaguely remember hearing something on here last year sometime where there was an Ebay seller that would use the BIN option on SSC items and then not pay.  Doing so would tie up your items for at least a week while you wait for a case to be opened and resolved, giving her less competition when selling her own items.

Yikes-  I hadn't heard of that- how terrible.   

The Strawberry Shortcake community has been battling someone for years that has opened up hundreds if not thousands of new IDs- she bids on all of the more expensive or hard to find items- and never pays.  She'll do it repeatedly - and always enters a bid at the last second so that the seller can't block the ID.   I'm pretty sure she's still around.  She tends to be less willing to do this with BIN stuff, which is why I suggested it.   

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »
She is definitely still around causing grief for sellers, I have dealt with it for over 3yrs now myself, I list all of my items as a buy it now with immediate payment required for SSC items usually now. I have tried to do an auction a few times for some of my more expensive items and every single time they are bid up to the hilt by a (0) bidder and they don't get paid for. I have heard from other SSC sellers that is suspected that it is a SSC seller that is doing it to boost her own sales. Because coincidentally....this never seems to happen to her when she sells an item, but it happens to a lot of other sellers :( I don't know for sure either way but I don't really sell much SSC anymore because of it :( Which is definitely boosting her sales because a lot of sellers are tired of the problems and are also not selling as much. I had one of the SSC power sellers on ebay try to scam me on Etsy also so she could resell my items on ebay for 3 times more, she is a very dishonest person so I blocked her on ebay....I don't want to accuse anyone but it is a hard coincidence to ignore and she definitely shady... I stay away from her.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 02:52:09 AM »
Omg..I can't believe how many people have been affected by the SSC bandit. And what further worries me is EBay's lack of doing anything about it, if it has been happening for years  :mad: Surely, it has been reported numerous times.

Does anyone know the sellers ID for which whom they believe is doing it? It makes you almost want to open a dummy account and return the favor to her.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 04:00:59 PM »
Omg..I can't believe how many people have been affected by the SSC bandit. And what further worries me is EBay's lack of doing anything about it, if it has been happening for years  :mad: Surely, it has been reported numerous times.

Does anyone know the sellers ID for which whom they believe is doing it? It makes you almost want to open a dummy account and return the favor to her.

She has so many many IDs that it is truly impossible to keep track of them all (at least the new ones)- and it appears she knows how to scramble or change her IP address.  She also appears to have a three or four IDs that she builds up good feedback with-  and uses as a seller account, or to buy things that she actually wants (which she even sometimes pays for).  I don't know the current ones, but some old ones include Magicforesttreasures and berryprincess.  More recently she seems to be using ID names that are VERY close to the user names of some of the long-standing trusted SSC folks... 

So we know she is someone who watches the boards and the facebook groups.  We also know she has come to at least a few Strawberry Shortcake conventions.  This is kind of scary for some- because she has a reputation for jealous, retaliatory internet stalking that can go on for years. So nobody wants to antagonize her- and really can do nothing but report her activities to ebay who repeatedly does nothing.

We also don't think that she is necessarily doing it just to drive up her own sales- it really appears that she is mentally unstable and just can't help herself.  I think she is obsessed with bidding because she generally does not use the BIN- even though that would cause just as many problems if she did.  Anyway- sorry for the long rant, but she has really caused a chill in Strawberry Shortcake collecting/trading/selling/buying.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
I just looked and it appears that her id is no longer registered.  She could not have closed it that fast as there is a 90 day window when you close an account so I wonder if it was closed for her....?  Sorry if someone else mentioned this. I didn't read through the thread.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »
Wow maybe it is Lexi, the drama pony from here....kind of the same sounding stories.... :scared:
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 08:33:54 PM »

She has so many many IDs that it is truly impossible to keep track of them all (at least the new ones)- and it appears she knows how to scramble or change her IP address.  She also appears to have a three or four IDs that she builds up good feedback with-  and uses as a seller account, or to buy things that she actually wants (which she even sometimes pays for).  I don't know the current ones, but some old ones include Magicforesttreasures and berryprincess.  More recently she seems to be using ID names that are VERY close to the user names of some of the long-standing trusted SSC folks... 

So we know she is someone who watches the boards and the facebook groups.  We also know she has come to at least a few Strawberry Shortcake conventions.  This is kind of scary for some- because she has a reputation for jealous, retaliatory internet stalking that can go on for years. So nobody wants to antagonize her- and really can do nothing but report her activities to ebay who repeatedly does nothing.

We also don't think that she is necessarily doing it just to drive up her own sales- it really appears that she is mentally unstable and just can't help herself.  I think she is obsessed with bidding because she generally does not use the BIN- even though that would cause just as many problems if she did.  Anyway- sorry for the long rant, but she has really caused a chill in Strawberry Shortcake collecting/trading/selling/buying.

I thought I had an idea at one point of who it might be, does anyone know her real name or where she is from? ebay needs to get this figured out because no one should feel they have that kind of power to mess with people for no reason like that,it is so unfair to buyers and sellers :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal