collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taming color changing hair?  (Read 230 times)

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
Taming color changing hair?
« on: July 24, 2013, 05:05:09 PM »
I recently picked up a Seaflower and Shoreline and they both have super frizzy color changing streaks. I read that you can't use the boiling method on the color changing hair or else it will melt. Is there a safe method I can use to defrizz their hair without casing any damage? Thanks for reading!  :)
*~*Jahlila*~*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tara996

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Taming color changing hair?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »
I believe children's detangler and some patience is a really good fix :3.  I had a lot of ones that even went through the dryer and it helped a lot boiling helps too but may hurt the chemicals.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »
Leave-in conditioner has helped a bit on some of mine.  It's had to be reapplied a few times and combed through though.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 02:41:21 AM »
You can't really restore it the way you can regular hair, as it will simply melt under a flat iron and it does not react well to boiling or super hot water.

I agree with the repeat conditioner suggestion. Also try not to brush it too much; I know that sounds a little daft but a lot of the damage with this hair comes from the fact it breaks and frizzes when pulled more than regular nylon - every time you brush a pony's hair you are making the hair stretch and contract. So try a wide metal tooth comb to tease it back to straight after the repeat conditioning. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 02:25:38 PM »
If it no longer changes colour, I've have some success with a REALLY low straightener treatment. I literally turn it on and off, and I have it so that I can almost stand the heat with my fingers, like it's only just too hot. I do a few strands at a time, and while it will never be perfect, it does usually just leaves a few kinks at the end of the hair.

My Sand digger was pretty bad, and now her hair is decent. It still sort of sits stiffly and clumpily, but it doesn't look as matted.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal