collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony G1 ID\'s and who\'s worth saving?  (Read 465 times)

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
Pony G1 ID\'s and who\'s worth saving?
« on: July 14, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »
My BFF bought a lot of ponies of E Bay, I know the name of 2 ponies in the lot that I had as a child that won't be on the CM block abd the sitting ponies with the sea shells I know isn't a common one so she's safe but the rest need IDing ( not Bow Tie and Peachy) So I'm posting picts ( img intense) I thought I took the filter off my camera that brings out the blue in the sky but I might of forgot to so forgive the blue cast here we go:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: July 14, 2013, 02:58:33 PM

Mods please resize and combine please, thanks!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:58:38 PM by ponygirl74 »

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Pony G1 ID\'s and who\'s worth saving?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 03:02:47 PM »
Last photo:
Heartthrob X2, Cotton Candy, Blossom X2, Snuzzle, Peachy, Blue Belle (if you're selling, let me know), Lemon Drop, Seashell, Bow Tie.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 03:04:50 PM »
Oh my goodness - in my view they are ALL worth saving!!! None of them are terribly rare or valuable in a monetary sense (unless some of them have flat feet). At a quick glance I can't see any major problems with them so please don't customise if that's what you were enquiring about  ;)  (sorry - I might be daft but I'm not sure what you meant by 'CM block')

Lol -I'd just listed names but I see Himmie's bet me to it!  :lol:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »
I think they are all worth saving too :D

Especially Heart Throb. She looks lovely :lovey:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

ponygirl74

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 03:54:57 PM »
No flat foot ones - any tips on cleaning them better? they were more dingy before I washed them - one gas nail polish on her but I know how to remove that but the two toned ponies and the pink marks and scuff marks what do I do without removing the factory paint? Mr clean magic eraser- would that remove the paint along  the scuff marks? Is there a way to touch up hart throbs glitter? any professional restorers out there who would be able to help me as far as advice or services?    Thanks for the ID's and CM to me is customizing it's a model horse (Breyer/Stone) term, I'm used to saying that because I collect them also. 

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 03:58:38 PM »
"Worth" is in a lot of ways in the eye of the beholder but Seashell seems to be fairly hard to find at times, and your Heart Throb looks like she has gorgeous glitter on her symbols!

I have used Magic Eraser on all parts of ponies, including symbols, with no damage.  I just take great care to brush it VERY lightly over symbols or eyes...if you press down too hard it can damage the paint there.

ponygirl74

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »
"Worth" is in a lot of ways in the eye of the beholder but Seashell seems to be fairly hard to find at times, and your Heart Throb looks like she has gorgeous glitter on her symbols!

I have used Magic Eraser on all parts of ponies, including symbols, with no damage.  I just take great care to brush it VERY lightly over symbols or eyes...if you press down too hard it can damage the paint there.
Lightly- OK- thanks(must see if nearby store has them) I do have a no tail cotton candy  with marker/ink marks- I know that pure acetone removes a lot but would that take care of the marker? (looks like a sharpie to me)  she wasn't photographed because she would need to be customized - I'm unsure if just painting over  would kill the marker.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 04:13:10 PM »
I have never been able to get Sharpie marker off of a pony entirely...it bleeds into the vinyl so anything that just cleans the surface doesn't get it.  I know that a lot of people do sunfading to lighten or remove ink spots but I have never successfully sunfaded a pony myself!

ponygirl74

Re: Pony G1 ID\\\'s and who\\\'s worth saving?
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 04:21:28 PM »
Looks like non of the ones pictured are on my customizing list (accept a non pictured marked up cotton candy) It's not the money as I'm keeping them Looks like there in better condition then I thought they were- So out of a lot of 12c ponies only one is in bad shape and my friend paid 10.00 for them on e bay. the nail polish on the one hart throb will be removed with care with pure nail polish remover and a q tip. the rest cleaned gently with a Mr clean magic eraser. not a bad deal - must look elsewhere for more bates  I'm redoing death pony for sale this time have to make the wings smaller - wonder if my beat up cotton candy would do?   

Post Merge: July 14, 2013, 04:24:21 PM

I have never been able to get Sharpie marker off of a pony entirely...it bleeds into the vinyl so anything that just cleans the surface doesn't get it.  I know that a lot of people do sunfading to lighten or remove ink spots but I have never successfully sunfaded a pony myself!
I was afraid of that so painting her a dark color or just pure black would fix that esp the black as that would match the sharpie color used on her. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:24:21 PM by ponygirl74 »

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 05:36:47 PM »
Definitely save Seashell. She's still sought-after occasionally.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

ponygirl74

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »
Definitely save Seashell. She's still sought-after occasionally.
She staying untouched there are some pink marks on her but Bubbles won't be sitting all by herself anymore :biggrin: unless she has some major boo boo's I wasn't going to touch her- if her hair was bad I would of gust rehaired her of dollyhair had her color or one close enough to it, One pony has some tail rust - I have to see if dollyhair has a lavender color to match the pony with the tail rust.

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »
Pony girl you can get tail rust out! I use a tooth brush and oxy-clean (the generic at the dollar store) and it comes out easily. Just remove the metal holder and use a zip tie to keep the tail in place. It's much easier and cheaper than spending extra money on new hair :)

ponygirl74

Re: Pony G1 ID\\\'s and who\\\'s worth saving?
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »
Pony girl you can get tail rust out! I use a tooth brush and oxy-clean (the generic at the dollar store) and it comes out easily. Just remove the metal holder and use a zip tie to keep the tail in place. It's much easier and cheaper than spending extra money on new hair :)
Thanks! I'm removing all the washers feom the ponies and zip tieing them so the rest won't tail rust. now I just need to see if anyone knows what to do with 2 toned ponies and those pink spots on sea shell - I think there are ways to fix both but lost a link that someone addressed those issues with.

Post Merge: July 15, 2013, 12:14:54 AM

instead of posting individual I will link the album of the various scuff marks/markings on the ponies
http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/lonewolf102274/library/?view=recent&page=1

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:14:54 AM by ponygirl74 »

cleverLC

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 05:09:55 AM »
Looks like a lot of them just need hair treatments--those are fairly easy and quick, so definitely fix that hair! :D

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 07:40:26 AM »
By "2 toned ponies", do you mean the head/body colors being a bit mismatched? I don't believe there is a way to fix that, unfortunately. It is very common with some ponies in particular.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal