collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zelfs (New Trolls)  (Read 10002 times)

TwilightOwl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Zelfs (New Trolls)
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2013, 01:30:06 PM »
I welcomed Miss Clover home today! She was introduced to a few of the ponies living in the neighborhood. As you can see she and Leaper hit it off.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And then she smelled a bit horsey, and decided to take a bath with some new Zelf friends, Tressa and Flamy. Flamy appears to be getting into trouble adjusting the shower head to spray her new friend.

These things are seriously bringing out my inner child.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2013, 01:34:27 PM »
Oh no, these are so cute! My wallet is not going to like this :P

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
I welcomed Miss Clover home today!
Congrats!

I wonder has anyone found Miss Clover in Walmart? It seems that out of the ones I've seen they've either gotten theirs from TRU or the UK mail order.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »
I welcomed Miss Clover home today!
Congrats!

I wonder has anyone found Miss Clover in Walmart? It seems that out of the ones I've seen they've either gotten theirs from TRU or the UK mail order.

yeah i have had no luck here :cry: i really hope i can own her, i have notices the auctions between the 100 to 200 dollar mark

oh TwilightOwl those pictures are so awesome. i love green ponies and the green zelfs.
agree about the inner child thing :D

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »
oh my ... they just had to make a green elf-thingy to be good size to ride a MLP = ok so tell me, how impossible is it to find a clover zelf?  That dark crystal troll is just calling out to join my lucky pony club!

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2013, 10:58:14 AM »
I am struggling with my own desire... I really have NO room in my tiny tiny home to start collecting other toys. I'm not really a toy collector, I own 250+ ponies but MLP are the only toys I collect, and those I do for nostalgic reasons, they remind me of my childhood. And right now they're all sitting in a big box anyway, because I don't have room to display them.

But...but... the Zelf things are CUTE!! ;_; I have never seen a non-pony toy I wanted to own, but I really want these! I do see the resemblance to the 80's trolls, but the faces in particular are much cuter, with their big round eyes and droopy ears. I love that they all have unique parts, their ears are in different locations and they have different wings, tails, etc. Plus the colors!! Also, as other people in this thread have said, when I saw the trademark "love your Zelf" my heart melted a bit.

I don't watch tv so I never saw a commercial for these, but I was walking down the toy aisle to buy some gag gifts for my two friends, we were celebrating both of their birthdays on the same day, so I was putting together a big gift bag for each of them, both bags had all the same items but one had pink things and one had blue things. So as my roving eyes passed over the many items in the girly pink aisle, I fell on these cute little things, and of course right in the front was a blue one and a pink one. So I grabbed them as gifts... and now I've fallen in love with them! ;_;

Ohhhhh what do I do... what do I do...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2013, 11:17:05 AM »
be glad you don't have any LPS as pony friends ;-) (they're small... collect them all = oh my, my house is totally filled with Hasbro stuff!)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

TwilightOwl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2013, 12:16:57 PM »
oh TwilightOwl those pictures are so awesome. i love green ponies and the green zelfs.
agree about the inner child thing :D

Thanks! It seems like we have similar taste in a lot of areas!

I was wondering that as well. From all I've heard clover finds have just been TRU. But then I think they were only in select WalMarts so far, so it is possible that they have Clover and we just hear about it less. Of the five WalMarts within traveling distance of me, only one had Zelfs at all (annoying). I was tired of trying to find her and turned to EvilBay and gave in to the scalpers.

I am struggling with my own desire... I really have NO room in my tiny tiny home to start collecting other toys. I'm not really a toy collector, I own 250+ ponies but MLP are the only toys I collect, and those I do for nostalgic reasons, they remind me of my childhood. And right now they're all sitting in a big box anyway, because I don't have room to display them.

But...but... the Zelf things are CUTE!! ;_; I have never seen a non-pony toy I wanted to own, but I really want these! I do see the resemblance to the 80's trolls, but the faces in particular are much cuter, with their big round eyes and droopy ears. I love that they all have unique parts, their ears are in different locations and they have different wings, tails, etc. Plus the colors!! Also, as other people in this thread have said, when I saw the trademark "love your Zelf" my heart melted a bit.

I felt the SAME way for the same reasons. The only toy I have had an active collection of as an adult is MLP (for nostalgia and such), but there is just something about these things. I had to make room. I hung one of those bracketless shelves above my pony cabinet. I'm just hoping this isn't a slippery slope, because Novi Stars are starting to crawl in. arg. Must.. Draw.. The Line....Here! Here... and no fartha....(sorry, I have a feeling my amalgamation of Star Trek impressions will be lost in type, but I'm hitting the post button anyhow.)

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2013, 01:54:36 PM »
oh my ... they just had to make a green elf-thingy to be good size to ride a MLP = ok so tell me, how impossible is it to find a clover zelf?  That dark crystal troll is just calling out to join my lucky pony club!

yes maycrestmom you need a miss clover to sit on one of your mintys :D
they are still around the 100-150 dollar mark :(
i need one for my poseable good luck care bear and of course my minty.

yes everything you say. i never collected anything out side or mlp and the nostalgic era (80s)
i never wanted to collect G4 as i don't have any room for my beloved G1 as it is and that never happened and i have a tiny house but look at those zelfs eyes, i think trying to remember i really would have liked a troll back 20, 30 years back but these really are cute and do resemble care bears and my little ponies in the bright fun colours and belly and rump symbols.
and warning, like mlp's you just can't stop at one :D

wanted list
for trade

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2013, 12:10:01 AM »
@shabbychicdee your avatar is so cute that I squealed!!

It still suprises me that zelfs are not the reinvention of trolls but by adifferent company......*hoardes them anyways*
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2013, 01:00:29 AM »
Got Pega Sue on ebay! She should be arriving this week! :D
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2013, 05:37:23 AM »
@shabbychicdee your avatar is so cute that I squealed!!

It still suprises me that zelfs are not the reinvention of trolls but by adifferent company......*hoardes them anyways*
thank you :)

wanted list
for trade

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2013, 10:40:23 AM »
Welp, I caved. XD Only took me a couple days of thinking and my resolve crumbled away. lol. Flamey came home with me, her two-tone hair is seriously adorable and I love the little scale motif on her body!

I have one TRU and one Walmart between my house and work, so I just had to stop today on the way home. TRU had six of them on the shelf (no Clover, not surprisingly) and Walmart had absolutely none. o.0 I was surprised about that.

Living in Maine, I'm not feeling that it's likely many Clovers will make it to stores near me. We don't have the population some bigger states do, and a lower population means the toy stores don't order as many boxes. I'm going to keep an eye out, and maybe I'll get lucky. *crosses fingers!*

Honestly, I wish the 'ultra rare' Zelf had turned out to be ugly. XD I don't collect for rarity, but Clover is cute and I like her colors, so I'd love to take her home. But I'm hardly in the minority there, I know, lol.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2013, 04:38:46 AM »
Sigh, I'm so discouraged. -_- I went to all FOUR Wal-mart stores within driving distance of my house... And not even one of them had any Zelfs at all. I wasted so much time and gas! Sigh. I really like these little buggers and I really like Clover, and I don't have anything to show for all my work searching.

At the last Wal-mart I finally gave in and went to Customer Service (which is always a fun waiting game) to ask if they even heard of them. The lady who came over to help me was super helpful and nice, but said the Zelfs had all been moved to the clearance toy section! :( According to this worker, apparently Wal-mart is getting ready for the holiday season so any toys they don't plan to stock for Christmas got moved to clearance early.

She went to look with me through the clearance toys, but we didn't find any so they must have sold out. :( I hope they come back after Christmas is over... Sigh. I have such rotten luck.

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2013, 05:19:27 AM »
oh don't give up but that is very odd that a new toy would be in clearance already, hopefully she was wrong :)

wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal