collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is what I'm looking for, hard to find...opinion?  (Read 1314 times)

Pretty in Pink

• Trade Count: (0)
Is what I'm looking for, hard to find...opinion?
« on: July 29, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »
Hi.....

I had a posting today for a few littlest pet shop items I'm looking for, they are:

SUPPERTIME GUPPYS
SWEET SWIMMY FISH FRIENDS

I didn't get any responses, so.....

I wanted to ask the experts here, if you know how difficult these items are to get?  I found one on Craigslist, but the Woman does not want to ship! 

I recently missed both of these on ebay (on two separate occasions) because of my own fault so I'm kind of beating myself up for it.

I'm not sure what the frequency of these appearing on ebay is since you can only view about a month of history in eBays completed listings.

So what can you tell me, am I wishful thinking....will I ever find these items?

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
Re: Is what I'm looking for, hard to find...opinion?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:21:31 PM »
Personally, I believe these two sets to be rare and high in price because of that. Have you tried the Kenner Forums? kennerlittlestpetshop.com/

yes.. Its probably best to grab sets when you see them. LPS can be very challenging to hunt down for! Good luck. I'm sure these sets will pop up if your patient enough. :P

Pretty in Pink

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
Thanks. I really had no idea so I really needed to hear it from others.  I was getting a bad feeling that this was gonna be a challenge. I guess that's why I'm so angry with myself because I missed 2 seperate opportunitys to have both for just under 10.00 each because of my own stupidity. I was also new to the whole search and guess I didn't realize at that time, just what a gold mine I had found. I have tried the Kenner forums, but the administrators never got back to me with an approval.

I'm trying to be patient, but the more time that goes by, the more frustrated I get about messing up on those 2 I keep mentioning.

I wish that lady on Craigslist would ship...but she has just completely stopped replying to my emails.  She replied once initially....that was it.

Thank you so very much for your feedback, that's all I wanted....just someone to confirm my gut feeling.

Have a Great Evening!

sarafina

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:58:37 AM »
The Suppertime Guppies set is on the rare side, but the Sweet Swimmy Fish Friends do tend to pop up relatively often.  Don't lose hope - all of these sets will come around again!  You could probably expect to pay around $25-30 for the Sweet Swimmy Fish Friends and around $45-50 for the Suppertime Guppies.

The Kenner LPS Forum tends to get hit by a LOT of spam registrations, so sometimes new folks end up falling through the cracks.  I'm not a moderator there, but if you'd like to PM me or reply here with the username you registered with, I can forward that to the mods & make sure you get approved asap. :D

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:08:53 AM »
Just a thought, maybe someone on the forum is close to the lady who doesn't want to ship. You might get your very wanted LPS like that?
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 09:42:47 AM »
I hear ya. I had the same issue on Craigslist when I saw various MLP's I wanted to buy and was willing to pay for shipping. Seller did not budge. Oh well! Things will turn don't worry, Im on the same boat!

Pretty in Pink

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 10:19:58 AM »
Hi

Both eBay auctions, that I missed out on....totally due to MY FAULT, were priced about 14.50 total each....2 separate occasions, 2 separate sellers. So NOW that I know what to EXPECT to pay, I'm even more sad.  :(
I am so glad I know this information now though, Thank you.

I registered on the kenner littlest pet shop forum under the same name as here, Pretty in Pink, I figured that would be ok to do? Any help with getting me in, is definitely appreciated!

In a moment of desperation last night, I emailed the non shipping Craigslist lady and said, Ok...I will DRIVE to you...when can I come?  Yea, no response. Initially she offered to sell just the guppy set from her lot for 15.00.

She is in Chesire Connecticut if anyone would like to help me.  I can pay for your costs. I'm not sure I can even get the lady to respond to me.

I can't believe how nice all of you have been, it's awesome!

Thank you!

sarafina

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »
Good deals do occasionally pop up on eBay - I got my Sweet Swimmy Fish Friends for $0.99 in a really lucky auction a few years ago!  I know how frustrating it is to lose auctions, but honestly, those sets will come back around again. :) 

Here are some additional shopping links to peruse:
http://vintagelpscollector.com/linksmenu.htm#VintageLPSShopping

I PM'd the mods at the Kenner forum and let them know about your username - you should hopefully be activated soon!

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »
Hi

Both eBay auctions, that I missed out on....totally due to MY FAULT, were priced about 14.50 total each....2 separate occasions, 2 separate sellers. So NOW that I know what to EXPECT to pay, I'm even more sad.  :(
I am so glad I know this information now though, Thank you.

I registered on the kenner littlest pet shop forum under the same name as here, Pretty in Pink, I figured that would be ok to do? Any help with getting me in, is definitely appreciated!

In a moment of desperation last night, I emailed the non shipping Craigslist lady and said, Ok...I will DRIVE to you...when can I come?  Yea, no response. Initially she offered to sell just the guppy set from her lot for 15.00.

She is in Chesire Connecticut if anyone would like to help me.  I can pay for your costs. I'm not sure I can even get the lady to respond to me.

I can't believe how nice all of you have been, it's awesome!

Thank you!

And if you want help from someone to get the sets from that lady you'd better make a specific post about that in the off topic forum? There are a lot of very friendly peeps on here so you might get lucky :)
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Pretty in Pink

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 04:23:30 PM »
Thank you Sarafina for pushing my Kenner Registration. Thank you Aquarel for you suggestion for posting for help - I just posted my issue in the Off Topic Forum. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks Again Guys!

animal_lover

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:07:50 AM »
Sorry to change the subject but 25-30 for the fish friends? I got one in a lot thats incomplete and the latch doesnt srsy closed that I'm trying to sell. I have someone interested in it and I said it would be $5. Should I have asked more?

Pretty in Pink

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 06:06:01 PM »
Hi, Would you be willing to sell your set to me? What's missing from your set?  I would think incomplete sets would go for much less than a complete set, that way people still have a budget left to shop around for the pieces to complete their sets to bring them to full value.

Thanks!

animal_lover

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »
It's already on hold for someone else. If they don't end up taking it then you're more than welcome to it. I also saw someone just listed a incomplete one on ebay for only a few bucks starting bid.

Offline abracadoodeldabra

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 12:49:55 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:53:01 PM by abracadoodeldabra »

animal_lover

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 12:56:42 PM »
yep! that's the one i saw.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal