collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spreading the Word About Winx Club Fly High All Around Doll Campaign  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Hey everyone! As a secondary fan of Winx Club and loving the dolls themselves so much, I was a bit disheartened to hear that the Jakks Pacific Winx Dolls were not having good sales.  :( I am simply spreading the word about the Fly High All Around Doll Campaign so that hopefully in the future, the Jakks dolls sales boost up a bit and the Winx Club doll line does not disappear again from US stores.

More information about this campaign can be found here:
By Sailoreric97:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpQwdO333vY

By BubbleGumMagic97:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPBprqFw2Y4[/size]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:25:35 PM by Shaymin568 »

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
Re: Spreading the Word About Winx Club Fly High All Around Doll Campaign
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:49:37 AM »
That's a shame they are not doing so well. I'd love to buy some for my daughter, but they are priced much higher then I'd be happy to pay unfortunately. 

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:54:15 AM »
I caught an episode the other day - thought it was nowhere near as good as the cartoons. Shame that cgi has meant that things get churned out rather than made.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:40:57 AM »
I really hate the idea that CGI is "churned out". There is no magic "animate this" button and it still takes skill and talent. Computer animation software is just a tool just like paper and pen or a word processor.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

A Bear

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 04:51:58 PM »
i've taken a few animation courses..... speaking from experience, cgi is 100x harder than 2d animation, lol. but once you have a library, cgi becomes a bit easier... but you still need loads more training for cgi.

anyway, their stock and shoes fit monster high, iirc... so if you go to mh arena, you might find more people willing to help ^^

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »
I try not to look too closely at the Winx because I have plenty of other dolls- but I'll confess that I got this one recently, and she is stunning in person!

I'd also be interested in this girl- but she seems sold out for now. http://www.toysrus.com/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-15745806enh-z6.jpg

I'm also interested in the asian one- she is so cute.  But trying hard not to get more dolls...

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »
^ That is an amazing looking doll.  I've never seen it before.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »
WOW!  The high end dolls are so very beautiful.  I've never seen any of them before.  They are quite tempting.......but I can't!  I'm collecting just about everything on the market right now:(  Everything except Winx, that is.

If I ever see that sun-goddess-y doll in store, she'll probably be brought home -_-  (she's not sold in stores, right?  Am I understanding what the internet is trying to tell me?)

I can probably avoid the other high-end dolls.  Probably.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 08:42:22 AM »
WOW!  The high end dolls are so very beautiful.  I've never seen any of them before.  They are quite tempting.......but I can't!  I'm collecting just about everything on the market right now:(  Everything except Winx, that is.

If I ever see that sun-goddess-y doll in store, she'll probably be brought home -_-  (she's not sold in stores, right?  Am I understanding what the internet is trying to tell me?)

I am not sure if she is sold in stores- maybe?  She is a TRU exclusive- kind of a special, like the "Shadowbolt Dash" http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20794406  She's a little pricey but truly stunning in person- her wings are super metallic- she is really cool.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »

I am not sure if she is sold in stores- maybe?  She is a TRU exclusive- kind of a special, like the "Shadowbolt Dash" http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20794406  She's a little pricey but truly stunning in person- her wings are super metallic- she is really cool.

I just saw an in-box picture of her.  There's some ice-goddess-y character art on the front of the box.......any chance THAT doll will be made/is available? 

If there's a fire and ice thing going on here, and BOTH dolls exsist, that pretty much seals the deal for me XD
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »

I just saw an in-box picture of her.  There's some ice-goddess-y character art on the front of the box.......any chance THAT doll will be made/is available? 

If there's a fire and ice thing going on here, and BOTH dolls exsist, that pretty much seals the deal for me XD
That icy looking one exists- but appears to have sold out by now.  She's super cute... there's a link above in my post.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 06:26:28 PM »
Oh.  I DID click on that link.......she just didn't seem like a "sister" doll to the exclusive one.  In fact, there are 2 other dolls that she fits in perfectly with.  I love all 3, but not as much as that beautiful golden doll.  I wish they had given Icy the "exclusive" treatment too!  There's only a $5 difference in price.  I don't know whether to feel like Icy is over-priced, or Daphne is a steal XD

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 06:40:16 PM »
Oh.  I DID click on that link.......she just didn't seem like a "sister" doll to the exclusive one.  In fact, there are 2 other dolls that she fits in perfectly with.  I love all 3, but not as much as that beautiful golden doll.  I wish they had given Icy the "exclusive" treatment too!  There's only a $5 difference in price.  I don't know whether to feel like Icy is over-priced, or Daphne is a steal XD

You know- you are right-  "Icy" isn't that doll on the box for Daphne-  the back of Daphne's box talks about "Bloom" and seems to suggest that the blue figure is Bloom?  I'm not sure now-  maybe there will be a deluxe icy version of Bloom in the future?  Guess we'll have to wait to hear from someone more familiar with the series :D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:45:48 PM by Galactica »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 07:03:23 PM »
The other doll on the box is a special edition Bloom Harmonix.

http://www.unadinoi-winx.com/second-limited-edition-jakks-doll-bloom-blue-harmonix/
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 07:15:46 PM »
Thanks for the link:)  That clears some stuff up :P

I was hoping for a more monochromatic blue doll:(  Just like the gold doll, but blue.

Of course all these opinions are coming from a person who knows nothing about this line.  Maybe it makes perfect sense to a Winx fan:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal