collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: yay flea market finds  (Read 1338 times)

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
yay flea market finds
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:05:19 PM »
i talked my hubby in to going to the big flea market here and he made some awesome pony finds! he has the best G1 luck!! only problem was my hubby said that the guy who had a bunch saw me get excited when I saw them and jacked up the price so I had to leave a bunch that I wanted behind cuz I ran out of money... its just so hard to hold the excitement when it comes to G1's... :blush:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

next step spa treatment, about half way done but now I need a nap lol
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:07:09 PM by CrazyCatPony »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: yay flea market finds
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »
Congrats, those are some awesome finds :)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 02:11:53 PM »
Great finds! Never get visibly excited. Always act aloof. :)
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 02:30:01 PM »
Congrats on your new ponies!!! I think that is just wrong what he lifted the prices up! How did he do that?

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 02:45:14 PM »
Ooh, great finds! I'm jealous. There's never any ponies in second hand stores where I live.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 02:48:56 PM »
they were unmarked so I had to ask the price but matt said the guy smirked when I walked over to the ponies... he was kinda shady looking to begin with and I didn't freak out I just went over to them and started digging...but after that he was like "oh those are old... from the 80's"...Really?....I was just mad cuz I only had about 10 bucks and really wanted more then I could afford some were in really bad shape and he wanted a lot more than I would be wiling to pay for bait ponies.... strange tho he is like the 3rd person in about a week to tell me they got cleaned out by some lady a day or two before I got there...?.... makes me wonder if there is one lady in town beating me to all the ponies and buying all of them... :(

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 12:59:21 AM »
Lol.  I have trouble containing my excitement when I find ponies unexpectedly too.  Congrats on some great buys though :)

PS:  I love your avatar ;)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
Oh congrats!!! Don't feel too bad, the guy at my flea market charges like $15 per pony and they were all in bait condition :(

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »
Congratulations on some great finds!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 04:37:19 AM »
I just love movie firefly! Such a pretty girl :)

Mimic x x x

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 06:46:48 AM »
Congratulations on your lovely find!

only problem was my hubby said that the guy who had a bunch saw me get excited when I saw them and jacked up the price so I had to leave a bunch that I wanted behind cuz I ran out of money... its just so hard to hold the excitement when it comes to G1's...

Made the same mistake when I found my first G1s on a fleamarket last month. The seller actually said to me: "They're proabbly worth their weight in gold, right?" They weren't, just two very grubby and pen-stained common baby ponies ... Lesson learned! :blush:

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 01:10:27 AM »
That's the thing.  Non-collectors are stupid.  They seem to always think the item(s) they have are the VERY rarest, or that because one of such item is worth a lot of money, they're ALL worth that sort of money.

Idiots. 

I run into it a lot with dolls and kimono, which are my two other loves. I can't tell you how many times I've been fleamarketing and have found kimono juban and watching these morons talk them into a hole before telling them most calmly they're crazy to be asking $50-$100 for someone's used underwear.  No, seriously.  Ebay is the same.  Constant kimono undergarments being listed for the price of fancy and rare kimono. . .  And it's. . .underwear.  Literally. 

Same with ponies.  These items were mass produced on plastic-injection molds.  They really are not rare.  Uncommon, yes, but, what, about 90% of all ponies are common, and common ponies are usually worth $10< even in good condition?  So, what makes you think your dingy, chewed up bait ponies are worth anything?  Crazy and idiotic.  They don't want to do any of the research, but they certainly want all the money and to take advantage of people. 

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 03:56:55 AM »
Amen to that MiRaja! I've been lucky so far in that all of my car boot pony finds have been really cheap/ the sellers haven't known they're collectable, but the dealers who are there every time generally price everything they sell ridiculously. In fact, they seem to have the same stock each week because no-one will pay the money! No dude, I don't want to buy your rusty iron for £7.50.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 04:29:48 AM »
yay, congrats on your finds!! :cheer: i also have a hard time to not show how thrilled i am when i see G1! Usually when i spy one i literally run to them.. :blush: i usually go to kids fleamarkets or church markets, both won't do the price higher because they see you are excited ;)

That's the thing.  Non-collectors are stupid.  They seem to always think the item(s) they have are the VERY rarest, or that because one of such item is worth a lot of money, they're ALL worth that sort of money.

Idiots. 

And this is SOO true! Sometimes sellers ask 5 euros for a pony full of dirt and/or cancer. No thank ya... It's a fleamarket, get outta there w/ those crazy prices!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 05:05:50 PM »
Congrats, I have walked away from folks like that.  Hurts but better to not let em win. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal