collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NOW FOR SALE Rare/More expensive G2s? Price Checking?  (Read 910 times)

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
NOW FOR SALE Rare/More expensive G2s? Price Checking?
« on: July 26, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
So I may have just picked up a WHOLE BUNCH of g2 lps from a thrift store to part out and sell - but I have no idea what they're worth. Are there any in particular I should keep an eye out for, or are they all worth about the same amount? Should I post pictures for a price check?

I know nothing about these other than 'hey, MLPArena has a forum for them. People must collect them!'

A bunch of LPS listed on my eBay here! The rest will be up soon.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:59:52 PM by Skitterbug »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Rare/More expensive G2s? Price Checking?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:22:03 AM »
I would take a pic of them-  there are people who collect them- and it would be easier to spot what you have that way.

Skitterbug

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:24:50 AM »
A lot of these look to be older/earlier ones, when they had mostly realistic colors. Am I right in assuming that the inset pink pawprint indicates an earlier release than those who have LPS written on them? (i just got done cleaning them all... whew!)

Post Merge: July 26, 2013, 08:50:43 AM

Long post incoming - i tried to group everyone by species! Put the images under spoiler tags so it's not too huge. I just want to know if I have anything sought after

Dogs
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Cats
Spoiler

Birds
Spoiler

Bugs
Spoiler

Aquatics
Spoiler

Reptiles
Spoiler
Rabbits
Spoiler

Pandas
Spoiler

Rodents
Spoiler

Others
Spoiler
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:31:57 AM by Skitterbug »

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 10:58:21 PM »

I've noticed lots on eBay of G2s tend to average about $1 per pet. The more expensive figures tend to be the collies, some of the dachshunds and chihuahuas, great danes, and certain cat figures.

Right now the big ticket item seems to be the SDCC 2009 kitty. She's averaging $150-$200 right now.

You can use http://petshopshoop.com/  to ID your figures and then check the price ranges on ebay if you want to sell them separately. :)

Skitterbug

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 06:29:15 AM »
That's about what I was thinking when I picked them up. I figured I'd put them up in lots of 3 or 4 for a few dollars each, shipping costs wouldn't really be worth buying just one pet from me.

Thanks for the ID link!

Eaglefeather

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 08:53:39 AM »
Thanks for the pics! :) The only really sought-after pets you have are that fox in the last picture, which is #1126, and the gold and white cat with green eyes in the bottom right corner of the cats picture which is #72. You may be able to get $6+ for them each if you start the bids low. Your other pets are generally good finds! ;) Your best bet would be like to said, putting them in lots of a few pets.

Skitterbug

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 09:14:43 AM »
I'll probably start listing them in about a week - i would love to sell a few through the arena (or ESPECIALLY trade for tamagotchi or other virtual/keychain pets) before they go to ebay.

Is there any market for 'bait' LPS? i have a few with really bad ink stains that i'll probably sell as a lot.

volleyballlover7

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 08:04:12 PM »
Another way you might be able to get a little more than a dollar a piece per pet, you maybe could do a 'random pet lot' on ebay. ;)

Offline DaintyDalek

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 11:03:29 PM »
I'll probably start listing them in about a week - i would love to sell a few through the arena (or ESPECIALLY trade for tamagotchi or other virtual/keychain pets) before they go to ebay.

Is there any market for 'bait' LPS? i have a few with really bad ink stains that i'll probably sell as a lot.

I do a little bit of customizing so I'd definitely be interested in the baities!

Skitterbug

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 06:38:37 AM »

I do a little bit of customizing so I'd definitely be interested in the baities!

Great! I'll shoot you a PM with a picture of them later today

Skitterbug

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 01:56:49 PM »
Approximately half of the LPS toys are now up on ebay! Check them out here

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal