collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thrift Shop Peeves  (Read 4002 times)

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
Re: Thrift Shop Peeves
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »
 :blink:
I've been going to SA, GW, and DAV (when they were around) stores for years, and I've never encountered anything like this. Or I just haven't noticed (makes me think twice about going to them, especially after finding out what GW does to some of it's employees).

And all those years I've only found ponies once: A McD G3 (lt. pink wirh a paintbrush and scroll work for the cutie mark, and scroll work on the face) in nice shape for a quarter at a small SA.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2013, 10:28:39 PM »
the bagged toy conspiracy for me... with one G3 per bag if ponies are in at the time... and the kids are forever tearing the bags open so if I find a loose pony on the shelf im still SOL, cause this particular thrift store has a STRICT policy about loose toys. they WILL NOT sell them even if youre desperate, waving cash in their face, and if its covered in dust and cobwebs from where you found it wedged under a shelf in a corner... so annoying. =[

and that goodwills near me practically NEVER have regular toys in the store itself. a little bin of stuffed animals and a thin shelf above the kids clothes with baby junk on it or boxed junk toys (like the stuff kids would never buy from the dollar store) not a Barbie, action figure, or pony in sight usually. I lucked out ONCE and found a  G1 princess on the shelf of coffee mugs for .99 =D and the whole toys on goodwill online thing kind of rubs me the wrong way... sure the profits (hopefully) get put to good use... but I thought the whole point was to have a nice walk-in store where people could buy stuff cheap... instead of taking the juicier items to sell online at auction... youre not ebay goodwill!

*steps off soapbox* :rant:

I lucked out and found the first season of Once Upon a Time (Blu-Ray) on one of the shelves with glasses/mugs for $1.99! Everything was perfectly fine except part of the cover with the paper cover was ripped off. No biggie to me. I saved myself about $50. XD
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 10:33:13 PM »
I started taking hand sanitizer with me because I just feel so dirty. I hate the way most thrift stores smell too, and they usually aggravate my sinuses.

Still, I've found some good stuff too. This weekend I found Duck Soup. My favorite though has to be my Desert Rose with the pinkest of pink hair that I have ever seen. 0.0

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 11:03:08 PM »
Broken things.
Overpriced items.
Glomesh purses.

Sadly in a lot of the independent ones, Doris the volunteer has become a fascist shop manager, and reckons a pair of lilac two tone stretch pants qualify as vintage, with the matching price tag.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2013, 05:17:46 AM »
Sharipe w*****. This drives me mental. Put a sticker or a tag on it, DO NOT write directly on anything with sharpie, it is either a pain to get off, or its never coming off.

Over pricing junk.

Asking for huge prices for toys, especially if it's a bag of crap with one G3 in it.

Putting a sticker over a flaw / damage. (I have been a victim to this more than once, I now pull stickers back to check.for damage, I don't care if they think I'm trying to swap them, I think I have the right to know the it ems condition)

Hiding damaged toys in a bag of junk (where they show the decent side of the item but the other side is trashed)

Selling items that don't work / haven't been tested.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal