collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A Little Interested To Hear About Over- Headphones...  (Read 722 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
A Little Interested To Hear About Over- Headphones...
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:38:38 AM »
Strange topic of conversation, yes, but I am interested to know what headphones you own, and your reviews for them. Reason being, I owned an exceptional sound quality pair of Skullcandy headphones, and I owned them for over 2 years probably. I paid £15 for a pair worth £40, since an outlet store had one pink pair going cheap, and I wasn't going to miss the chance to own them. I didn't know what the quality would be like, but friends had told me that for the money, they were incredible. So skip forward to this past week, and I'm taking them off my neck since it's 28 degrees centrigrade here, and they snap. On the weakest plastic point. Where there is no way to repair them.

So today, I just ordered a new pair, designed by my favourite clothing designer, for an exceptional steal on eBay.

So, can you tell me about your headphones? I don't mean in-ear ones, although the plug-in ear ones would be good to hear about too! Give us a review! If you have BOSE ones, I would be very grateful to hear about the sound quality and retail price!

Here are my previous Skullcandy headphones:
http://luinriel.wordpress.com/2007/10/14/142/

(Image and website not mine)

Please fill this form out to tell me a little about yours!

Headphone brand (and if possible, model):
Sound Quality on a scale of 1-10:
Retail Price when purchased:
Best aspects:
Worst aspects:
Worth the money? :

Thank you for your time!

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A Little Interested To Hear About Over- Headphones...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 11:12:03 AM »
Headphone brand (and if possible, model): Sennheiser HD201
Sound Quality on a scale of 1-10: 8-9? Much better than anything else I've owned, I don't really have a great frame of reference when it comes to headphones.
Retail Price when purchased: ~$20 - both the 201s and newer 202s are about $30 on Amazon at the moment
Best aspects: Muffles outside sound to a fair degree, comfortable, really nice all around
Worst aspects: They're kind of large (which doesn't bug me), and there's a little bit of sound leakage if you turn it up too high (which is pretty normal). The cord is really long, which is both good and bad - I can get all the way around my room without taking them off, but it's a little prone to tangling.
Worth the money?: definitely!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:12:58 AM »
Thank you so much for your input and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D x

Offline Balto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/mlptalesnut
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
Headphone brand (and if possible, model): Bose TP-1A
Sound Quality on a scale of 1-10: 8 - I wouldn't necessarily call them extreme-audiophile quality, but they're definitely higher end.
Retail Price when purchased: $100
Best aspects: Lightweight, crisp sound, good bass. They're not technically noise-cancelling but they do a good job of blocking out other sounds. The actual speakers are oval so they completely cover your ears, rather than circular over-ear headphones. I love the sound quality of Bose products, so it was a no-brainer for me.
Worst aspects: Long cord, which can get a bit annoying if you're wearing them on the go.
Worth the money? : Definitely. I've never loved a pair of headphones more.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:33:06 PM by Balto »
Thanks to Moonflower for the avatar!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 04:56:07 PM »
Don't really use headphones. I don't tend to like them. Best of luck finding new ones!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 05:08:17 PM »
Headphone brand (and if possible, model): Razer. Megalodon
Sound Quality on a scale of 1-10: 10. It's amazing. They can shut out outside sound very well.
Retail Price when purchased: $150. I can't remember how much shipping was, since I ordered them online.
Best aspects: Surround Sound. A microphone. Super comfy. It has an onboard audio processing unit. You can mess with the bass level, volume, mic sensitivity, mic leveling, etc. The things that go over your ear are fluffy and comfy. Your ears wont sweat under them either. And blue LEDs that are just awesome. Movies/Games when using surround sound are amazing.
Worst aspects: Cord is kinda long, and it needs a USB plug in.
Worth the money? : Totally. These things are amazing. I'd recommend any Razer product.  ^.^
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:20:35 PM by FoolBornUnicorn »

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »
I'll definitely be watching this thread :) I have a pair of headphones that are like little speakers that go over your ears. Kind of like over ear headphones except much smaller xD They are alright. Coincidentally my brother is interviewing with Skull candy for a job this week. If he gets the job I'll have to have him buy me a pair of headphones with his discount xD

Thanks Whippetluv!

thekozmicpig

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 06:45:00 PM »
Headphone brand (and if possible, model): Monoprice 8223
Sound Quality on a scale of 1-10: 9 maybe? Sadly my previous pair of headphones was like 8 years old so the quality is much better, but hard to fully judge. Still, these are relly nice.
Retail Price when purchased: ~$30. These are stupidly cheap for the price and quality. I've heard these called "the best budget headphone you can buy" unsure if true. I think these are more or less a Sony model without the Sony name tax.
Best aspects: Great outside sound muffling, great comfort, great flexibility (the ear mufflers....speakers...whatever that thing is called) have quite a bit of movement, so they be adjusted quite a bit. Also, you get two jacks, one that fits my laptop port, and one that fits my iPod/iPad port. Easy to swap too.
Worst aspects: Size maybe (not for me, but I don't know how big your head is)? Cords are also quite long, which makes them kinda tricky to work with without tangles.
Worth the money?: Absolutely.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 01:21:02 AM »
A friend gave me some wireless headphones the other day (Nokia BH-604). I've wanted a pair of wireless headphones for ages and ages, since whenever I get a nice pair, it's always the cord that dies first :c

The only drawback I've found to them so far is that I can't seem to use the microphone with the stereo headphone option, it only works in mono. But I don't mind that too much.

Let me tell you, being able to wander around the house and into different rooms without having to worry about cables is the best thing ever.  :sqs:
:fox:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 02:28:06 AM »
well I guess I dont have much to say xD I only use ear buds, but I got a pair of skullcandy buds a couple years ago, I love them. I actually got an actual skullcandy headset, but traded them down for the buds because I just prefer the smaller size and they are the only ones that dont make my ears hurt.

If i cant find those for whatever reason, I have a pair of Sony headphones, the kind that wrap behind your ear/head. unfortunately I dont know much about them either since iv had them either long, but i think the sound quality is good and theyre pretty cheap xD. if I HAVE to use headphones then i prefer the ones that go behind my head, they just seem to stay on better for me.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »
My friend is a bit headphone obsessed and frequents a headphone forum.  I wish I knew which one it was.  I use a second-hand pair of Paul Frank Skullcandy myself.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
Err..Hummm.  I have a headset, but its nothing special.  Just something that does the job^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 03:22:03 PM »
I'll be stalking this one... I'm in the market for some headphones!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 02:04:08 AM »
My friend is a bit headphone obsessed and frequents a headphone forum.  I wish I knew which one it was.  I use a second-hand pair of Paul Frank Skullcandy myself.

I was EXTREMELY tempted to buy a pair! The precise ones I wanted were the 'blockbuster' colour pop ones, since I know the quality is absurdly professional for such a reasonably priced pair!

I'll update when my new ones arrive, will show photos and give me own review, I'm very excited, since I can compare them to my SK's, and I won them for only £5.31 secondhand! XD

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 04:00:16 AM »
Headphone brand (and if possible, model): Denon AH-D501 (http://www.denon.co.uk/UK/Product/pages/Product-Detail.aspx?CatId=Headphones&SubId=OnEarHeadphones&ProductId=AHD501)
Sound Quality on a scale of 1-10: 8 (they're quite old now but they still reduce outside sound really well)
Retail Price when purchased: Expensive!
Best aspects: Comfortable loose-fitting headband
Worst aspects: The ear pads aren't held in very well and will pop out quite easily. Doesn't happen when you're wearing them and they're easy to put back in.
Worth the money? : Yes! The sound quality, while not as bass-rich as other brands, is still fantastic. They've also gone clattering the floor about a million times during their lifetime (the lead gets caught in my computer chair) and survived really well. :lol:
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal