collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: E-check payment on Ebay with a person 0 percent feedback?No Seller protection?  (Read 824 times)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
Someone bought my Tiger Pokedex and the person paid by Echeck. There are three things I'm worried about:
1. The person has 0 percent feedback. He/she has positive feedback later than 12 months.
2. I'm worried that since I have to wait for the Echeck to clear, she may rate me lower stars or leave me bad feedback.
3. According to the Paypal email I received, it says I'm not eligible for Seller Protection.

Is there too many risks involved to continue?
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
I would recommend sending your buyer a message through eBay saying something along the lines of "thank you for your payment using an e-check via Paypal. Item will be shipped once the e-check clears, which can take 5-7 business days." That way you have reminded the buyer that they have caused the delay in shipping because of their payment method.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
I concur with kitkat. I do the same thing. That should let you know if you are going to have any issues with them. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
I already did that before I posted this, so at least I know I'm doing the right thing^^ Thanks guys! *hugs to the two of ya*
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
I agree with the other responses that you've received. Please keep in mind that buyers don't have control over whether they pay by echeck or not unless they have a credit card.
When a buyer does a purchase with echeck being the only option, paypal does advise them that the seller shouldn't ship until payment clears.
Once the payment has cleared you will have seller protection just like any other transactions.
Sometimes when my husband and I go overboard on online purchases, paypal will eliminate instant transfer, pay after delivery etc and leave us only with echeck as a payment method which totally sucks. lol.
I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
An eCheck is a payment that you make directly from your bank account. It is a legit way to pay.

Just like a regular check, it usually takes between 3 and 5 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear in the recipient’s PayPal account.

eChecks are a way to pay with your bank account and you will still be covered under Paypal's seller protection.

There is nothing to worry about in regards to them dinging your stars. They are well aware of their payment method when they make a payment. I would do as KitKat mentioned and just send a friendly reminder that their method of payment will take 3-5 days to clear and you will ship as soon as it does.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Star-Watcher

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Raven's Nest
One of the biggest benefits to receiving payments via echeck is that you have no fear of half a year later being hit by a credit card chargeback, since the payment was funded directly from their checking account.

One thing I would recommend though is when you contact the buyer to let them know that you will ship after the echeck clears, advise them that if the bank account that funds their PayPal account has a debit card associated with it, that they can use that card on PayPal as if it was a credit card, and payments would be instant.  Effectively the same funding source, but no echeck delay.
-- Star-Watcher
This space unintentionally left blank.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
One of the biggest benefits to receiving payments via echeck is that you have no fear of half a year later being hit by a credit card chargeback, since the payment was funded directly from their checking account

I don't mean to scare anyone, but I don't think that is true.  While it does not happen as often as credit card fraud, I believe if you are a victim of theft through paypal, you can still file claims - even iwhen it comes to unauthorized echeck payments.

The most important slice of advice for anyone selling on eBay is to closely watch your seller protection eligibility.  In the event of a chargeback of any kind through eBay or paypal, your protection as a seller will come from whether or not you followed the proper procedures in accordance with eBay and paypal's policies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal