collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you would love if....?  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Ponies you would love if....?
« on: July 29, 2013, 07:11:28 AM »
They had different symbols? Ever had this happen? I adore Dutch Sing-A-Long, but her symbol is to me, is just unattractive, and non flattering for such an elegant, almost bride like pony. So, who have you seen and thought: She/he is wonderful, but man, if only ___ was different. Tell us the name and the aspect you don't like! It can be pose, colouring, symbol, (not price though, we're talking physical aspects) ;) This is mainly aimed at G1, but can also be other gens too. This isn't for the purpose of 'putting down' the ponies, but to discuss the physical aspects you wish that hadn't been there!

My personal example?
Sugar Apple. STUNNING, but why is she not in Lemon Treats' pose?? She'd be 100% my grail!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:14:59 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
Re: Ponies you would love if....?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:24:53 AM »
Dutch Diary Pony. Her colours are just amazing! But.. I dont like her pose.  >_<

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:46:04 AM »
Mimic! I love her symbol, her colors, her hair ...I don't like her price. (okay, okay, I'm kidding here).

Serious answer: Honeycomb! She is my FAVOURITE pony so I already love her, and while I love her hair, she's so similar to Surprise. I wish she had the same golden hair as her baby.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:47:56 AM by Skitterbug »

GothMummy

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 08:10:37 AM »
Cherries Jubilee if she was in Posey's pose. Or Collectors Pose. Or any pose other than her own....

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 08:14:05 AM »
Dutch Diary Pony. Her colours are just amazing! But.. I dont like her pose.  >_<
I would have agreed last year, but after reclaiming a beautiful UK pony that I had as a child who is in this pose, I have to say, the longer you own a pony in this pose, the more you love them. Now I can't get enough! XD

Mimic! I love her symbol, her colors, her hair ...I don't like her price. (okay, okay, I'm kidding here).

Serious answer: Honeycomb! She is my FAVOURITE pony so I already love her, and while I love her hair, she's so similar to Surprise. I wish she had the same golden hair as her baby.
Nice to see you Skit! :tackleglomp:
1st one: haha very funny :P
2nd one: I agree so much! Why make two ponies, one rarer than the other and potentially more beautiful, almost IDENTICAL? Seems silly!

Cherries Jubilee if she was in Posey's pose. Or Collectors Pose. Or any pose other than her own....

Haha, same reply here as to Eldarwen, the longer you own the pose, the more you warm to it! But I have to agree, Cherries in Posey pose, or collectors pose! Waaaaw! I'd have to own one!

Sandra

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 08:15:11 AM »
I know I'm not the minority here, but I'd love Banana Surprise if her hair was a different color! I think somebody on the Arena did an alternate rehair of her with banana-colored hair and she was beautiful! Otherwise, her symbol and name look and sound delicious. :lol:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »
I know I'm not the minority here, but I'd love Banana Surprise if her hair was a different color! I think somebody on the Arena did an alternate rehair of her with banana-colored hair and she was beautiful! Otherwise, her symbol and name look and sound delicious. :lol:

I think I know who you mean! I think it was Nence! I loved her alternate rehair! Such a pretty combo, I'd love to see one again! :lovey:

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
"Dancing Butterflies" and "Blue Berry baskets"..Love them But they look like they broke their neck. Why not use use "Heartthrobs" pose? 

I still love these ponies anyway..Just wish their head didn't look like the creepy horror movie head turnaround.
:accomplished:

Sandra

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
"Dancing Butterflies" and "Blue Berry baskets"..Love them But they look like they broke their neck. Why not use use "Heartthrobs" pose? 

I lol'd so hard at the broken neck comment. They do look like they're about to tip over.

I'd love Quackers so much more if she wasn't in her pose. It just looks off to me for some reason. It looks a little bit unnatural to be walking the way the pose makes it look like, with the two right legs moving back while the two left legs move forward.

I'd also love Gingerbread more if I could just find her without any cancer/discoloration. >_<

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 08:58:37 AM »
uh, i would love the flutters probably if they wouldn´t look so displeased and the wings wouldn´t break off so fast. <o<
but i never hand one in my hands so far, sooo,..
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 09:02:14 AM »
uh, i would love the flutters probably if they wouldn´t look so displeased and the wings wouldn´t break off so fast. <o<
but i never hand one in my hands so far, sooo,..

I truly have to agree on that part, I never actually seen an original wing, mine have wings made out of plastic bottles and nailpolish so they don't look so sad all wingless.

Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 09:04:35 AM »
I feel like Dancing Butterflies has an overwhelming amount of bright yellow going on. Perhaps if her hair were a different color? I know I've seen at least one rehair of her that was dazzling.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 09:08:16 AM »
Milky Way:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandpress.com/us/fullsize/milkyway.jpg

Love her beautiful colors and glittery stars. Hate the pose and strange mouth. It makes her face look oddly small. I'd prefer her in Powder's pose.

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »
Milky Way:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandpress.com/us/fullsize/milkyway.jpg

Love her beautiful colors and glittery stars. Hate the pose and strange mouth. It makes her face look oddly small. I'd prefer her in Powder's pose.

I'd love Milky way if I could actually find one :p
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »
I would have agreed last year, but after reclaiming a beautiful UK pony that I had as a child who is in this pose, I have to say, the longer you own a pony in this pose, the more you love them. Now I can't get enough! XD

I know what you mean! I've said this before but.. I once read on the arena that if a pony in Tootsie pose would put her bent leg on the ground, it would be much longer than the other legs. I can't get that image out of my head whenever I look at a pony in this pose.  :lookround:

I dont hate the pose, but its just boring and .. that leg!! XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal