collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is Collecting Who We Are Or What We Do?  (Read 932 times)

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is Collecting Who We Are Or What We Do?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »
I have been on this forum now for a few months and have been a toy collector most my life and I was just wondering if collecting is something we do or has it become WHO we are......If I had to answer this I would have to say its who I am....im big dave the toy guy all my family and friends know this and I am very very proud....when I go anywhere I always have an eye out for toys even when I go on vacation im like YAY a new place to hunt lol......and I just wanted to know if anyone else on here felt the same way or something similar let me know

I would say it is a big part of who I am, as well as what I do. I love when I go to a thrift shops or hunting online and find a toy or plush that I grew up with,or a toy that just strikes my fancy.  Don't get me wrong I collect other nick nacks,fantasy as well as just odd objects, but I get a big kick out of finding something I grew up with, I think warm fuzzy childhood feelings play a big part in that as well as the fact that I like drawing cartoons and collecting toys help keep me in that toony frame of mind when I draw :). That's just me though, I cannot say I am only a collector of one certain thing,when I like or collect many others. I just simply love collecting, and I love it when I come across someone else or a big group(like the arena's) that get what I am talking about. It is a wonderful feeling to know that there are other's out there like myself that get the joys of collecting. :) Wow I have rambled on more than I normally would have lol, in general I'd say collecting plays a part in both, as who I am and what I do.:penguin:
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 07:44:24 PM »
I would say both! :D while to others it may seem like just a hobby, having a shelf full of happy eyed bright ponies staring at me while I sleep honestly makes me happy! Im creating new memories for my current youth that will feel nostalgic later on in life!  I see my ponies as a rainbow family that reflects my personality and hard work. I love collecting ponies, its just what I do!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 09:09:39 PM »
Ponies and other collections make up part of who I am as do my fishies, my dog, my degree in history, ect. Each area contributes to who I am as a whole. I dont activly collect as much as I did in the past but ponies are and will always be something that I love. I would probably be more active in the collecting part if hasbro would release new stuff.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Moonstar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Prancing On Air
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 01:21:03 PM »
It is a part of who I am and I take pride in that. Without MLP I would have been a different person. It's not just a hobby for me but a part of myself. This doesn't mean that I go crazy and need to have anything under the sun with a pony on it, or value them over my life or anything. But if there is a fire you can bet that besides photos and family things and my pet I would save my childhood herd, and I actually have a few times now.

"The Rainbow of Light belongs here, with the Little Ponies."

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 02:56:39 PM »
I think personally its definitely part of who I am. It's one my big passions and pleasures in life, and I've gone as far as inking ponies to into my skin. So, yeah definitely who I am, for me.

BigHicks1977

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »
I think personally its definitely part of who I am. It's one my big passions and pleasures in life, and I've gone as far as inking ponies to into my skin. So, yeah definitely who I am, for me.
I would love to see your pony INK  :biggrin:

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »
I would love to see your pony INK  :biggrin:

Haha. I posted them in the last tattoo thread I made over in Off Topic. :)

GothMummy

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 02:12:29 AM »
an interesting thread... I would say that its part of who I am, I have always been a collector, since I was tiny.  I used to collect, label and display stones and shells i found on the beach when I was 4.

The compulsion to collect and to catalogue is very strong in me, I have worked in museums and have an archaeology degree.  If I was marooned on a desert island I would probably collect plant specimins or stones! However, my collections are not the most important part of my life, I value my children highest and my horses/dogs next most important and integral to my sense of self!

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 03:35:20 AM »
Its a part of who I am. I didnt think about ponies for years, but Im so happy I found them again. They make me happy and I love to make them pretty again. :P Restoring old baity ponies is the best thing for me.

I've also decided that if I still collect ponies 1 year from now, im going to get one of my childhood ponies as a tattoo.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 04:10:39 AM »
Not who I am but what I love to do.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal