collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you "Abuse" Your Toys?  (Read 2661 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Did you "Abuse" Your Toys?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2013, 08:36:40 PM »
Nope. Not at all. In fact, my first pony I got when I was 3 is still in pretty good shape. She's a bit faded/discolored with age and her hair is a bit frizzy, but over all not bad seeing as I played with my ponies everyday.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2013, 08:37:32 PM »
I remember taking a couple of action figures who had elbows that only went up and down and using twist tie wires to try and give them a greater range of movement. I don't remember doing much else that could be seen as damaging tho I am sure I did the standard playing in the dirt or the pool or whatever. Oh and I made them clothes out of paper or whatever else I could find.

My sister on the other hand used to be creative and give her dolls makeup and haircuts but that never bothered me as much as her letting her toys get chewed. She knows the dogs chew and yet she always left her toys around and wonders why all her dolls should be nicknamed Captain Hook.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 11:53:03 PM »
I was always very careful with all of my toys - especially my ponies.  Although my first three show definite signs of play (hard not to when I think of all the hours I spent with them and where I took them!) I never cut their hair or did anything destructive to them :lovey:

That aside, I cut my first real ponies forelock before I knew any better and she looked terrible.  LOL.  At least it grew out.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 11:58:04 PM »
Mmm.... that's a tough one! I was a tomboy for sure.... most of my toys were stuffed animals and such that could take some rough-housing. But cutting? Hmmm, not really. I had a couple ponies as a child; the cabbage patch ponies and a couple baby ballet ponies. Never cut their hair. The babies came into the bath a lot though.... they became quite yucky, and were eventually tossed out due to rust and bacterial mold growth in their joints.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 01:00:22 AM »
I took fairly good care of my ponies for the most part.  I had two 'bath ponies,' and that was Whizzer and Wind Whistler, who were kind of gross looking. . .  Whizzer's tail washer broke at some point and I remember popping her tail in and out and all of the gross stuff that came out of her tail plug hole. ..  ewwwhhh.  They were second hand, almost all my ponies were, in my defense.  I constantly tried to scrub Wind Whistler's flocking off because I could see the bright whistles below.  Ah, OCD.  Apparently Wind Whistler had really good flocking because I could never get that crap to budge. 

Then, I had a SWS Twinkler who I thought would look better in white and tried to paint her with whiteout. . .  Shame.  I didn't cut any hair, I remember as much, and I never drew on my ponies, except for the one white out incident.  Not that it mattered, as my dad ended up tossing out all my ponies AND my transformers! 

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2013, 03:13:38 AM »
I always took very good care of my toys, even considering I always had loads of them. Sometimes, they would break simply because I was too young and wasn't careful enough. I also didn't control my strength very well... I did cut some hair and some outfits from my Barbies, but to this day they remain the ones I like the most and have the most wonderful memories of. As I got older, I started not so much playing with toys, but collecting them, so most of my Barbies are in immaculate condition and have all the accessories, etc.

As for ponies, I always took extra care of them because they were always my favourite toys. I did cut one's hair, but I don't really regret it xD In general, they are all in great shape and I am proud of that :D

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2013, 04:07:25 AM »
Oh yeah. I gave haircuts. I also cut the attached accessories off my original puppy in my pocket toys, like if a puppy was molded onto a pillow I'd cut the pillow off to have the plain puppy. I didn't draw on my toys but I did write my name all over the inside cover of all my books and colored some of the pictures too.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 04:31:36 AM »
Half & Half. I took care of my arts and craft stuff and other cool Items at the time such as the 80s charms, Lisa Frank, Holiday Barbies, Trolls. I did make Improvements to my Barbies as well, but only the ones  who had really bad hair that was unbrushable and matted. I made cloths for them more than anything out of socks, pantyhoses everything that had lace on them lol I hated dressing up. I went through sooo many socks with those lacey lace tops, they would get turned into ball gowns. Since I had two sisters the cloths was always getting  grown out of so It was no big deal to cut up socks. But I once cut up my grandmas curtains and that is something I destroyed bad  :blush:
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 04:46:22 AM »
No, I did not abuse or alter my toys.  I thought they became real when I was gone or asleep, so I didn't want to hurt them.  I still have all of them, but most are in storage.  I can't wait for my son to be a bit bigger so that he can play with some of them.
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 07:25:34 AM »
mine also came alive at night so i dident do much to them i did cut my barbies hair but never my ponies ,i actualy fell down some stairs carrying the lulaby nersery and was crying more because i thought i had broken it !i only noticed after i had sevrel carpet burns on my legs !!! xaflamex

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 07:56:53 AM »
I took really good care of my own toys.  Now my sister's Barbies met a lot of abuse at my hands, but that's another story.  :whistle:

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 07:57:44 AM »
No. My family was quite broke when I was growing up. I had a little tub with Barbies (maybe 5 dolls) and Barbie clothes/accessories... Then I had a box (almost as big) filled with crayons. That's pretty much it. My mom told me if I ever gave Barbie a haircut, I'd never get another Barbie again. My cousin, on the other hand, had ALL the Barbies! Plus Barbie cars, Barbie pool, Barbie Dreamhouse... I'd bring my tub to her house, and we'd play Barbies for hours. She liked to cut her "ugly" Barbies' hair & scribble on them with sharpies. I felt bad for them. XD
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 08:23:12 AM »
I got my first set of ponies from my aunt that is only a little older then me. I did cut there hair and I am not sure why? After that I took very good care of my ponies. I still have some that have original curls in there hair still :)

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 08:31:37 AM »
I wouldn't say I abused my toys, but I did love them dearly so they often ended up going everywhere with me, including the sandbox or my grandma's garden. They got a bit grimey and dirty but I think I still took pretty good care of them and tried to wash them when I could (many of my toys would also take baths with me. I could sit in that tub for hours with them!) The only "abuse" I could think of was when I would put toys in my mouth. I seem to have some kind of oral fixation and enjoy chewing on things. My Polly Pockets were often the victims of this and I remember having several with teeth marks on their limbs. I also chewed on their rubber clothing but it stood up pretty well compared to the plastic dolls. xD

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2013, 03:43:57 PM »
No. I was always one to take care of my toys. I did one time cut the forelock off of my Princess Royal Blue though because I didn't like the hair in her face but it looked worse with that cut. :P  I did have a Princess Jasmine doll from the early 90's that I gave a hair cut too which I also regret.  I mean it wasn't dramatic.  She had really long hair and I just cut it until it was at the end of her back.  I was never one to remove barbie doll heads or anything like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal