collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I don´t going to collect any more...  (Read 1140 times)

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
I don´t going to collect any more...
« on: July 14, 2013, 03:47:18 AM »
I don´t know if i post in the right thread.
But i going to sale more then half my pony collection :/ so i don´t know if i should sale them here of else were but i really love the my little ponys but i don´t want to collect any more.
i´m i doing the right choice?

But im still going to be here so ^^
I have collected My little ponys for more then 3 years but my collection is really small  ^.^

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I don´t going to collect any more...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:22:28 AM »
I would say yes start here on the sales thread. You are more likely to find some one that wants them for a collection or customize depending on condition. If you try ebay or another site you have a larger sell crowd but with the fact that some are just looking for cheap toys.

I would say don't sell any you have second thoughts about! You have second thoughts it is because you want them and you might just wind up buying them back later.

not sure if you display your ponies or keep them in boxes. but if you display them and say part of the reason you want to get rid of them is do to embarrassment then try only display like 5 or so at a time and rotating. Seeing if you are ok with a smaller amount first. If you don't display them and keep them in a box I would try to display some. You might realize that displaying them makes you feel better about actually having them to look at and enjoy.

I debate my collection a lot and I have so far always decide to keep them. Part of my reasoning for wanted to get rid of some is mostly embarrassment and money. I have a hard time thinking it is ok to make myself happy by spending money on something, so when I look at them I think of the others things I could have spent it. I'm a little embarrassed about my age, but have only had 3 people make fun of me so far. And my lovely boyfriend stood up for me. So I felt it was still ok to have them.

Offline Destiny

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 04:26:42 AM »
Whether or not selling your collection is the right choice, is a question only you can answer. At least that's how I see it, but I can give you a little tip I've seen other members give each other. Try to put your ponies away. Store them some where out of sight. If you start to miss them, then clearly you shouldn't sell them (at least not all of them), but if you don't miss them or even forget about them, then perhaps selling them isn't a bad idea. Also you could always sell just a few to begin with. The most common ones and your least favorites. That way you can see how thinning out your collection will feel like.

And in case you do decide to sell, I'd say start by offering them here on the arena. Here you can be sure they will get new loving homes and you will be selling to wonderful fellow members and collectors. What doesn't sell here, you can always try to sell elsewhere.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do ^^
Apple sauce!!

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 04:50:57 AM »
Yeah selling wise I'd start here, because here you can vouch for just about everyone on the arena and it's to me a lot friendlier than selling on Ebay as you can gaurntee that your ponies are hopefully going to nice homes.

But it's your choice wether you sell, you don't need to sell everyone off if you have one or two 'special' ponies from your collection I'd hold onto them :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 06:54:39 AM »
I think whether you are making the right choice is entirely your own call to make. But can I ask why you have decided not to collect any more?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LunaDehligt

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »
I have decided I am going to sale more then half of my collection but im going to keep my favorites (the favorites are the Big Brother ponys, mountain boys and some princesses and babys)
But if i get more tired of them to i sale them to ^^
but i will put some of the ponys here and see how it will go, and are there many who have stopped collecting and solde there ponys?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »
Thats a good idea to keep your favourites :)

I have seen a lot of people selling their collections over the years. I agree doing it set by set or in small batches of ponies is the best way to do it. This way you wont become overwhelmed by lots of transactions all at the same time. You can always photograph a dozen, detail their issues and then just list the others you have available. As you sell the photographed ones, you simply take pictures of the other ones and then replace them and so on.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LunaDehligt

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 11:43:01 AM »
yeah i can do that ^^

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »
Firstly I am sorry you have to sell your collection :hug:

I would suggest making a sales thread on here....you won't have any fees, and none of the crazies that pop up on eBay :P
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 08:11:14 AM »
Sorry to hear that your selling your collection. I did it in the past so I kind of understand. I would sell here first. Ebay has a lot of fees and non paying bidders.   

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 02:00:09 PM »
Sorry to hear that your selling your collection. I did it in the past so I kind of understand. I would sell here first. Ebay has a lot of fees and non paying bidders.   

I agree with avene. If you really are sure you want to sell, the arena is the best way to go. Ebay makes it so expensive after all the fees, and you might end up not getting way less than your ponies are worth after all of the ebay/paypal fees. The arena might take a little more time to close sales and all, but it would be worth it.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »
Whether or not selling your collection is the right choice, is a question only you can answer. At least that's how I see it, but I can give you a little tip I've seen other members give each other. Try to put your ponies away. Store them some where out of sight. If you start to miss them, then clearly you shouldn't sell them (at least not all of them), but if you don't miss them or even forget about them, then perhaps selling them isn't a bad idea. Also you could always sell just a few to begin with. The most common ones and your least favorites. That way you can see how thinning out your collection will feel like.

And in case you do decide to sell, I'd say start by offering them here on the arena. Here you can be sure they will get new loving homes and you will be selling to wonderful fellow members and collectors. What doesn't sell here, you can always try to sell elsewhere.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do ^^

I agree that this is probably the best way to go about it, that way you won't regret it later on.

Offline LunaDehligt

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 04:47:45 AM »
yeah sorry that i´m not have answered for a wile I have been sick for 4 days now and was at the hospital yesterday. but i will put up some ponys for sale here ^^

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 04:54:56 AM »
Its up to you to sell your collection! If you want to part with any of your ppnies, the sales /auction area on the forum is where to go! Yeah ebay is always an option, but you should sell em here so you know your ponies will be in the hands of loving collectors !

*If you have any G4's, I would love to take a look at them!

Post Merge: July 18, 2013, 04:55:40 AM

PS: feel better soon!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 05:28:30 AM »
Did you still want to be on my TRU favorites list??
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal