collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: cleaning tips for DJ and RD?  (Read 165 times)

Peppermint leaf

• Trade Count: (0)
cleaning tips for DJ and RD?
« on: July 19, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »
I've been collecting My little ponies for a while and I've noticed somthing strange- well not strange but somthing that had me wondering. You see, my DJ pony had a white coat the first day I bought him which was last year. Now he has dirt marks on his hooves, around his head, ears and horn. granted I took DJ everywhere I go so it could be just ground in dirt :blush:. but I tried to wash it off but it's still there, I tried scrubbing it out with the sponge and nothing. I hope it's not like mold or any thing like that. My rainbow dash also has the same problem, she has either slight discoloration or brown spots on the tips of her wings and under her hooves. any cleaning tips that might work?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: cleaning tips for DJ and RD?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
If the marks are scuffs or from pens or paint that rubbed up on them- alcohol or acetone should take them off very easily (just be careful in its use)

If it's regrind or mold- than I would just get new ponies.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »
Hi! If it is dirt it might be possible to remove with a magic eraser.

If the ponies have been rubbing against something, like the inside of a pocket/bag for instance, it is possible that some of the dye has transferred onto the pony. If acetone does not work then you could try to sun fade the marks. There are tutorials on how to do this online. Some white ponies can be prone to sunburn though so be careful - I am not sure how DJ/Vinyl would react in the sun.

As they are so new I can't imagine it being regrind.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 03:14:28 PM »
If he was carried around with you then yes it will be just regular old dirt...at bit like anything you cart around in your pocket or bag, over time they get exposed to dirt and dust.

I would try a magic eraser and then the acetone - one or the other or both should manage to clean them up.

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal